Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

12 minutes ago, rockluc said:

If he ends up buying another franchise and turning them into a powerhouse I’m going to be sick 🤢

Dan Snyder and powerhouse don't belong in the same sentence.  He's had 23 years to turn Washington into a powerhouse yet we continue to suck.

23 minutes ago, rockluc said:

If he ends up buying another franchise and turning them into a powerhouse I’m going to be sick 🤢

I don't think the dude can run a street hot dog stand or a neighborhood lemonade stand competently these days let alone a sports team.  I am not worried about him having future success.  I doubt any sports team especially if its the UK would allow him to last long without a fan revolt -- the revolt might even start presale as soon as his name would get leaked as a potential buyer after fans google him.  In the UK their fan revolts are way more intense than here. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Dan Snyder and powerhouse don't belong in the same sentence.  He's had 23 years to turn Washington into a powerhouse yet we continue to suck.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think the dude can run a street hot dog stand or a neighborhood lemonade stand competently these days let alone a sports team.  I am not worried about him having future success.  I doubt any sports team especially if its the UK would allow him to last long without a fan revolt -- the revolt might even start presale as soon as his name would get leaked as a potential buyer after fans google him.  In the UK their fan revolts are way more intense than here. 

He’s talking about Bezos if he doesn’t buy us and buys another franchise instead 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Redwards said:

I gotta admit...I'm rooting for Bezos.  But, I just have no idea whom this team is going to go to.  Just please let it be someone who has a genuine interest in reviving this franchise and turning back into a SB winner, instead of some rich stiff who only really sees us as an investment that he can live with turning into just a "good" team.  

When Bezos name was first mentioned, I thought about this team going from absolute CRAP to the IT NFL franchise, but getting this team back to being respectable and a winner is more important.  Here's hoping we can achieve that by getting someone who actually wants to win and get the fans back.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

I was talking about Bezos turning another franchise into a powerhouse, not Dan. 😂 

• Like 1

“Not submitting a formal bid” is different than not expressing interest.

Rules, even the ones that apply to billionaires, don’t apply to this billionaire. If he decides he wants in before the ink is dry on another buyer, he’ll have the opportunity. And I agree that he’s probably waiting so as not to negotiate against himself.

But from what I’m reading, Josh Harris could be a great option as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rockluc said:

Dan is going to give one last middle finger to this fan base by refusing to sell to Bezos. If he ends up buying another franchise and turning them into a powerhouse I’m going to be sick 🤢

LOL. 

Dan will never be allowed to buy a franchise in a real sports league again -- ownership is subject to the other owners approval. In 23 years, he has proven to be great at one thing: finding new lows. No real sports league would ever let him be a part of it.

9 hours ago, Conn said:

He’s talking about Bezos if he doesn’t buy us and buys another franchise instead 

lol, ok, threw me off since we were tallkg Dan.  As for Bezos some think his interest is in Seattle. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I would totally enjoy watching Snyder destroy an English soccer team and hearing the backlash.  But I'm this way.  

Depends on the team for me

1 hour ago, UK Skins said:

If the rumours about buying a Premier League club are true then there's nothing stopping Snyder. There are financial checks and balances but, to my knowledge, the league doesn't have any say over who an owner is, like the NFL does.

I don't recall any rumors that its what he wants to do.  but speculation based on him apparently wanting to move to the UK 

15 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Sixers fan here, who Josh Harris owns. Harris has given his GM everything they've ever wanted and stays out of the way. He is also building a new arena in downtown Philly which will be state of the art once it all goes through. The 76ers are VERY fan and family friendly and have a great work culture. Harris would be a fine owner for our Commanders.

Sold!! Straight to the top of my list. Sounds perfect. Go Josh!

1. Harris

2. Bezos

3. any other douche bag billionaire not named Snyder or Boehly

4. Boehly (even the slightest rumor of him being like Snyder is more than enough to scare me away)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't recall any rumors that its what he wants to do.  but speculation based on him apparently wanting to move to the UK 

But that would be such a dan move. He will want to buy some other franschise to prove it's not him that is the problem. It's either the city or the NFL. He could not possibly be the problem. Only way to do that is to buy another franchise of some sort. 

If he does, I feel sorry for whatever fan base of the team he buys. No fans, and I mean no fans deserves dans ignorance. It's one thing to be incompetent. It's a whole other thing to be mean, vengful, narcasistc, mysogynistic and and a few other ic's I can't say. He is a despicible human. Again, no fan base deserves that. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

But that would be such a dan move. He will want to buy some other franschise to prove it's not him that is the problem. It's either the city or the NFL. He could not possibly be the problem. Only way to do that is to buy another franchise of some sort. 

If he does, I feel sorry for whatever fan base of the team he buys. No fans, and I mean no fans deserves dans ignorance. It's one thing to be incompetent. It's a whole other thing to be mean, vengful, narcasistc, mysogynistic and and a few other ic's I can't say. He is a despicible human. Again, no fan base deserves that. 

