Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Just now, Conn said:

And? I’m saying that is literally his job when he works for a dumbass maniac, but you’re choosing to personally attribute those things to him. The reality is we don’t know. If Snyder says “tell them this ST thing has been planned for a long time” even though that’s a lie…it’s still his job to be the face of that idiocy to the public. That’s why when he was hired I said it would take a McKinsey snake to want to do this job in the first place, there is no “doing a good job” under Snyder because you don’t have autonomy or a reasonable budget or anything else to be good at your job. You’re half fixer, half clean-up crew, full time PR liar. That’s what he was hired to do. The outrage people have towards him, and in such a personally offended way, is what I don’t get. He’s the right hand man to a bad person, bad businessman, bad owner, trying to do damage control for the NFL. Anything you perceive as Wright’s personal incompetence and lack of truthfulness is likely him just doing his job, and either way there’s no way we can actually know. 

Bruce never explicitly lied to the fans. He put out statements with qualifiers. Jason did not. Jason sacrificed his own integrity. He’s useless as a business leader. Dude sucks at his job. Everything he has done has sucked.

He’s likeable and articulate in front of a camera so he comes across as competent but he’s a fraud. He was just on NFL network at the HBCU event and they interviewed him. He answered the questions so well and with so much polish. You watch him and the instinct is you want to like the guy and think he must know what he’s doing. But he doesn’t. Typical consultant. A lot of buzzwords and polish with zero substance. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m confident that the loudest roar by this fanbase will be heard should he go that route.  From there, it will be silence - that dump will be empty aside from visiting fans.

Loverro likes to call it Ghosttown field which i think is apt.

But who knows if Dan opens up his checkbook in the same way he's done recently, and they splurge for 3 million for Mariota or whomever to backup Howell, the fans might come in droves. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bruce never explicitly lied to the fans. He put out statements with qualifiers. Jason did not. Jason sacrificed his own integrity. He’s useless as a business leader. Dude sucks at his job. Everything he has done has sucked.

He’s likeable and articulate in front of a camera so he comes across as competent but he’s a fraud. He was just on NFL network at the HBCU event and they interviewed him. He answered the questions so well and with so much polish. You watch him and the instinct is you want to like the guy and think he must know what he’s doing. But he doesn’t. Typical consultant. A lot of buzzwords and polish with zero substance. 

I edited with another paragraph, let me know what you think. 

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

And? I’m saying that is literally his job when he works for a dumbass maniac, but you’re choosing to personally attribute those things to him. The reality is we don’t know. If Snyder says “tell them this ST thing has been planned for a long time” even though that’s a lie…it’s still his job to be the face of that idiocy to the public. That’s why when he was hired I said it would take a McKinsey snake to want to do this job in the first place, there is no “doing a good job” under Snyder because you don’t have autonomy or a reasonable budget or anything else to be good at your job. You’re half fixer, half clean-up crew, full time PR liar. That’s what he was hired to do. The outrage people have towards him, and in such a personally offended way, is what I don’t get. He’s the right hand man to a bad person, bad businessman, bad owner, trying to do damage control for the NFL. Anything you perceive as Wright’s personal incompetence and lack of truthfulness is likely him just doing his job, and either way there’s no way we can actually know. 

Again, I don’t care about Jason Wright. He can be swept out with everyone else for all I care. In fact when he was hired and people had big dreams about his professionalism etc, I specifically said anyone who rode through the ranks at McKinsey like that is likely a real pit viper with few morals, and I had plenty of choice words about the firm itself. I’m commenting on people’s visceral hatred of this dude and his “lies” as if he is personally responsible for all this dumbass stuff Snyder does and the lies they require. A fake ST21 jersey retirement pops up to distract the fans from a bad news story, and they have to pretend they had it planned for ages! *gasp* I wonder whose idea that was! But Wright still has to sell it. That’s his job. 

I understand what you are saying in terms of Jason Wright. I had high hopes for him. But in the end, while yes Dan could have pressured him into some of the stuff, much of it  goes beyond a boss pushing you. He told downright verifiable lies and presided over supreme incompetence to the point of total disrespect. By all accounts he was placed there by the NFl to keep garbage like that from happening and he not only did not stop it he participated. No love lost there. 

