Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't want to offend any of you guys, so I'll ask politely first:  

How many of you guys actually like the Commanders name and would you be upset if the new owner changed it?

They could change the name to the doggy doo club of Potomac Maryland or the Giant Squids or Flesh Eating Bacterias and I wouldn’t care if they started winning games consistently. 

I’ve said this 1000 times.  Almost all the NFL team names are dumb. Dumb birds, stupid big animals (mostly big cats but we have marine mammals and bears also), mundane other things. They’re mostly dumb.  

Commanders is only slightly more dumb because there isn’t a good abbreviation.  Other than that, it’s just the same as all the rest of the dumb names.  Would I care if they changed it? No.  Would I care if it stayed the same? No.  

I was (and still am) anti Red Wolves because it sounds like a junior high travel soccer team name.  But if they changed it to the Red Wolves, I wouldn’t care about that either.

Just win baby.  

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I have a very hard time believing that at this point, the NFL is just going to let him all Willy nilly sell off 40% of the team to whomever the shady characters would be, that would want to get in bed with Dan amid a variety of investigations~ federal, MJW, etc.  

Not so sure about that!

Breaking News: TMZ reporting Dan Snyder in advanced negotiations to sell 49% of the team to this guy…

image.gif.4d4d1fdcbeb5eaa4393b84520f61bbcf.gif

The Washington clown show continues.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

As for the name change, to each their own, for me personally i don't care one way or another.

But for what its worth if anything, the Forbes reporter who broke the story, specializes in sports business and said the name Commanders based on the marketing research he saw has been a big hit for a number of reasons so he didn't give the vibe a new owner would want to change it.  He actually flat out said the new name is a bonus for new ownership.

For me, for all I care they can call the team the Washington Potato heads if Dan is gone.  All I want is Dan bye bye. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for the name change, to each their own, for me personally i don't care one way or another.

But for what its worth if anything, the Forbes reporter who broke the story, specializes in sports business and said the name Commanders based on the marketing research he saw has been a big hit for a number of reasons so he didn't give the vibe a new owner would want to change it.  He actually flat out said the new name is a bonus for new ownership.

For me, for all I care they can call the team the Washington Potato heads if Dan is gone.  All I want is Dan bye bye. 

By the way that's MR. Potato Head. :P

• Haha 4

That's the first I've heard that MJW spoke to the 1.6 million dollar woman. She rejected Snyder's additional bribe.

The more I think about this I feel strongly that Goodell should go too. If he really thought getting an oral report would allow them to move on he has terrible judgement. Other owners weren't even briefed on her report to make an informed decision.

That was the decision that caused Congress to get involved. You just can't cover up stuff these days like you could 50 years ago when 380 million citizens didn't have cell phones that could record everything.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, ultravin said:

Elon is valued at over 200 billion vs. Bezos's 120 billion.  Even though he bought Twitter for 44 billion, 5 billion is probably chump change for him.  He can outbid Bezos if he really wanted to buy the team.  heck, he can probably buy the NFL!

I would prefer a black owner though.  i honestly think that would be awesome if Washington becomes the first NFL franchise to have a black owner.  it would attract a lot of revenue as well as possible free agents, not to mention good quality coaches. heck, if that happens, I would not be surprised if Deion Sanders becomes a head coach for this team.

I don't care if the new owner is a He or She.  I don't care if they are black, white, brown, blue, purple, yellow, green....I just want the complete antithesis of the scumbag.  We've all been enduring this rainstorm for what seems like centuries now.  But, FINALLY, the clouds are starting to dissipate. 

And you know what?

black and white quotes GIF

• Thumb up 1

I've been apathetic towards the Commander's name. Its all the design choices a poor execution around the Commanders' brand that bugs and angers me. If they didn't botch that so badly, I probably would own some commanders gear right now but there is not much to take pride in when they don't do it themselves.

That being said the groundswell for a name change is already in place and It will continue to grow and will end up being absolutely tremendous. The abysmal rollout that devastated early fan acceptance has left the door wide open for this. Even w/o knowing who the new ownership will be we will see these calls for change gain steam and grow as we move into succsessive days. By the time we get to Day 1 of new ownership the noise will be deafining.

This likely sell of the team has given people even more of a reason to resist the Commanders brand, as there is a possibility it is not as permanent as we once thought. There is a tangible pathway to something different. For anyone who was not fully sold, this becomes the biggest obstacle to acceptance they have ever faced.

I'm all about shedding everything Commanders. They did a terrible job building any form of attatchment to the brand w/ me so I wouldn't bat an eye at the chance to take another swing and do it right. 

Expect to be crushed under enough polls from twitter, facebook, Reddit and WaPo to fill the mariana trench.

Expect a ton of new clickbait articles about name possibilities to be penned

We riding this roller coaster all over again.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

Washington fans always cheer against us. I read your Around the NFL game threads LOL. It doesn’t bother me in the least as that means your good majority of the time. Seriously I don’t care. You guys probably don’t mind the Vikings though am I right?

What in the Sam Hell? 😂

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I don't care if the new owner is a He or She.  I don't care if they are black, white, brown, blue, purple, yellow, green....I just want the complete antithesis of the scumbag.  We've all been enduring this rainstorm for what seems like centuries now.  But, FINALLY, the clouds are starting to dissipate. 

And you know what?

black and white quotes GIF

Technically, Elon Musk is a minority as an African American :movefast:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

He didn't win championships there but his teams were solid.

I think he drafted Junior Seau his first year there. Had them in a super bowl a few years later with ol Stan Humphries at QB.

He drafter Ryan Leaf tho. 😬

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Technically, Elon Musk is a minority as an African American :movefast:

Go Away GIF

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Beathard didn't do so well in San Diego though...

He took them to a Superbowl - their only one in team history. And he did it with a QB he got from Casserly for a 4th round pick...which Casserly blew on a punter who got cut in training camp.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ThePackisback said:

Sounds like he was awesome at drafting players. One of the players was Brian Mitchell. I remember him from the 90s.

Every first round pick by Casserly was a bust before his last draft when he got Champ Bailey.

And before Albert Haynesworth, there was the record contract for megabust Dana Blubberfield.

Casserly was a decent scout who had no business being a GM, just like Norvo the Clown was a great OC who had no business being a head coach 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Every first round pick by Casserly was a bust before his last draft when he got Champ Bailey.

And before Albert Haynesworth, there was the record contract for megabust Dana Blubberfield.

Casserly was a decent scout who had no business being a GM, just like Norvo the Clown was a great OC who had no business being a head coach 

You guys didn’t like Norv Turner?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Riggo-toni said:

That was his best draft. Bailey and Jansen in the first two rounds. Then getting all the Saints picks because Ditka was crazy in love with Ricky Williams.

Casserly was just awful with early picks over the prior decade. 

3 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Casserly was a decent scout who had no business being a GM, 

He shoulda stayed a scout. He actually had some ok draft picks in later rounds through the years. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2