Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

51 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I’m just not excited. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 8352 times, that means I’m a Commanders fan. 

I’ve been hearing “this is the guy!!” for close to 30 years now. For you puppies out there, that’s pre Snyder, going back to the Norv days. 

“This is it, we’ve got our guy!!” And routinely it’s gone sour practically every time. So while I recognize that Bienemy has upside and that he’s well respected and liked and all the other warm and fuzzy bull****, I’m expecting disappointment because that’s what I’ve been accustomed to for years now. I’m surprised to see some of you veterans on here getting your hopes up, too. You should know better by now. 

If you don’t have any expectations, you’ll never be disappointed. Welcome to DC, EB. I’m sure you’re the guy this time. 

He’s an OC gained in an offseason where we’re getting a new owner, the stakes aren’t that high. It’s still a cool acquisition that would have been unthinkable outside of the very weird, unique situation he is in and we are in. Snyder going is still the main story and the only real reason to have any hope. I guarantee you that if Snyder wasn’t selling nobody here would care at all about Bienemy. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Players tweeting about it is a good sign, too. It's a feel good move. Who knows if it works. But it's a quality signing for this organization even if you're not excited about it. 

I am.

I think Bienemy is going to bring something here that we haven't seen. But still, even with me being excited I completely accept that we are the Washington Red Football Commandos. Bad finds us. But the actual hire is solid.

We just need to get rid of this douche below and the luck of this franchise will change IMO.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 11
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

He’s an OC gained in an offseason where we’re getting a new owner, the stakes aren’t that high. It’s still a cool acquisition that would have been unthinkable outside of the very weird, unique situation he is in and we are in. Snyder going is still the main story and the only real reason to have any hope. I guarantee you that if Snyder wasn’t selling nobody here would care at all about Bienemy. 

I think people are trying to find some sort of meaning about Bienemy and Snyder selling/not selling that might not exist. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So I have 2 concerns/issues with this hire:

1. Reid’s offense, and I’m guessing Bieniemy is going to run some variation of it, is one of the most complicated, wordiest offenses in the history of the NFL.  It’s as big a shift from the coryell system which is the foundation of the Turner system.  So there is going to be a HUGE learning curve for the entire offense, and MASSIVE for Howell.  Expect a backup QB who’s been in this system before.  

I’m sure the Bieniemy playbook is going to be compared with the Al Saunder’s playbook.  Personally, if any player complains about the size of the playbook or complexity of I think they should be immediately released. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be based on possibly the most successful offense over the last 30 years.  If you aren’t smart enough to learn it, you’re not smart enough to be on the team. 

2. I’m going to have to learn how to spell Bieniemy.

It just so happens that Shane Buechele could hit the open market. Howell and Buechele? Throw in Fields and I may have a stroke. 

• Haha 4

Never hire the coordinator with the generational talent at their disposal, you hire the guy who is making things happen with trash (See Sean McVay coming from washington).  Not to mention everyone knows Andy Reid is the real OC in KC.

Also - if you want to be truly disturbed check out Eric's rap sheet, couple highlights

--Assault 

--Assault of a woman

--Assault of a Firefighter

--DUI and multiple infractions to the point where he lost his license

--Likely participation in a recruiting program which involved drugs, alcohol and prostitution

More trash from the team known to be a garbage can - 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not sure how anyone can hate on hiring EB.  The guy has been witness to and a part of Reid’s wizardry, 5 straight conference championships and 2 Super Bowls.

I tip my cap to Ron, leveraging his friendship with Reid and bringing in a guy of EB’s caliber in what is likely a lame duck season for him.

Negativity has not only grown here, but it was birthed by Redskin/Team/Commando fans. I don't think anyone was ever negative until we came along. We fostered it. Nurtured it. And now it thrives. Of course people will be against it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We got plenty of dudes who can run and stretch the field.

The bigger question IMO is who is the Kelce?

