Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

Wow ... what a dark horse Buffet would be if he entered the chat. 

For what it's worth, I don't think he ever said it was his dream to own the team, only that he was a ball boy for them as a kid and therefore had a soft spot for the team. I could be wrong, though.

I belive he used to root for this team, not sure if he still does but he's what like in his mid 90s now?

Edited by Skinsinparadise

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I belive he used to root for this team, not sure if he still does but he's what like in his mid 90s now?

He's actually 92 ... wow, didn't realize he was that old...

Yeah, he's not going to buy the team. His window was when JKC passed and his son put it up for sale.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Wow ... what a dark horse Buffet would be if he entered the chat. 

For what it's worth, I don't think he ever said it was his dream to own the team, only that he was a ball boy for them as a kid and therefore had a soft spot for the team. I could be wrong, though.

“Warren Buffett dreamed of owning Washington Redskins

The Washington Redskins aren't for sale and don't figure to be in the near future, but that can't stop a man from dreaming.

Billionaire Warren Buffett says he dreamed of owning the franchise as a kid growing up in Washington, D.C., which he moved to in 1942 at the age of 12.”

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/warren-buffett-dreamed-of-owning-washington-redskins-0ap2000000316686

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

One thing with which I’m struggling, the ESPN story obviously hurts Snyder, but makes Roger look bad too.  Would he have authorized the leak to show the other primary owners just how far he’ll go to the mat for them (worth it to put the pressure on Dan).  Or did someone else in the league leak it, not caring if Roger got caught in the cross fire?

None of those people. League or Dan wouldn't, there's no leverage gained. I guess you could say the league, but Roger wouldn't let those documents leak if the Wilkinson report hasn't leaked. Someone connected to the US Attorney's Office in VA investigation most likely leaked due to political connections. Remember, Dwight Schar is really politically connected. He was the finance chair of the Republican party if I'm not mistaken. I can see the documents leaked as a favor to Dwight in some way because the minority partners' shares were sold for what now looks like way below market value for this franchise's valuation, even three years ago. Remember, Carolinia (not the market DC) was essentially used as a comp for the minority shares' sale, 2.275 billion was the sale value. I can see Rothman, Schar, and Smith wanting a larger sum since it appears in DVN's story they didn't get a fair shake during the arbitration/mediation with Roger. With Washington's sale potentially going for 5-6 billion, Smith not allowed to sell his shares to someone who eventually bought minority shares in Atlanta, and sale price likely to over 2.5 times the valuation just three years ago; someone wants money and these leaks help. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

None of those people. League or Dan wouldn't, there's no leverage gained. I guess you could say the league, but Roger wouldn't let those documents leak if the Wilkinson report hasn't leaked. Someone connected to the US Attorney's Office in VA investigation most likely leaked due to political connections. Remember, Dwight Schar is really politically connected. He was the finance chair of the Republican party if I'm not mistaken. I can see the documents leaked as a favor to Dwight in some way because the minority partners' shares were sold for what now looks like way below market value for this franchise's valuation, even three years ago. Remember, Carolinia (not the market DC) was essentially used as a comp for the minority shares' sale, 2.275 billion was the sale value. I can see Rothman, Schar, and Smith wanting a larger sum since it appears in DVN's story they didn't get a fair shake during the arbitration/mediation with Roger. With Washington's sale potentially going for 5-6 billion, Smith not allowed to sell his shares to someone who eventually bought minority shares in Atlanta, and sale price likely to over 2.5 times the valuation just three years ago; someone wants money and these leaks help. 

This makes sense, but would ESPN be willing to risk angering their business partner (NFL) by running with this story if they didn’t have implicit permission?  They’ve hardly hid from promoting it.  Von Natta was on like every DC Radio show and multiple podcasts this week.

• Like 1

He can get a first for Kirk, but heck lets flub that turn it into a 3rd round comp pick, a first for Trent but lets wait it out and lower his trade value and get a third.

It would be fitting for Dan to cost himself some serious money in that same token.

He gets fleeced in just about every trade-negotiation, why not here too?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

The other owners may be thinking they have Dan in a box here. Either he agrees to a deal very soon or they vote him out. Some would say he would tie it up in court for years but that would cost millions in legal fees and at the end of it he either loses the franchise or he keeps it but his finances are in even worse shape then they are now and he still can’t afford to pay his debts or build a new stadium. Feels like the smart thing would be for Dan to get an agreement in principle before March 27 as that’s likely to be peak value but it’s Dan so who the hell knows what he’ll do. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He can get a first for Kirk, but heck lets flub that turn it into a 3rd round comp pick, a first for Trent but lets wait it out and lower his trade value and get a third.

It would be fitting for Dan to cost himself some serious money in that same token.

He gets fleeced in just about every trade-negotiation, why not here too?

It would not surprise me in the least bit. Hell I'd be surprised if he ended up getting nowhere near 6b. 

I want this to go as poorly for Snyder as possible. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, he's done here that ended positively.

Also, would it shock anyone if he declared bankruptcy in 10-15 years?

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It would not surprise me in the least bit. Hell I'd be surprised if he ended up getting nowhere near 6b. 

I want this to go as poorly for Snyder as possible. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, he's done here that ended positively.

Also, would it shock anyone if he declared bankruptcy in 10-15 years?

He can’t financially afford to keep this tied up in court for several years, which is what the other owners voting him out would start. He certainly can’t use the team any longer to fund his personal life… so that’s out. 

So, yes… I can totally see him bankrupt, but in much less time.

Only Dan Snyder could **** up becoming literally a multi-billionaire. 

Edited by ntotoro
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

What's the odds of a Takeover deal being in place by the owners meeting?

I still think there’s a strong possibility that a deal is agree on principle before March 27 even if it might be early summer before it’s approved. Dan can’t afford to lose what little leverage he has here. Of course it’s Dan so expect him to take the dumbest route possible and prove us all wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, rockluc said:

Of course it’s Dan so expect him to take the dumbest route possible and prove us all wrong.

I'm already expecting the dumbest route possible for him.

But I still suspect he'll do something even dumber.

Dan is a strong disciple of Murphy's law.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Tilman Fertitta net worth is around 8.5b, no new stadium with his money only then.

Fertitta reads like Dan Snyder lite, just minus the harassment. If he’s the guy then you can probably put a nail one coffin of resurrecting this franchise. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rockluc said:

Fertitta reads like Dan Snyder lite, just minus the harassment. If he’s the guy then you can probably put a nail one coffin of resurrecting this franchise. 

I have no idea on Feritta's background.  What are the concerns about him?

4 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I have no idea on Feritta's background.  What are the concerns about him?

Google “is fretittas the worst nba owner” In short he seems like a cheap, vindictive narcissist. Sound familiar?

Edited by rockluc

In a recent podcast, the New York Post’s Josh Kosman said he thought Fertitta would be a better prospective owner than Josh Harris, because Harris is more of an investor and Fertitta really wants to own a football team.  No idea of Kosman’s relationship with Fertitta. 

Edited by Andre The Giant
  • Thanks 1