Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

33 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Good clarification, I do want to say that every owner/team has swings and misses on FA.  Stubblefield at least got us a 1st and 3rd since he was a RFA and Carolina really wanted him for some reason. I think that's where we got the 2nd or 3rd for Samuels/Arrington.  It went poorly and ended up great for us.

The Dan ones just sucked so sucking hard.

I think you're thinking of Sean Gilbert?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

**** I am totally wrong and you are totally right. Thank you.

Lion King Hyenas GIF - Lion King Hyenas Do It Again - Discover & Share GIFs

Funniest part is--it was two firsts because God told him to hold out an entire season, then subsequently traded with NO for their entire draft, drafted Champ Bailey and Jon Jansen (and not much else)...and STILL didn't win anything.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Funniest part is--it was two firsts because God told him to hold out an entire season, then subsequently traded with NO for their entire draft, drafted Champ Bailey and Jon Jansen (and not much else)...and STILL didn't win anything.

I always thought that having a hell of a scouting department is more important than having great GM/HC.

Not that both aren't importants, but that makes their respective jobs way easier.

That's a department where we've been seriously lacking and where Dan being cheap shows heavily.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

22 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

No Deion Sanders, no Bruce "I'm just here for a few sacks before I retire" Smith, no Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson, no Albert "Don't mind me I'm just resting my fat ass on the ground" Haynesworth, no "good bits" or other related  improprieties, and no to a thousand more embarrassing scandals, unethical behavior, errant decisions and wacky mismanagement that led to us becoming the clear laughing stock of the league...

Yeah, that's an alternate universe I truly wouldn't mind living in.

But you forget that nothing comes free. Yes, we'd gain all that but we'd sacrifice the damn good culture we have, the incredible new team name/branding and soon....the best darn mascot in the entire Niffle! No way in hell JKC could have matched any of that.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, The Sisko said:

But you forget that nothing comes free. Yes, we'd gain all that but we'd sacrifice the damn good culture we have, the incredible new team name/branding and soon....the best darn mascot in the entire Niffle! No way in hell JKC could have matched any of that.

We are the gold standard now, after all.

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

That's a department where we've been seriously lacking and where Dan being cheap shows heavily.

Snyder is like the kid who buys a 1989 Honda Civic, puts new rims, a flashy painjob, new seats, big spoiler, and a loud sound system, but does nothing to the engine, suspension, transmission, etc.

It's just a flashy piece of ****.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

We are the gold standard now, after all.

Snyder is like the kid who buys a 1989 Honda Civic, puts new rims, a flashy painjob, new seats, big spoiler, and a loud sound system, but does nothing to the engine, suspension, transmission, etc.

And to be sure, this franchise was a major "fixer-upper" when Snyder took over so I couldn't think of a more apt simile than this one. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Exactly, marketing is the only thing Dan knows and it shows. The sad thing is he doesn’t even do that well. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Sean Gilbert was good here. Traded a first to bring him in, got a great season out of the guy, then got two first round picks for him from Carolina. One of the last few times we ever came out ahead on a deal…

Before Vinny "Who Needs Depth?" Cerrato came in.

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Right, this thread needs to get some serious traction now. New owner, front office and coaching staff overhaul, QB. Quite the task ahead. All starts with getting Snyder out as soon as practically possible.

Just fire Ron now. Can we leave the coaching position open until new owner buys the team?

19 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Just fire Ron now. Can we leave the coaching position open until new owner buys the team?

I'm totally fine with a 1 year HC.  Just a placeholder guy.  Can't get worse, and can help set us up in the following draft.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 5:44 PM, Redwards said:

For me, I care a ton about it.  Yes, first and foremost, Dan must sell.  Absolutely.  But there will be life after Dan.

This rebrand makes no sense.  The mascot doesn't tie in with the name, the colors don't make a lick of sense with the name.  The uniforms are beyond abysmal, as is the cheap orange/yellow electrical tape placed on the helmet.  

For what the new owner will be paying for the team (a historic amount), I find it very, very hard to believe the NFL wouldn't allow him/her to rebrand.  And that's gonna set off a HUGE chain reaction for what franchises are worth.  The sale of the Ravens will eclipse the sale of the Redskins more than likely.  So the costs incurred by the NFL for rebranding and merchandise, etc., are nothing in the ocean of green they are about to make.  The new owner will be reviving one of the most lucrative franchises in all of sports.  Rebranding costs are nothing, especially since the majority of the fanbase doesn't like the nam

Now, I'm not getting my hopes up on the rebranding.  I'm prepared for the worst.  However, at a bare MINIMUM, the new owner must burn the uniforms and logo and come up with something from scratch immediately.  It's embarrassing as hell.  I'll personally never call them the Commanders.  Ever.  They're the Redskins to me until a decent name is picked.  Doesn't have to be one of my favorites, but it's gotta be a legit decent name that the majority of the fans can get behind.  Hell, the NFL OWES the fans that much after allowing this monster to desecrate our organization and fanbase for as long as he has.  

What color should be associated with a commander?  Why can't a commander be in a shade of red and yellow?  The most famous mascots have nothing to do with a team name.  The San Diego Chicken, the Philly Phanatic, Gritty.  And the Washington Nationals have an Eagle as a mascot