Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

13 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Was this posted this morning? lol...if so, trying to see how anyone would know this.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

This tweet is crap.  It's an 11 hour old tweet and JJ Arcega-Whiteside Stan has 1720 followers.  File 13 it in the trash can. 

I just wondered the same thing lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Are u just regurgitating a tweet or have u watched the ravens play? They do nothing to make it move. Yes the put up a ton of points during Lamar’s big years and how have they done in the two years since… oh, we’ve scored more offensive TDs than them the past two years… 

The ravens offense has been average the past two years.

And now compare that to biennemy… I mean come on, the difference in ceilings isn’t even comparable.

We have not scored more TDs than the Ravens these past two seasons.  We’ve scored 67 TDs, Baltimore has scored 72. Why say that when you know it’s not true? And that includes Jackson missing the last 5 games this season where they scored 0.8 TDs/game. They scored 2.25 TDs/game in Lamar’s 12 starts. So even though they had the same amount of TDs as Washington in 2022, a healthy Jackson gets them another 7 TDs, realistically.

8 hours ago, MartinC said:

True. But if I’m interviewing for the job (and have options!) I want to understand what I am walking into and that I have an opportunity to be successful - so I’m absolutely asking what we intend to do about the O’Line during free agency. I’d be asking about the teams plans for the QB room as well - and be prepared with my views on both those subjects if the team turn those questions around and ask me what I think.

Absolutely. And if I were interviewing candidates I would ask them what their game plan would be to improve my teams situation. That would be through play calling, current player usage (as they should have knowledge of my teams current roster) and what players or type of players and positions might you look to upgrade or change to fit your (in this case) offensive scheme

7 minutes ago, Panninho said:

What sounded super unrealistic when Allbright reported it a couple of weeks ago seems to really go down. Would be a great hire. :)

Everything is aligning for this to happen. That’s rare for this franchise. Maybe it’s a sign of things to come?

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Everything is aligning for this to happen. That’s rare for this franchise. Maybe it’s a sign of things to come?

Of course it is! New owner, new era. I seriously doubt Andy Reid would have advised him to consider coming here if it weren’t for Snyder leaving. Very excited to see what EB can do. Also a little bit leery though, we have been fleeced before by Andy Reid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woodpecker said:

Of course it is! New owner, new era. I seriously doubt Andy Reid would have advised him to consider coming here if it weren’t for Snyder leaving. Very excited to see what EB can do. Also a little bit leery though, we have been fleeced before by Andy Reid.

What could possibly be considered a fleecing here?

We aren't trading for him. Our OC last year wasn't great. 

• Haha 1

Just now, KDawg said:

What could possibly be considered a fleecing here?

We aren't trading for him. Our OC last year wasn't great. 

Not a trade, but another instance where Andy is letting someone go and we seem to be the only taker. That’s all. Not really a big deal since I guess if it doesn’t work out we’re just going to clean house next year anyway. But we’ll be wishing we had Roman this year if that’s the case. 

• Like 1

I still don't understand why he would leave the Chiefs, a perennial winning organization with 2 recent Super Bowl trophies, with Patrick Mahomes, to come to this ****hole bottom of the barrel team, with the only quarterback on the roster being one who played in 1 meaningless game.  I just don't get it.  

This is one of the very few things I agree with EB (of the Junkies, not Bienemy) with.  It just doesn't seem logical.

They must be paying him A LOT of god damn money that is all I can think of.

59 minutes ago, Panninho said:

What sounded super unrealistic when Allbright reported it a couple of weeks ago seems to really go down. Would be a great hire. :)

Even crazier, Allbright first reported the rumor he’d heard about Bienemy to Washington (when nobody thought it was realistic at all) on January 10th. Props, he’s proved over and over again through the years that he’s connected on national stuff even as a broncos radio guy 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Not a trade, but another instance where Andy is letting someone go and we seem to be the only taker. That’s all. Not really a big deal since I guess if it doesn’t work out we’re just going to clean house next year anyway. But we’ll be wishing we had Roman this year if that’s the case. 

We weren't the only taker for Alex Smith.  I didn't love the deal at the time because of the roster match at the time.  but that went wrong because of the injury.

