Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Depends for me what day it happens but I might.  I spent way too much time and angst on slamming and bemoaning this dude for way too long, among many others have likewise done here.  Feels like I need to do something if it goes down.

ost

Plan it enough in advance, and I'm hopping a plane for the dang thing. 

7 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm already looking at Commanders gear to buy. I haven't bought anything since 2017, maybe? That was a hat. That's probably the only thing I bought in the last decade. I'd go. Imagine the embarassment for Snyder if 500,000 show up to that?

Wait until the rebrand, my friend.  New owner, then rebrand, and I'll buy 10 new jerseys to restock. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Wait until the rebrand, my friend.  New owner, then rebrand, and I'll buy 10 new jerseys to restock. 

At this point, I don't see why they wouldn't change. Maybe the league would put up some initial resistance, but all things considered, I think they would eventually permit a change. We've only had the name one, or ( hopefully at the most,) two years.

And, like I've said before , ..

We're the Commanders.

But, we don't have military colors.

And we have a pig as a mascot.

Let that sink in, for a minute.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If the new owner rebrands (not betting on it but I’d be thrilled) they could gain a LOT of goodwill by buying back all Commanders jerseys. Similar to what the Ravens did with Ray Rice jerseys lol. Yeah it would be expensive but imagine the good press and good vibes. Doing that and buying out all Nike Commanders jersey inventory would probably cost 10’s of millions (maybe I’m overestimating that) but that’s a drop in the bucket in comparison to the value of the brand if you resurrect the fanbase. 

Even if they “only” offered a jersey swap of (official Nike) Commanders jerseys to a new team name jersey of the fan’s choice at a FedEx Field team store on a game day, that would still be a huge gesture. And get Washington fans to go to the stadium immediately rather than waiting for the new venue. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

If the new owner rebrands (not betting on it but I’d be thrilled) they could gain a LOT of goodwill by buying back all Commanders jerseys. Similar to what the Ravens did with Ray Rice jerseys lol. Yeah it would be expensive but imagine the good press and good vibes. Doing that and buying out all Nike Commanders jersey inventory would probably cost 10’s of millions (maybe I’m overestimating that) but that’s a drop in the bucket in comparison to the value of the brand if you resurrect the fanbase. 

Even if they “only” offered a jersey swap of (official Nike) Commanders jerseys to a new team name jersey of the fan’s choice at a FedEx Field team store on a game day, that would still be a huge gesture. And get Washington fans to go to the stadium immediately rather than waiting for the new venue. 

A jersey swap would be brilliant.  Just the mere thought of this as a possibility.... I never thought we'd see the day in my lifetime. Let's get it done already and boot the asshole. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Could be nothing, could be EVERYTHING. 

Man Rick Snider had it hard, having the last name Snider. He definitely should be the Grand Marshall. Not the dozens of women who suffered under that toxic culture, stood up, fought, and helped bring this about. Not them. Certainly the useless, out of touch windbag that didn't do ****.

What a self-serving turd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

43 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

At this point, I don't see why they wouldn't change. Maybe the league would put up some initial resistance, but all things considered, I think they would eventually permit a change. We've only had the name one, or ( hopefully at the most,) two years.

And, like I've said before , ..

We're the Commanders.

But, we don't have military colors.

And we have a pig as a mascot.

Let that sink in, for a minute.

the last team with the Commanders name(in a minor league granted), the San Antonio Commanders of the AAF had colors of maroon, red, white and silver

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rick Snider reading his viewer comments about how fans will celebrate Dan selling, parade, some of it amusing

Did Rick Snider just get released from prison or get resurrected from the dead? 

He’s been out of the loop so long the loop changed.  Now he’s back basically re-tweeting and having fan-like opinions….

I’m glad he’s basking in the glow but it’s a very odd turn of events….

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, MrJL said:

the last team with the Commanders name(in a minor league granted), the San Antonio Commanders of the AAF had colors of maroon, red, white and silver

I'm all about that burgundy and gold, and Commanders doesn't go with burgundy and gold..

• Like 2

Some info on Rales and an interview with him. Looks like a good, classy guy.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/glenstone-a-maryland-museum-that-blends-modern-art-nature-and-contemplation/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/mar/9/mitchell-rales-angel-commanders-need/

>>Just like that, a white knight has ridden into the darkness of the world of the Washington Commanders.

Mitchell Rales, a local billionaire who publicly espouses — in some aspects of his life, at least — societal values of decency and humanity, has emerged as an investor in Josh Harris’ group bidding to purchase the team.

ESPN reported that Rales, whose net worth is an estimated $5.6 billion, has joined forces with Harris, the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils owner — a move that appears to make Harris’ bid to buy the Commanders the leader in the clubhouse, in the view from the grandstands.

The only other known reported bidders are Tilman Fertitta, the owner of the NBA’s Houston Rockets, and Amazon boss and Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos, though Bezos is reportedly being frozen out of the bidding by the aggrieved current owner, Skipper Dan the Sailing Man. The skipper is angry about the Post’s coverage of the football team’s toxic work atmosphere.

I have always believed that if Bezos really wants to buy the Commanders, the NFL will step in and force the sale, even if it meant forcing Skipper Dan out to make it happen.

Bezos is one of the league’s biggest business partners — his Amazon Prime carries the league’s Thursday night games. Bezos is committed to paying the NFL $1 billion a year for 11 years. Does anyone really think they are going to let Skipper Dan tell Bezos his money is no good — especially when Bezos would likely have the highest bid, raising the value of all the other teams in the process?

