Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

12 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I'd be fine with a bigger shake-up down the ranks of O coaches regardless of who is the OC. What we got aint exactly working like a well oiled machine.

Only ones I have any real attachment to are Jordan and Matsko. I'd actually be happy to see a specific coupe of those other guys let go.

Gotta be able to fill those spots back up tho, and we are getting late in the cycle.

I have never get the Matsko is a great coach thing? The OL has been a weak link for the team. You would be hard to find a team and it's quarterbacks taken more of a beating than here. It's been this way for years and has not gotten any better since he has was hired.  Cosmi has not developed in Pass protection, who has developed in the Pass game?  Howell needs to be protected!  Blaming everything on the QB's is the norm, but no matter who comes here it is the same old thing.  Good run blocking coach but way below average Pass block coach and needs to be looked at by the new OC.  

1 minute ago, skinsfan66 said:

I have never get the Matsko is a great coach thing? The OL has been a weak link for the team. You would be hard to find a team and it's quarterbacks taken more of a beating than here. It's been this way for years and has not gotten any better since he has was hired.  Cosmi has not developed in Pass protection, who has developed in the Pass game?  Howell needs to be protected!  Blaming everything on the QB's is the norm, but no matter who comes here it is the same old thing.  Good run blocking coach but way below average Pass block coach and needs to be looked at by the new OC.  

I think the OL overachieved in 2020 and 2021 and Matsko deserves credit for that. But you can't create chicken salad from chicken doo doo and that's essentially what Matsko had to work with this past year.

I don't think he's some kind of godsend OL coach or anything but I think he's fine and like just about every coach needs some talent to work with.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If that is the case, he could do that on a team that isn't bottom of the NFL with so many legal allegations going on and oh yeah, also unsure who the owner will be in a few months.

Well, in theory you may be right but teams haven't lined up trying to interview him. Only one team is in on Bienemy and they're meeting with him now.

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think the OL overachieved in 2020 and 2021 and Matsko deserves credit for that. But you can't create chicken salad from chicken doo doo and that's essentially what Matsko had to work with this past year.

I don't think he's some kind of godsend OL coach or anything but I think he's fine and like just about every coach needs some talent to work with.

Agree.

He's made lemons out of lemonade the first two years -- dudes overacheived here compared to other destinations and they seemed to not lose a beat even when starters went down.

But they took the lets make lemons out of lemonade too far this off season and couple that with the centers out for the season again, that it was too much to overcome.

• Like 1

Are we going to use the EB initials when we talk about him or ESWB initials for his full name? When he was a player in the early 90s Chris Berman had the nickname of Eric Sleeping With Bieniemy for him. It was a play on the Julia Roberts movie Sleeping with the Enemy. One of the best nicknames Boomer ever came up with. 😂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watching that below and listening to beat guys talk about this dude and Turner.  I get the vibe that Turner apparently had zero motivational skills and brought almost no energy or personality to that unit.  Contrast that to this. It wouldn't just be a more inventive offense in all likelihood but a total mindset reset.  

Mahomes jokes about how Bieniemy keeps everyone accountable and he said that in a good way.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 9
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Are we going to use the EB initials when we talk about him or ESWB initials for his full name? When he was a player in the early 90s Chris Berman had the nickname of Eric Sleeping With Bieniemy for him. It was a play on the Julia Roberts movie Sleeping with the Enemy. One of the best nicknames Boomer ever came up with. 😂 

EB reminds me of Electronic Boutique.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Sorry, but count me as one of the ones who hated Berman's cheesy nicknames. Just one man's opinion. 🙃

• Like 4

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Brian Mitchell speculating like I've been that Bieniemy likely quizzing Rivera about the plan to improve the O line.

There are many things I question that are posted here at times... one of those is why there is even a thought the OC wouldn't ask about the OL. :ols:

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watching that below and listening to beat guys talk about this dude and Turner.  I get the vibe that Turner apparently had zero motivational skills and brought almost no energy or personality to that unit.  Contrast that to this. It wouldn't just be a more inventive offense in all likelihood but a total mindset reset.  

Mahomes jokes about how Bieniemy keeps everyone accountable and he said that in a good way.

Other words, Scott is basically his father's son.

• Like 1

Bieniemy isn’t a fool, even working w/Reid for all those years he knows it all starts up front, it also isn’t a coincidence that the Chiefs have 2 key FA OL this off season so he’s be nothing but dumb if he didn’t ask what Rivera & Co plan is to improve the OL… their FA plans and/or draft plans… 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There are many things I question that are posted here at times... one of those is why there is even a thought the OC wouldn't ask about the OL. :ols:

Of course.  But to take it a step further.  i'd put money that their pre-Bieniemy plan is we will address it all in the draft.  I am guessing as i said last night that Bieniemy is making the case that its foolish to overhaul a unit in an off season by the draft alone. 

i am spit balling on this but it seems intuitive to me that the dude coming from a winning organization is taken aback by that plan if that is indeed the plan and seeing if he can change it.

7 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Other words, Scott is basically his father's son.

Yeah.  I argued this in the off season when some pushed Scott Turner as a soon to be HC.  My rebuttal is Scott makes his dad look like the life of the party and he doesn't have a leader of men persona.  I think Norv had even more personality than Scott based on what I've seen and been hearing beat guys talk about him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1