McNabb was a bad deal.

But even if i played along with the thought, Reid wasn't pals with Bruce Allen.  He's close friends with Rivera.  Heck when Rivera had all those cutouts of people during COVID in the stands of people supporting him during his cancer ordeal, Reid was one of those dudes.  

Doesn't mean Reid is right about Bieniemy, will see.  But the odds that Reid would shove Bieniemy at Rivera expecting it to go south -- i'd put the odds on that at zero.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I still don't understand why he would leave the Chiefs, a perennial winning organization with 2 recent Super Bowl trophies, with Patrick Mahomes, to come to this ****hole bottom of the barrel team, with the only quarterback on the roster being one who played in 1 meaningless game.  I just don't get it.  

This is one of the very few things I agree with EB (of the Junkies, not Bienemy) with.  It just doesn't seem logical.

It’s a unique situation, very weird. But it’s been explained a ton I know you’ve seen those posts. 

the other potentially collateral benefit from Bieniemy could be FA if they decide to partake.  For starters Bieiniemy as i stated yesterday might obnoxiously push for them to participate and maybe it makes a dent.

Agents said in interviews with Standig that Dan is a detriment for players to come here but Rivera is a plus.  Bieniemy might also be a plus.  There is some criticism on this thread about McCoy not digging him and his hard coaching style. 

But some clearly love it.  He's sort of become a national sports story considering the context of him not getting a job -- it wouldn't surprise me if some players would want to come here for him -- the wildcard is will Dan open the purse strings or the next owner telegraph that he wants them to partake in FA.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the other potentially collateral benefit from Bieniemy could be FA if they decide to partake.  For starters Bieiniemy as i stated yesterday might obnoxiously push for them to participate and maybe it makes a dent.

Agents said in interviews with Standig that Dan is a detriment for players to come here but Rivera is a plus.  Bieniemy might also be a plus.  There is some criticism on this thread about McCoy not digging him and his hard coaching style. 

But some clearly love it.  He's sort of become a national sports story considering the context of him not getting a job -- it wouldn't surprise me if some players would want to come here for him -- the wildcard is will Dan open the purse strings or the next owner telegraph that he wants them to partake in FA.

Definitely. Whereas with Roman, I don’t think he would’ve been nearly as big an attraction for FAs. And I do think we will sign free agents despite what some are saying about a spending freeze. No, we won’t make the big spend on a QB. But with other positions, such as OL, there is likely some flexibility to improve the team. Paying a little extra for EB would tend to indicate that there is not a complete spending freeze

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Supposedly.....he needs to get out from under the shadow of Andy Reid and prove that he's able to win on his own merit? That's the narrative I'm getting. He will get the chance to do that in Washington. 

• Like 2

One thing I'm curious about, has Snyder been involved in any of the OC interviews. Usually his name comes up when candidates are meeting with the team but all I've heard is that Rivera and other team officials are meeting with candidates. It seems to me like Dan has already checked out which is perfectly fine with me.

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Supposedly.....he needs to get out from under the shadow of Andy Reid and prove that he's able to win on his own merit? That's the narrative I'm getting. He will get the chance to do that in Washington. 

If that is the case, he could do that on a team that isn't bottom of the NFL with so many legal allegations going on and oh yeah, also unsure who the owner will be in a few months.

I’m wondering how close we are to an ownership announcement in conjunction with this. Seems like a strange hire with the turmoil here- if he’s taking this job to set himself up as a head coach, then the man has some serious balls. 
Would be amazing for our offense, so much untapped potential. 

18 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If that is the case, he could do that on a team that isn't bottom of the NFL with so many legal allegations going on and oh yeah, also unsure who the owner will be in a few months.

Most of the open OC jobs were filled right away. I think most teams just didn't have the patience to wait till after the Super Bowl or they truly have no faith in Bienemy's abilities as an OC.

I'm happy with the hire. Its high reward with basically no risk. I can't imagine him being worse than Scotty Turner and even if he is, so what? We end up sucking even more on offense? Its hard to be worse than what we've been and if it results in a high draft pick in a loaded QB class in 2024 then I'm fine. And if he gets our offense humming, we can win 10+ games and make a run in the NFC. 

• Like 2