But Bezos may be more interested in the Seattle Seahawks, the team run by late owner Paul Allen’s family trust that is likely to hit the market soon.

Despite his presence in the D.C. area and the establishment of Amazon’s HQ2 in Arlington, Bezos founded his empire in Seattle in 1994.

The Seahawks would be a far easier path for Bezos into the NFL and more attractive, with a strong, healthy fan base and a good home in Lumen Field — neither of which the Commanders have.

The presence of Rales in Harris’s bid makes life easier for everyone in the process. It likely gives the group the money needed to satisfy both Skipper Dan’s $6 billion sales price and the desire on the part of the other NFL owners to see the franchise fetch top dollar. A rising tide raises all yachts.

There are still many potential complications to this deal, including Skipper Dan’s reported insistence that his fellow NFL owners indemnify the Commanders owner from future legal liability, according to a Post story. This could still get ugly. It’s the way Skipper Dan conducts business.

How does Rales, 67, conduct business? We don’t know much about him. He grew up in Bethesda and went to Walt Whitman High School. He has been a private person. He co-founded the Danaher Corporation, which designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial and commercial products and services. He and his brother Steven, a movie producer, started sports talk radio in Washington in 1992.

But he and his wife, Emily Wei Rales, founded a remarkable place in Potomac that should give hope to every Washington Commanders fan — Glenstone, a museum with paintings, sculptures and other art. The museum is free and open to the public.

Here, according to its website, are the core values that Rales embraces for Glenstone:

“Art is essential to life.”

“Meaningful encounters begin with direct engagement.”

“We embrace diverse perspectives and inclusive practices.”

“Honesty and intellectual integrity guide us.”

“We think in the long term.”

“Excellence, continuous improvement, and teamwork drive us.”

We know what values Skipper Dan has embraced. They are available for perusal in court documents, congressional testimony and evidence compiled by law enforcement agencies across three jurisdictions.

We don’t know what role Rales would have in a Josh Harris ownership. There are few more meaningless titles in sports than “minority owner.” It generally means a good seat at the stadium and maybe a close parking space.

But Commanders fans should be assured that Rales would not likely be doing business with Harris if he didn’t feel confident they share the same values. There’s a monument to those values named Glenstone.<<

Edited by SonnySideUp
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Am I the only one that feels like this guy is Snyder's mouthpiece?

Dude has been pushing "Snyder-beneficial" angles hard.

I don't think the NFL has been doing much pushing at all and seem more than content to let Snyder leave without having to vote him out.

Lets hope the background agenda of this tweet is a push for bidders to ante up for a final call of sorts, even if I think the context within it is pure bologna.

9 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

A jersey swap would be brilliant.  Just the mere thought of this as a possibility.... I never thought we'd see the day in my lifetime. Let's get it done already and boot the asshole. 

…and in some 3rd world countries you’ll find these Commanders jerseys along with Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl LVII World Champions

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Am I the only one that feels like this guy is Snyder's mouthpiece?

That's been the theme about him on 106.7 after he appeared and talked up what a good dude Dan was.  We talked about that here at the time.

I don't know if he's his mouthpiece but clearly he's getting some info from Dan's side of the equation. 

So him saying stuff like the NFL wants a resolution, etc, is a good sign.

He's not totally in the tank for Dan considering some of his tweets including if Dan doesn't sell to Bezos if that's the biggest bid it would be one of the foolish things he's seen in all his years covering business. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Like everyone, I want a capable, respected owner who runs a franchise the right way - buy not getting involved in the day-to-day operations and hires the right people to do that job. However, it is very apparent to me that we will also need someone who brings in a lot of fresh capital. This team suffers from decades of under-investment. Our facilities are probably the worst in the league and probably worse than even average college facilities. That NFLPA survey was incredibly telling of how ****ty and out-dated everything here is.

The fasted way of kickstarting a new organizational approach would be to start new. It's like when you move to a different place after a breakup or because there were some major challenges in your life. Sure, it doesn't change everything immediately but it gives you the opportunity to make a clean cut and start something new without all the baggage attached. And that's not just the stadium, it's the practice facilities, the offices, etc. We imo need someone who is willing to spend money and spend it soon. That's why Bezos is so intriguing to me and probably everyone else. I don't think you need your owner to be top of the league rich to be successful as a franchise. The Steelers, Packers, Ravens, etc. show that pretty clearly. But that is only true when you have a stable and well-respected organization with a proven track record of success. I just don't see anyone coming in and building that with the ****hole that is Redskins park.

So, whoever ends up winning the bid, I hope they are prepared to invest into the infrastructure heavily.

9 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Man Rick Snider had it hard, having the last name Snider. He definitely should be the Grand Marshall. Not the dozens of women who suffered under that toxic culture, stood up, fought, and helped bring this about. Not them. Certainly the useless, out of touch windbag that didn't do ****.

What a self-serving turd.

Id rather Major Tuddy was grand Marshall.

8 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

“Art is essential to life.”

If art is so important to him, maybe he will replace that pitiful excuse for a statue that is supposed to be sean taylor and put something truly spectacular there.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Id rather Major Tuddy was grand Marshall.

Actually I'd kill for Major Tuddy to be the Grand Marshall, Dan's own created Mascot celebrating Dan's NFL demise.  I don't think we would be that lucky, but that would be as good as it gets. :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3