Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

I don't understand the logic in coming here if you're Bienemy.  He knows the team could be sold any day know and the staff is going to be on the hotseat next year.

Regardless of what the rest of the league thinks about Bienemy its obvious that  Andy likes and respects him so it just doesn't add up, you don't send your buddy to the worst coaching opportunity in the league.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are being used for leverage, otherwise I don't get it.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't understand the logic in coming here if you're Bienemy.  He knows the team could be sold any day know and the staff is going to be on the hotseat next year.

Regardless of what the rest of the league thinks about Bienemy its obvious that  Andy likes and respects him so it just doesn't add up, you don't send your buddy to the worst coaching opportunity in the league.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are being used for leverage, otherwise I don't get it.

The only other thought I have is he isn't getting promotion calls because other teams think Reid/Mahomes is the prime reason for his success.   

Showing out with Washington, a team that hasn't been doing well would answer those questions.   A team that has several decent weapons and should have a strong focus on OL to support the biggest concerns. 

If his goal is HC and he can prove he can do without Reid, than he probably only wants one year anyway.

Not saying it's the likeliest answer, but best case for him he crushes things and gets promotion.   Worst case it goes poorly and he can likely point to washington dysfunction for at least another oc shot.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Bienemy is out of KC because the players (Mahomes) don't like him. Guy seems like a post turtle to me. Doesn't call plays, but is successful between Reid and Mahomes.

Hard pass on him.

Where did you hear this?

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't know "slow mailmen" if that's a thing. Post turtle is in reference to someone of authority that didn't earn it and nobody knows how he got there.

Thx for the info

Slow mailman was the only way I could decipher post turtle. Off by a county mile it seems.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim this morning on his podcast, his gut is its Shurmur or Bienemy. 

I'd take Shurmur then. I want an experienced playcaller whom the players will like/respect. 

The locker room practically mutinied over Turner. They'd despise BIenemy. 

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd take Shurmur then. I want an experienced playcaller whom the players will like/respect. 

The "locker room"?  I am not doubting it but on my research on him I didn't find that, I guessed I missed an article.

Why would the locker room mutiny at Bieniemy, who is reportedly the polar opposite of Scott Turner's personality? I would rather have Shurmur just for his track record with young QBs or Zampese for the slightest bit of continuity, but I see no reason for the players to dislike Bieniemy.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The "locker room"?  I am not doubting it but on my research on him I didn't find that, I guessed I missed an article.

There were reports about players grumbling over Turner. Heck I think McLaurin even liked one of those posts on twitter and if Terry freakin McLaurin doesn't like you then you know you've effed up.

Just now, NickyJ said:

Why would the locker room mutiny at Bieniemy, who is reportedly the polar opposite of Scott Turner's personality? I would rather have Shurmur just for his track record with young QBs or Zampese for the slightest bit of continuity, but I see no reason for the players to dislike Bieniemy.

Bienemy has a really poor track record with player interactions. Shady McCoy didn't like him and he's had altercations on the sidelines with Mahomes.

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bienemy has a really poor track record with player interactions. Shady McCoy didn't like him and he's had altercations on the sidelines with Mahomes.

Is that really all it would take for the team to mutiny? One player with the team for a single year didn't like him, and he had games where he didn't high-five Mahomes? That overrules 5 years of owning an AFC conference championship slot?

I question whether Bieniemy has skeletons in the closet, but I think you should cut the man a little slack for having a personality on the sideline.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I posted a video about it on the previous page.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I posted a video about it on the previous page.

Which previous page? I looked through the last 5 pages, but the only two things I saw you post were that Lynn is Norvesque and meh.

Edit: Never mind, found it on this page.

Edited by NickyJ

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Which previous page? I looked through the last 5 pages, but the only two things I saw you post were that Lynn is Norvesque and meh.

Edit: Never mind, found it on this page.

I just went looking in every other thread thinking I was crazy haha.

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There were reports about players grumbling over Turner. Heck I think McLaurin even liked one of those posts on twitter and if Terry freakin McLaurin doesn't like you then you know you've effed up.

Shady McCoy isn't exactly a model citizen so I wouldn't give too much credence to his opinion. 

Doesn't mean Bienemy isn't well liked but Shady McCoy has a history of being a bad dude of his own. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Reid quickly threw cold water on McCoy's comments, and basically said something like Bieniemy treats all the players the same, no matter your status and that rubs some guys the wrong way because they're accustomed to certain kinds of treatment based on who they are.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-andy-reid-responds-to-lesean-mccoys-criticism-of-eric-bieniemy-calls-ocs-coaching-style-a-strength/

Edited by skinzplay
Found a link
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1