Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Kinda want Harris as we know his ownership style and success he's had but hard to not respect the coin of Bezos.  As long as he has done his research on process of successful orgs and hires the right people(probably has many on a list) and lets them do their job.

Can only imagine how the training and stadium facilities will improve even higher under Bezos. We might get that moat we've all wanted to toss the other NFC east fans in.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

BIG NEWS

FYI Allen & Co, LionTree, and Raine Group are sort of the pre-eminent sports/media/entertainment investment banking boutiques. Obviously that doesn't guarantee anything and of course Bezos will have access to the best advisory talent available, but it's worth noting Allen & Co is highly pedigreed in this space.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

This whole thing was pretty obvious as soon as Bezos did the CNN interview with his girlfriend. It’s been an elaborate dance to drive up the price by Dan and the media looking for clicks. We knew exactly how it would play out and it’s playing out that way. I am super pumped it will be Bezos. The gameday experience is going to be amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

5 hours ago, bh32 said:

It was always gonna be Ron and his Gms for 2023..Anyone thinking other wise is just setting their selfs up for disappointment. 

If new owner got approved 3/26, he will have some personnel guy assisting. No, I know Ron won’t be fired but a new owner coming in then could change what we do the rest of the offseason. Particularly the draft. The new owner could tell Ron and co. , he wants us to draft a qb and the team will do whatever it takes to get one of the top qbs.

So, if a new owner gets approved in a month, the offseason direction of the team  could change. I think a new owner coming in, would want to do something big right off the bat.  So, doing something in the draft seems a possibility.

So, if a sale doesn’t happen in 2 weeks then, sale probably not happening until later in the offseason after draft.

Why would a new owner just let Ron proceed as is?  If prospective owners were already looking to replace Ron, they are going to want a say in the direction the team takes, once they take over. I am sure prospective buyers have former personnel types advising them and looking at our roster and telling them what the team needs.

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You want Bezos.  He won’t need taxpayer money to build a stadium. He will

have money to lavishly speed on free agents.  He can piss off other owners by offering a gauranteed contract to a qb.

I do firmly believe he will shake up

the nfl, the way Jerry Jones did early in his tenure.

Nope. I don’t care which guy it is.

it isn’t Snyder. 

Bezos? Sweet.

Harris? Cool.

Snyder? Nope.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If new owner got approved 3/26, he will have some personnel guy assisting. No, I know Ron won’t be fired but a new owner coming in then could change what we do the rest of the offseason. Particularly the draft. The new owner could tell Ron and co. , he wants us to draft a qb and the team will do whatever it takes to get one of the top qbs.

So, if a new owner gets approved in a month, the offseason direction of the team  could change. I think a new owner coming in, would want to do something big right off the bat.  So, doing something in the draft seems a possibility.

So, if a sale doesn’t happen in 2 weeks then, sale probably not happening until later in the offseason after draft.

Why would a new owner just let Ron proceed as is?  If prospective owners were already looking to replace Ron, they are going to want a say in the direction the team takes, once they take over. I am sure prospective buyers have former personnel types advising them and looking at our roster and telling them what the team needs.

The reason to let Ron proceed would be because they are in the middle of their Draft evaluations and their is no time to start over with a new front office or scout work..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nope. I don’t care which guy it is.

it isn’t Snyder. 

Bezos? Sweet.

Harris? Cool.

Snyder? Nope.

Yeah we are all guessing to some extent.  I know some say Bezos is pristine and they spin everything as a positive about him -- i think they are likely right, but there is a possibility they are wrong -- for those who sell someone who has never owned a team as a slam dunk juggernaut stud and will push back here on any disclaimer about him like they are defending the dude in court -- they are still guessing.  They are optimistic which is cool.  i am optimistic, too.   But we are still guessing at least some.

But what's not a guess is this.  Snyder sucks.  He's abysmal.  It's almost impossible to do worse.

As for Harris i like that he's a proven sports owner with it seems like a lot of high end qualities to run a franchise.

With Bezos I love that he's be the richest owner in sports and he'd be ours.  

Both, 99.9% chance will be major upgrades.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bh32 said:

The reason to let Ron proceed would be because they are in the middle of their Draft evaluations and their is no time to start over with a new front office or scout work..

The reason to let Ron proceed is… because he’s the head football coach.

He’s in charge. If I’m a new owner (I’m not… or am I? Hmmm.) I’m coming in and doing one thing: observing. I’m not rocking the boat. I’m not demanding anything. I’m bringing Rivera in and telling him this:

”Coach, I want to thank you for holding this ship together when it was taking on water. You did an absolutely phenomenal job and it has not gone unnoticed. You have an extremely solid reputation and everything that I hear and see supports that.

I want you to know that I am here. I am going to let you do your thing. Let me know what you need. 

I also want you to know that I am going to be transparent. As a new owner, everything in this organization is under evaluation. I won’t make any promises beyond this year but I can promise that you and your staff have my full support this year and we’ll see where this year takes us.

Thank you again for everything.”

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 9