Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

There are no good OCs. Your either elite, or garbag-io. At least in the eyes of fans

Another reason I like Lynn is his backround as a HC gives him a punchers chance to be an intern headcoach over Del Rio in the event this goes belly-up mid year.

I can't imagine some guy w/ no HC XP getting the nod over Jack as long as the D is performing well regardless of what the O is doing.

io

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

There are no good OCs. Your either elite, or garbag-io. At least in the eyes of fans

Another reason I like Lynn is his backround as a HC gives him a punchers chance to be an intern headcoach over Del Rio in the event this goes belly-up mid year.

I can't imagine some guy w/ no HC XP getting the nod over Jack as long as the D is performing well regardless of what the O is doing.

io

I think Lynn would be almost as underwhelming as Zampese, if he were to get the OC job.  On the other hand, he along with Shurmur might take the job, because they would be named interim coach if Ron gets fired mid way though next year.  I don't think Zampese would be named interim if he was the OC.  JDR would be the interim HC.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

io

Why would you want Lynn over JDR as an interim coach? JDR was at least relatively successful as a HC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Why would you want Lynn over JDR as an interim coach? JDR was at least relatively successful as a HC

A.) Not a fan of the baggage Del Rio brings. I would want to keep that to a minimum, can't do that w/ a promotion.

B.) While Del Rio has a much more extensive head coach resume, they have been about the same success-wise. Both have a 12-4 season under their belt. Both have 1 playoff win. Lynn has a winning HC record tho, and has been a HC much more recently.

• Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

A.) Not a fan of the baggage Del Rio brings. I would want to keep that to a minimum, can't do that w/ a promotion.

B.) While Del Rio has a much more extensive head coach resume, they have been about the same success-wise. Both have a 12-4 season under their belt. Both have 1 playoff win. Lynn has a winning HC record tho, and has been a HC much more recently.

What baggage would that be?

34 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

io

Why would we care at all who the interim HC is between guys like JDR and Lynn? If things are going so poorly as to necessitate a mid-season Rivera firing, at that point it’s tank central on the way to a new regime, give me the least experienced idiot possible 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But I think there is a fighting chance especially if they trade down that a TE might end up BPA -- and while I downplay the chances they take a TE  on the draft thread, I do think there is a dark horse shot they'd consider one.  And my point is if Roman ends up the coordinator, I'd pump up the dark horse chances especially in the 2nd round more than I do right now. 

It's a very good draft for TEs, unusually so IMO.

I wouldn't rule anything out at this point - and I LOVE Mayer as a prospect, I think he's a very safe pick who will be a very productive NFL player. High floor and a high ceiling type. Maybe lacks a bit of speed and ability to really challenge vertically up the seams. I think a 2nd round pick on someone like Washington (great blocker untapped as a receiver IMO) is more likely than a 1st on Mayer though.

14 minutes ago, Conn said:

give me the least experienced idiot possible 

I could be tempted by the right offer ...

24 minutes ago, Acworth skins fan said:

What baggage would that be?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34070358/washington-commanders-defensive-coordinator-jack-del-rio-fined-100000-comments-us-capitol-invasion-george-floyd-murder

Warning if anyone feels the need to start discussing the merits of said 'baggage' take it to the Tailgate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

Something bizarre is going on with Eric B. The way Reid is praising him -- it's like he wants someone to take him off his hands. One year lateral move? That makes no sense. 

And come on, look at our history. What are the odds of EB coming here, being a disaster, and  us looking back and saying "should have seen that coming"?

52 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

@HigSkin, I know how much both of us want EB.  This may be a tactic by RR and Co. to get an interview done quicker rather than later with EB so they can try to outbid and get him signed as our new OC.  I believe that RR really wants EB over every other candidate and it isn't even close. :) 

Edited by RWJ

28 minutes ago, RWJ said:

@HigSkin, I know how much both of us want EB.  This may be a tactic by RR and Co. to get an interview done quicker rather than later with EB so they can try to outbid and get him signed as our new OC.  I believe that RR really wants EB over every other candidate and it isn't even close. :) 

Assistant Head Coach/OC: Eric Bienemy?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Assistant Head Coach/OC: Eric Bienemy?

Pat Kirwan former NFL GM, was talking earlier on Sirius radio about Bienemy moving on and said that Bienemy is a very direct coach who demands a lot out of his players. He said Bienemy would be great for Kyrie Murray out in Arizona if he were to go there. Didn't say anything about how he'd be here but he seems to like and respect Bienemy. 

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Something bizarre is going on with Eric B. The way Reid is praising him -- it's like he wants someone to take him off his hands. One year lateral move? That makes no sense. 

And come on, look at our history. What are the odds of EB coming here, being a disaster, and  us looking back and saying "should have seen that coming"?

I think Reid is just trying to do his guy a solid and get him more legitimate head coaching opportunities. If he wanted to get rid of him he could just straight fire him at any time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Could be but could also be they are doing their due diligence on all available options.  There's certainly more coaches than job openings.  I wondered since we haven't heard much activity about Roman if maybe RR is doing him a favor.  Who knows but hopefully this gets decided this week.  🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Could be but could also be they are doing their due diligence on all available options.  There's certainly more coaches than job openings.  I wondered since we haven't heard much activity about Roman if maybe RR is doing him a favor.  Who knows but hopefully this gets decided this week.  🙂

Great point about possibly it being doing Roman a favor.  The reason could be both!  What you posted and what I am thinking.  :)  

• Like 1

Jesus xmas how long is the search going to go. This feels like one of the least desirable jobs out there, given the Payton rumors, the new ownership, no one with a decent track record wants to touch this job with a flag pole even with decent weapons at WR and RB. I feel like Riverboat Ron is gonna have to get someone unproven, little to no attachments but eager to get something on the resume even if this a 1 and done gig..