Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

2 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

I believe not keeping Payne would open up another hole and only if you get fair value in a trade for draft picks.  Big free agents out of play this year.

I think there's a decent chance we're able to keep him. There are a lot of quality DTs available in FA this year.

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

Kansas City, the team that just got done winning its second Super Bowl with him as their offensive coordinator, didn't think to try and extend him at some point preceding this season?  The Ravens, one of the best ran clubs in the league, didn't even bother to interview this guy.  It's a lateral move for a guy who is being hired by a staff that is most likely (hopefully) gone between now and the start of next year's season.  Sorry, can't get excited for this.  We've seen this story before.

Dude's been talked about as a possible HC candidate for several years now. Both he and the Chefs probably wanted a short renewal to prevent a big contract from being an obstacle to him getting another OC job elsewhere so he could prove his chops as a play caller. He has his blemishes, shall we say, that make his ascending to HC something of a long shot, but I don't think anyone thinks he's not a good OC.

Edited by The Sisko

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Yes. We know. It’s the same as any other OC. 

Yeah this "point" people keep bringing up is weird.  Like he's the offensive coordinator, they're 5/6 of the offense and something like 20% of the entire 56-man roster, of course he's going to be *THE* guy when it comes to taking care of the line.

29 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Seems kind of weird that this team was the only one to interview him for an OC position this year...no?

Teams waited until after the Super Bowl.  Are you saying it's weird that Washington was the first to interview him?

Don't see anything weird, strange or even bizarre  about it.  But then again, I'm not trying to find something.

:229:The Rook

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Can anyone post an official tweet or statement from a real legitimate source (i.e., Keim, Schefter, Commanders) that officially states at this time that EB is our new OC 

No? Because it’s not official yet 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Seems kind of weird that this team was the only one to interview him for an OC position this year...no?

Everyone knows as soon as he gets an offer to be a HC he's gone. Who invests long term knowing that will be the case? We are alone in the fact that, leaving after a year is almost expected for our entire staff at this point. Also we have reached the point in the game where the fact that hes not hired is the problem. Which is stupid. 

Listened to a KC report who covered Bieniemy.  He was on Galdi's podcast.

A.  Thinks he will be a good coordinator, some of the turning point plays in the SB were plays designed by Bieniemy.

B.  The short term contract is how KC has rolled at times with their coordinators including Spags.  He believes Bieniemy wanted a short contract to move on for a new challenge after this season.

C.  He's a fun interview, very upbeat.  He's a good motivator.  

D.  Players love him.  If he had to say how it was different as to him versus Nagy and Pederson its that the KC players would kill for Bieniemy.  More love for the payers for Bieniemy compared to Nagy and Pederson.

E.  McCoy's criticism was about sour grapes.  KC benched him for his fumbles and he wasn't happy about it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

It is more than just one game you have to look at to see what Howell brings to the table. I am not hanging on to that one game but he showed more potential than any other QB on roster of 22. That is a hope I am willing to wait for. 

I didn’t mean to sound like I was disagreeing with you cause I’m actually 1 of the guys who actually likes what we have in Howell dating back to his time at NC…. Howell for all probability shouldn’t have been a 5th round pick but a lot higher at worse a 3rd imho…. A lot of my saying that is/was too myself cause it’s been along time since we’ve seen good QB and I don’t want to get my hope up too much lol ….

• Thumb up 1

59 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He’s not yet.

That's what I thought, KDawg.  A lot of people are putting tweets from unreliable sources out there it's a done deal.  People should do their homework on these sources before they post.

Edited by RWJ

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

That's what I thought, KDawg.  A lot of people are putting tweets from unreliable sources out there it's a done deal.  People should do their homework on these sources before they post.

There haven’t been any of those posted here imo, at least not in a misleading way. When it’s official that’ll be reported. People like Joe Banner and Chick Hernandez tweeting it’s a “done deal” are not saying he’s signed officially, they’re saying it’s going to happen. They aren’t pretending to report an official signing. Everyone knows the difference between those lay of the land type tweets and a big final  Keim/Schefter/Rapoport tweet imo. Those tweets just mean the word on the street is it’s looking good and likely happening. 

Edited by Conn

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

There haven’t been any of those posted here imo, at least not in a misleading way. When it’s official that’ll be reported. People like Joe Banner and Chick Hernandez tweeting it’s a “done deal” are not saying he’s signed officially, they’re saying it’s going to happen. They aren’t pretending to report an official signing. Everyone knows the difference between those lay of the land type tweets and a big final  Keim/Schefter/Rapoport tweet imo. Those tweets just mean the word on the street is it’s looking good and likely happening. 

I go back to my statement.  Word on the street as you say vs. Keim/Schefter.  HUGH difference.  It ain't official until it comes from one of them or the official Commander's site. IMO.  Go with what you want to go with, Conn.  

19 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Hope you've got a parachute for when you've been knocked off that ridiculous high horse.