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You could argue what Bruce did was worse. He was downright arrogant with the fans and the players. Treating both as if they were beneath him. Also, his lies (and he had plenty himself) were spread behind the scene with leaks to the media and other backhanded methods. He is a creep and a slimy POS just like Dan. 

Both guys have thier problems. Wright needs to be gone when the new ownership takes over. Maybe he gets his head right somwhere else. But here I believe he failed in his mission and thus needs to be replaced.  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I've been trashing Bruce of late.  Old habit of mine.  But I have to add a disclaimer to it.  If Dan ends up selling, Bruce ends up my hero.  

Bruce's incompetence coupled with Dan's incompetence was the perfect combination.  For those that recall those old Reese Peanut Butter commericals where the chocolate stumbled on the peanut butter and the rest was magic.  It feels like that for me.

If Dan sells and I think he does -- I will be thankful everyday that Dan and Bruce found each other.  It was sort of like the reverse of Paul McCartney meeting John Lennon which created music magic.  The Bruce-Dan duo will go down as magical as to bringing down the evil empire.

The irony to add to that is most believe Dan's downfall, the kicker was leaking those stories about Gruden to embarass Bruce.    

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been trashing Bruce of late.  Old habit of mine.  But I have to add a disclaimer to it.  If Dan ends up selling, Bruce ends up my hero.  

Bruce's incompetence compiled with Dan's incompetence was the perfect combination.  For those that recall those old Reese Peanut Butter commericals where the chocolate stumbled on the peanut butter and the rest was magic.  It feels like that for me.

If Dan sells and I think he does -- I will be thankful everyday that Dan and Bruce found each other.  It was sort of like the reverse of Paul McCartney meeting John Lennon which created music magic.  The Bruce-Dan duo will go down as magical as to bringing down the evil empire.

The irony to add to that is most believe Dan's downfall, the kicker was leaking those stories about Gruden to embarass Bruce.    

I was jsut talking about those ads the other day. Lol Too funny!!     

In terms of Dan and Bruce I see what you are saying. I can give Bruce credit for ending Dan but he still a piece of garbage. I know you are not saying he isn't. But I can't celebrate him in any way, maybe only what he did. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

As much as I love you guy, I'm out if Dan keeps the team. Only so much stress someone can take in a lifetime, it's simply not worth it. 

I think there’s a lot of that. People who were nearly out getting sucked back in by Dan selling. Him backing out would probably be the breaking point for all but the most ardent supporters. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

In terms of Dan and Bruce I see what you are saying. I can give Bruce credit for ending Dan but he still a piece of garbage. I know you are not saying he isn't. But I can't celebrate him in any way, maybe only what he did. 

I don't mean it in a celebration way either.  And as you recall, I hated Bruce back then as you did, too.    Still do.

As I've said before, the fact that some on the current FO thread don't even believe that Bruce could have had defenders back in the day on the previous FO thread is a victory in itself.:ols: 

Not only did Bruce have defenders as you know because you debated those people like I did but they were a very feisty group.  I'd gather more people dislike me for that thread, for attacking Bruce than any other topic i've ever participated in.  I got the scars as you, @BatteredFanSyndrome and a bunch of others do from those exchanges which were heated.  Some of those Bruce defenders i don't think have ever forgiven us. :mellow:

But some of the stuff that we said there I think oddly has been what's blown up the Death Star for real.  And as for Bruce's contribution to that...

A.  His incompetence with the stadium.  He misplayed his hand, it was easy to see in real time then and we spelled it out.

B.  He was a walking talking empty suit politician -- out of a movie -- he came off untrustworthy and smug and to make it more comical he was a walking misstatement waiting to happen

C.  Basically was terrible with personnel -- Cerrato was terrible but at least would do things that were fun at times.  Bruce was terrible without any of the fun.

D.  Was the perfect sidekick to the captain of the Titanic, said we aren't hitting the iceberg, everything is fine.  Keim among others alluded to Bruce getting pissy whenever they'd write the fan base is dwindiling, he seem to think it was all BS.