It would be.  But the outcry in the UK would be intense.  The UK fan level of passion and attention to ownership is 10 out of 10.  It would be a wild and intense ride for the  Snyders and not in a good way.  If Tanya was rattled by being booed, she has seen nothing yet if they take their act to the premier league IMO.

On another note, Keim confirmed the report about ownership.  That is, he heard also that Bezos has not bid.  He still might but he hasn't thus far.  He's heard different things, some saying the sale will happen fast, some saying they aren't sure.  And Dan is always a wildcard as to his behavior.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On another note, Keim confirmed the report about ownership.  That is, he heard also that Bezos has not bid.  He still might but he hasn't thus far.  He's heard different things, some saying the sale will happen fast, some saying they aren't sure.  And Dan is always a wildcard as to his behavior.

A very well articulated shoulder shrug. 😂

Also Keim is my favorite and has been since he was with the Examiner, so not hating on him.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rockluc said:

Dan is going to give one last middle finger to this fan base by refusing to sell to Bezos. If he ends up buying another franchise and turning them into a powerhouse I’m going to be sick 🤢

If he truly cares about the team and the organization, who he sells to would be his last chance to prove it.  Sell to a person that has the ability to give the team and the fans what he could not.  Bezos has the dough to make it all happen.

Maybe he doesn’t have that much humility.  

31 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

If he truly cares about the team and the organization, who he sells to would be his last chance to prove it.  Sell to a person that has the ability to give the team and the fans what he could not.  Bezos has the dough to make it all happen.

Maybe he doesn’t have that much humility.  

What would give you the impression that he cares at all? He’s a dark pit of spite and selfishness. He’d never make decisions with the hopeful motivations you wish he had imo. I could be wrong, but there’s a hell of a lot of evidence backing up my position. I would bet a significant sum of money that if we could read his mind after the sale is final, his deepest wish related to the future fate of the team would be for the next owner to fail even worse than he did. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

A Low Profile 

Snyder had fallen out of favor with most NFL owners well before the report from Congress dropped. 

Privately, owners told FOS and other outlets that they’d favor removing Snyder. Colts owner Jim Irsay became the first to say so publicly back in October.

While the headlines garnered from Congress’s probe didn’t help, many of the league’s other owners had grown concerned over the drop in profile — and revenues — from one of the league’s historic franchises. 

• Snyder, who was supposed to focus on a new stadium with his wife in charge, could not secure a route toward public funding in Virginia last year even as teams like the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans scored guarantees in the hundreds of millions. 
  • The inability to make inroads on a planned $3 billion domed stadium, teamed with shrinking ticket proceeds, has left Snyder as arguably the least-popular owner in the league. 

Snyder wasn’t on the field next to one of his top allies, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, at the Commanders’ season finale on Jan. 7. There was actually no indication that Snyder — who has spent increasingly more time in London in recent months — was even at the game

From the start of the sales process, some have been hesitant to count on Snyder actually selling at least enough to cede control of the team. While the bids may not be as lofty as early projections, there’s still time for that amount to grow.

Even if it doesn’t, that may not matter. 

The reasoning: Many around the league feel Snyder has become disengaged since he put the franchise on the market, indicating that a sale appears likely.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A Low Profile 

Snyder had fallen out of favor with most NFL owners well before the report from Congress dropped. 

Privately, owners told FOS and other outlets that they’d favor removing Snyder. Colts owner Jim Irsay became the first to say so publicly back in October.

While the headlines garnered from Congress’s probe didn’t help, many of the league’s other owners had grown concerned over the drop in profile — and revenues — from one of the league’s historic franchises. 

• Snyder, who was supposed to focus on a new stadium with his wife in charge, could not secure a route toward public funding in Virginia last year even as teams like the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans scored guarantees in the hundreds of millions. 
  • The inability to make inroads on a planned $3 billion domed stadium, teamed with shrinking ticket proceeds, has left Snyder as arguably the least-popular owner in the league. 

Snyder wasn’t on the field next to one of his top allies, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, at the Commanders’ season finale on Jan. 7. There was actually no indication that Snyder — who has spent increasingly more time in London in recent months — was even at the game

From the start of the sales process, some have been hesitant to count on Snyder actually selling at least enough to cede control of the team. While the bids may not be as lofty as early projections, there’s still time for that amount to grow.

Even if it doesn’t, that may not matter. 

The reasoning: Many around the league feel Snyder has become disengaged since he put the franchise on the market, indicating that a sale appears likely.

My Snyder fear is that him disengaging doesn’t necessarily mean sale or no sale… but rather “if I disappear for awhile they’ll forget about all of this and I can come back to try to take over the world, Pinky!”

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My Snyder fear is that him disengaging doesn’t necessarily mean sale or no sale… but rather “if I disappear for awhile they’ll forget about all of this and I can come back to try to take over the world, Pinky!”

Nah. I think Snyder's gone.

My fear is his replacement turns out to be pretty bad in his/her own right.

• Like 1