Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

That play was a disaster and could have been worse. Why are we throwing backwards here Turner?

That wasn't counted as a pass. They counted it as a run out of Shotgun:

WAS-2-10-IND 41

(6:41) (Shotgun) T.McLaurin left end to IND 48 for -7 yards (K.Moore).

image.thumb.png.f0f16218ab194209b60fd878a53e58bc.png

Just now, Hdf561 said:

Colts D is good, but the play calling is contributing to a lot of the offensive woes 

You can’t call a pass play more than 15 yards.  It limits play calling.

Everything is compresses. 

I actually think Turner schemed up 2 good plays where they managed to run off the coverage and hit Gibson underneath for big gains.  Pretty good….

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Stupid play.....please push it down field SCOTT TURNER!

Turner has to play call to the talent he has. With Heinicke's limited arm, there are going to be more short passes and dump offs simply by necessity. Not much that can really be done about it unless we want drastically increased changes of interceptions.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Milne just watching the LB shoot in for a 7 yard loss, what does Milne do well?

He does catch punts well. That is about it, as he doesn't know how to return at all.

Although that play was recognized probably in the film room by that defender. Milne had no shot to even square up to block him as he knew where that was going with Terry in motion.

Just now, TK said:

That wasn't counted as a pass. They counted it as a run out of Shotgun:

WAS-2-10-IND 41

(6:41) (Shotgun) T.McLaurin left end to IND 48 for -7 yards (K.Moore).

image.thumb.png.f0f16218ab194209b60fd878a53e58bc.png

Didnt say it counted as a pass. I said why are we throwing the ball backwards. Which we did

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Are you assuming I'm claiming them as identical situations?  

That's even better it's his second year, for folks insisting they want to see Howell play in his first.

I'm talking about "realistic expectations" and "taking notes" yet I'm a hater on a clearly better prospect...rioght...

See, this is what I mean when I say people don’t see the forest through the trees. We need to see Howell this year. If he stinks we almost are guaranteed to draft a QB. If he shows promise we likely re-sign Heinicke and roll with Howell. But we have to see him. It’s more than just “omg we need to see the rookie lol”

• Like 2

Something people never seem to bring up with Heinicke is that the margin for error is so small because with him at QB there are so many pass plays that go for very minimal yardage, and not very much to clear out a defense, that you see these drives that go for 7-8 minutes, 50-60 yards, but end up in zero points because once you get on the other side of the field where everything tightens up, you don't have the luxury to throw a 3 yard pass and have it got for 15 yards.   If Heinicke was connecting through the air on just a 1-2 20+ yard passes it would look so different.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Turner has to play call to the talent he has. With Heinicke's limited arm, there are going to be more short passes and dump offs simply by necessity. Not much that can really be done about it unless we want drastically increased changes of interceptions.

Got it. Turners play calling good. Heinicke bad. But if he can only throw weak passes I would rather he do it 10 yards downfield then 10 yards to his left behind the line of scrimmage.

Edited by tmandoug1
Add on.