E.  The sleaze hit new levels.  Along with the odd chesty arrogance. 

F.  Botching trades.  Agreeing with Dan as to doubling down on the approach of putting emotion and pettiness above building assets.  the Eagles in reverse.

G.  Adding cheapiness to the arsenal basically took away the one tool that Dan can use to overcome his other issues from time to time

Some of us saw the ship veering straight into the iceberg.  And some thought we were haters for saying it was headed that way and that we were wrong.  I recall one dude loved to say we weren't real fans if we don't have Bruce and Dan's back.   

Now if Dan weren't selling, I wouldn't celebrate any of this.  But if Dan indeed sells, Bruce helping Dan steer the ship right into the iceberg is part of the reason IMO for why its going down.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't mean it in a celebration way either.  And as you recall, I hated Bruce back then as you did, too.    Still do.

As I've said before, the fact that some on the current FO thread don't even believe that Bruce could have had defenders back in the day on the previous FO thread is a victory in itself.:ols: 

Not only did Bruce have defenders as you know because you debated those people like I did but they were a very feisty group.  I'd gather more people dislike me for that thread, for attacking Bruce than any other topic i've ever participated in.  I got the scars as you, @BatteredFanSyndrome and a bunch of others do from those exchanges which were heated.  Some of those Bruce defenders i don't think have ever forgiven us. :mellow:

But some of the stuff that we said there I think oddly has been what's blown up the Death Star for real.  And as for Bruce's contribution to that...

A.  His incompetence with the stadium.  He misplayed his hand, it was easy to see in real time then and we spelled it out.

B.  He was a walking talking empty suit politician -- out of a movie -- he came off untrustworthy and smug and to make it more comical he was a walking misstatement waiting to happen

C.  Basically was terrible with personnel -- Cerrato was terrible but at least would do things that were fun at times.  Bruce was terrible without any of the fun.

D.  Was the perfect sidekick to the captain of the Titanic, said we aren't hitting the iceberg, everything is fine.  Keim among others alluded to Bruce getting pissy whenever they'd write the fan base is dwindiling, he seem to think it was all BS.

E.  The sleaze hit new levels.  Along with the odd chesty arrogance. 

F.  Botching trades.  Agreeing with Dan as to doubling down on the approach of putting emotion and pettiness above building assets.  the Eagles in reverse.

G.  Adding cheapiness to the arsenal basically took away the one tool that Dan can use to overcome his other issues from time to time

Some of us saw the ship veering straight into the iceberg.  And some thought we were haters for saying it was headed that way and that we were wrong.  I recall one dude loved to say we weren't real fans if we don't have Bruce and Dan's back.   

Now if Dan weren't selling, I wouldn't celebrate any of this.  But if Dan indeed sells, Bruce helping Dan steer the ship right into the iceberg is part of the reason IMO for why its going down.

The best I remember is being labeled Dan lvers becasue we hated Bruce, as it wqe were blaming bruce only. Never understood why it was such a hard concept to hate btoh and hold both accountable. Good times!!  

Just need dan to sell and these last 20+ can become a memory. I can enjoy going to games again. Can't wait to go to an ES tailgate! 🙂  

Some of us are going to the Atlanta game this for sure since it's here in Atlanta. Went with @skinsmarydu  the last game. The one TH had a horse shoe up his rear end lol.  It was awesome as I took some friends from Brazil who had never been to an NFL game before. They loved it. 

Its hard rooting for the team with the worst owner is all of sports. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, rockluc said:

I think there’s a lot of that. People who were nearly out getting sucked back in by Dan selling. Him backing out would probably be the breaking point for all but the most ardent supporters. 

There really isn’t an option to back out for him. Sounds like the Harris bid is sub 5 billion and his only leverage is to get Bezos to overpay is to say well if I don’t get 6 billion I’m keeping it. Bezos should just overpay. In 5 years the price will be more than whatever he pays anyway. Bezos should offer  5.5 billion and a prime membership thrown in and that should do it. 

16 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I wonder if she had to …

FYI this may run afoul of guidance Jumbo gave a page or two ago.