Just posted in the draft thread. I think we're 60/40 locked into OL in the first. But for the first time I think Mayer is a VERY real possibility with Bienemy here. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron gets credit.  No way he'd come to this dumpster fire I'd guess without Andy and Ron being close.

Maybe he decided to come here because even though our outgoing owner sucks…the team itself is FAR from a “dumpster fire?”

Ron gets credit for a lot.  I hope he is safe for a while.  I like the man running the show.  I will be glad when Snyder is gone if for no other reason than many of our fans will be positive again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We got plenty of dudes who can run and stretch the field.

The bigger question IMO is who is the Kelce?

They really likes a bunch of the young guys, but they all got hurt at the same time in training camp.  Which is a bad sign: if you’re getting hurt at a position that takes a beating before the beating starts…. Not good.

I think you’re going to see an approach in FA going after former Reid tree offensive players.  Especially at TE and OL.  I honestly have no idea who all of them are.  But I think they’re going to target guys who know the system to bring in.  Probably a few TEs in that group. Not Kelsey level, but good and know the system.  And then see if one of the young guys develops.  That’s my guess.  

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Negativity has not only grown here, but it was birthed by Redskin/Team/Commando fans. I don't think anyone was ever negative until we came along. We fostered it. Nurtured it. And now it thrives. Of course people will be against it. 

I can totally understand the perspective of expecting everything to suck.  For Ron to can Turner of whom he just extended, and hold out for damn near 2 months to land the OC of the Super Bowl champs is one hell of a way to try and not suck.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can totally understand the perspective of expecting everything to suck.  For Ron to can Turner of whom he just extended, and hold out for damn near 2 months to land the OC of the Super Bowl champs is one hell of a way to try and not suck.

Agreed. I’m really happy. I think some people mistake happiness for naivety. I understand he still has challenges and may not pan out. But it is a high end hire. Not even a quality hire. A high end hire.

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Just posted in the draft thread. I think we're 60/40 locked into OL in the first. But for the first time I think Mayer is a VERY real possibility with Bienemy here. 

Yep I've made similar posts in both this thread and the draft thread too as soon as this looked like a real possibility the other day, so we are on the same page

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think people are trying to find some sort of meaning about Bienemy and Snyder selling/not selling that might not exist. 

I agree, I don’t think there’s anything to read into it at all. I think Rivera was allowed to spend money on Bienemy, and Snyder is still going to sell. Wasn’t really the point of my post, though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They really likes a bunch of the young guys, but they all got hurt at the same time in training camp.  Which is a bad sign: if you’re getting hurt at a position that takes a beating before the beating starts…. Not good.

I think you’re going to see an approach in FA going after former Reid tree offensive players.  Especially at TE and OL.  I honestly have no idea who all of them are.  But I think they’re going to target guys who know the system to bring in.  Probably a few TEs in that group. Not Kelsey level, but good and know the system.  And then see if one of the young guys develops.  That’s my guess.  

I like the potential of the young guys but I think they will want to shoot a bit higher.  Some O lineman of note from KC in FA, not really at TE but its a loaded first-2nd round for that spot.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Never hire the coordinator with the generational talent at their disposal, you hire the guy who is making things happen with trash (See Sean McVay coming from washington).  Not to mention everyone knows Andy Reid is the real OC in KC.

Also - if you want to be truly disturbed check out Eric's rap sheet, couple highlights

--Assault 

--Assault of a woman

--Assault of a Firefighter

--DUI and multiple infractions to the point where he lost his license

--Likely participation in a recruiting program which involved drugs, alcohol and prostitution

More trash from the team known to be a garbage can - 

We’re all very aware of all of this and have been discussing it in-depth and with nuance for over a month. But thank you for the summary, the self-assuredness of your take on it is in fact THAT important that it should ignore all prior discussion on the topic. You’ve got the preeminent take, congrats 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It just so happens that Shane Buechele could hit the open market. Howell and Buechele? Throw in Fields and I may have a stroke. 

Would KC let Buechele go with Henne retiring? Doesn't this make him the only backup for Mahomes