Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

6 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I'm pretty meh on the hire. Until the sale is done, it's hard to get excited for anything. 

Same boat. Not high on it, but not low either. I am buoyed greatly in the fact that we didn't just have to settle for OC Zamp.

Furthermore I love what this hire represents financially. We opened the purse strings.

Even if we are acting on a likely budget, with first buying out Turner's contract and now paying up for EB we are clearly not in "spend as little as possible" mode, which is great.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Same boat. Not high on it, but not low either. I am buoyed greatly in the fact that we didn't just have to settle for OC Zamp.

Furthermore I love what this hire represents financially. We opened the purse strings.

Even if we are acting on a likely budget, with first buying out Turner's contract and now paying up for EB we are clearly not in "spend as little as possible" mode, which is great.

Think of it this way, with our WR's we're gonna have guys wide open all over the field, especially if we prioritize building the offensive line and get a legit TE. This hire should also make the defense better. Bienemy will get this offense going.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Good lord, I hope not...hoping the new owner focuses on who they want as the GM, and then lets them decide who should be coach.

New owner needs to take care of things like, where is the Stadium and how to get to his box. where is his office, where he can pickup a commanders hat? Take your congrad calls..... leave the team management, coaches alone this year. Don't do a Snyder . 

I hope Bienemy spending so much time meeting the current assistants on staff has been so that he can evaluate them, and not just to convince him that they’ll have to be enough for his purposes right now. That’s happened many times under Snyder as a money-saving maneuver.  I’d like to see what kind of staff he could build—he can’t offer the type of promotions to guys that teams are forced to allow, so with guys who are already on other coaching staffs around the league you’re kind of relying on the goodwill of those teams to release them from their obligations. Hopefully he has the freedom to pursue that—and hopefully he has the relationships around the league to enable it.

That’s probably why the presser isn’t until late next week. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

New owner needs to take care of things like, where is the Stadium and how to get to his box. where is his office, where he can pickup a commanders hat? Take your congrad calls..... leave the team management, coaches alone this year. Don't do a Snyder . 

Owners are usually in on GM hires. Plus, we don't have a team president on the football side of things.

Snyder came in, fired Casserly, and kept Norv...then inserted himself and Cerrato in as GM, and remained the de facto general manager for the next 17 years. That would be "doing a Snyder".

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Two weirdest perspectives/viewpoints/theories I read on twitter in all of this lol:

1. Guy blamed fans for showing excitement over the possibility of hiring Bieniemy for OC, because Snyder would see how excited we all are and would decide not to sell the team because of it.

2. When hearing that Snyder sent the private jet to take Jason Wright from California back to the east coast to meet Bieniemy (I guess they grew up in the same area), another guy on twitter thought it was Snyder trying to show the league owners he really has changed and is making good decisions in order to get their blessing in remaining owner.

Saints And Sinners Reaction GIF by Bounce

• Haha 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

On the opening play of the season I want us to ring-around-the-Rosie and then run a dive with Gibson. Just because that would be the most Ron Rivera thing of all time….

Hey now, that would be a great wrinkle to add to the spinning huddle. The second time we run it, the D will have to respect the run. Imagine the chaos.

• Haha 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Two weirdest perspectives/viewpoints/theories I read on twitter in all of this lol:

1. Guy blamed fans for showing excitement over the possibility of hiring Bieniemy for OC, because Snyder would see how excited we all are and would decide not to sell the team because of it.

2. When hearing that Snyder sent the private jet to take Jason Wright from California back to the east coast to meet Bieniemy (I guess they grew up in the same area), another guy on twitter thought it was Snyder trying to show the league owners he really has changed and is making good decisions in order to get their blessing in remaining owner.

Saints And Sinners Reaction GIF by Bounce

id like an owner that could get us into a state of the art stadium and practice facilities...find a superb gm and then get out of the way. If thats Snyder I dont care..doubt its possible but i wouldnt care

• Like 2