I know in this instance there's specific context as to the situation with Dianna but just letting you know in case this is deemed to be crossing a line.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Bruce brought back the yellow pants....I'll be forever grateful to him for that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Seems like Dan lowered is trigger price from 7 to 6B.

Yes this is getting lost in all the thread I think. He LOWERED the asking price. Best sign yet he’s selling. 

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bezos essential runs a trillion dollar empire.  Who knows for sure but I doubt he is going to have the brain capacity for details.  

Most likely he hires a CEO/President type, checks in with them, and attends all the “fun owner stuff.”  Leaves the details to others. 

Essentially, he quit as Amazon’s CEO and President so he would have time to pursue other interests. He showed up a month or two ago at the Washington Post offices and sat in on all the news editor meetings. This is not likely given the facts. 

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jason sacrificed his own integrity. He’s useless as a business leader. Dude sucks at his job. Everything he has done has sucked.

Might want to hold off on calling a Black man “articulate.” That said, I agree he is a typical consultant (he came from McKinsey!) but he did do some good things since he arrived. He instituted actual concession discounts for season ticket holders. He announced that the waiting list was not real and began selling tickets transparently for full price (which increased the resale value for tickets). The stadium grass improved (at least the looks). He started some other halfway decent perks for season ticket holders (he is hemmed by Snyder). He seemed to contribute to the turnaround externally of the team culture to not be so sexist and racist. Bruce, as we know, was a despicable human being when he was hired and when he left. Jason I think does his best within the confines of keeping his job; and he knew who he was going to be working for when he was hired. I also am curious to see what he does under new ownership. He obviously will be losing his job if Dan doesn’t sell. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This Fox reporter hasn't hit debt as an issue but that Dan is tired of the crap.  This time he couched it as Dan and Tanya being cancer survivors and alluded to wanting to put their health first.  But seemed to be spitballing on that.  At the same time, he also said that Dan feels defiant and a victim. 

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, filmjoy said:

Yes this is getting lost in all the thread I think. He LOWERED the asking price. Best sign yet he’s selling. 

Essentially, he quit as Amazon’s CEO and President so he would have time to pursue other interests. He showed up a month or two ago at the Washington Post offices and sat in on all the news editor meetings. This is not likely given the facts. 

Might want to hold off on calling a Black man “articulate.” That said, I agree he is a typical consultant (he came from McKinsey!) but he did do some good things since he arrived. He instituted actual concession discounts for season ticket holders. He announced that the waiting list was not real and began selling tickets transparently for full price (which increased the resale value for tickets). The stadium grass improved (at least the looks). He started some other halfway decent perks for season ticket holders (he is hemmed by Snyder). He seemed to contribute to the turnaround externally of the team culture to not be so sexist and racist. Bruce, as we know, was a despicable human being when he was hired and when he left. Jason I think does his best within the confines of keeping his job; and he knew who he was going to be working for when he was hired. I also am curious to see what he does under new ownership. He obviously will be losing his job if Dan doesn’t sell. 

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮

A compliment that is not a compliment!

Just a measurement.

Just now, Hooper said:

Don't really get the Jason Wright hate.

Also only in the Snyderverse do we care about the team president. 

To be clear, calling him a stooge isn't rooted in any hate, it's an observation.

If the team wins go ahead and build a statue wire mannequin of the guy outside FedEx (in front of the port-a-john's).

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

The best I remember is being labeled Dan lvers becasue we hated Bruce, as it wqe were blaming bruce only. Never understood why it was such a hard concept to hate btoh and hold both accountable. Good times!!  

Yeah I think that was just one person who would say this.  He hated Dan but also hated when we attacked Bruce because he saw it as us defending Dan by displacing the blame or Bruce was just doing Dan's bidding.  But I would say you can have two villains in one movie, it didn't have to be just one.  And Dan is always the main villain. 

But there were others who were outright Bruce Hivers, though some would tone it down when boxed in by saying he's a solid GM, nothing great but also nothing bad but solid and we are giving him too much of a hard time.

That feels like 20 years ago even though it wasn't but i look forward to putting all that crap behind us.  As a fan base we have a unique predicament where we actually have to argue about who the biggest villain is here, who is the most to blame, etc.   Sad stuff.  Hopefully its all about to turn.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1