Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Federal agents see chargeable tax, gun-purchase case against Hunter Biden

Cooked Crack

In general, I am not inclined to think any nefarious on the judges part.  In fact, she may be taking this 30 days to not rubber stamp this so no one can accuse her of being political.  From what I read, the plea agreement puts some enforcement in her hands that she indicates is novel... probably due to the political nature of the case.  And I don't know why pleading guilty to tax charges means they won't pursue the gun charges... ohhh looks like it was deals for both, except he gets "diversion" for the gun charge. 

Judge in Hunter Biden case bans attorneys from calling clerk after bizarre accusations

The federal judge overseeing Hunter Biden’s federal criminal case on Friday ordered attorneys to raise issues with her chambers, not the court clerk, after bizarre accusations of impersonation.

U.S. District Judge Maryellen Noreika earlier in the week threatened sanctions, accusing an employee at a law firm representing Biden of apparently misrepresenting their identity to the clerk’s office during a phone call.

Biden’s legal team has insisted it is all a misunderstanding. The employee submitted under penalty of perjury that they did not deceive anyone, suggesting the clerk’s office perhaps instead made a mistake.

Noreika, a Trump appointee, ordered on Friday that “any issues or inquiries” in the case “shall be brought to my attention and not to the Clerk’s Office.”

“The Clerk’s Office for this Court is staffed by many hardworking and dedicated employees,” she wrote. “They are often the public face of this Court and must address many different, and often difficult, issues on any given day. Their jobs are not always easy, but they do these jobs well. They have earned my trust and my respect. I will not tolerate or countenance them being ill-used, disrespected or lied to.”

The unusual developments arose out of a last-minute attempt by a House committee chairman to block Biden’s plea agreement ahead of a Wednesday hearing.

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Jason Smith (R-Mo.) filed documents urging the judge to consider recent testimony to Congress by IRS whistleblowers, who alleged Biden received preferential treatment, before accepting the deal.

Noreika ultimately delayed approval of Biden’s plea deal at the hearing, a sudden twist that saw the judge questioning the agreement on other grounds.

Click on the link for the full article

17 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Moving on…

MAGAs: "All of that hard evidence against Trump in his 40 federal felony indictments is BS!"

Also MAGAs: "Joe Biden talked to someone who knew someone who was in business with his son? OMG SMOKING GUN! LOCK HIM UP!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

They didn't want the testimony to be public because putting out a summary without even a transcript was their only option. To have this guy on TV say "Yeah, Hunter who nobody is defending, called his father during a dinner and putting him on speaker phone. But Biden didn't know who was there, and business wasn't discussed any time I was there."

So, you get Ben Shapiro and Mollie Hemingway screaming into the echo chamber "BOMBSHELL!" without a single quote from this Archer guy.

outside of Fox and Newsmax where they won't ask. Anytime you have one of these guys on news pushing this, the question should simply "Will you release the entire transcript today" and  "Why not?"

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

They didn't want the testimony to be public because putting out a summary without even a transcript was their only option. To have this guy on TV say "Yeah, Hunter who nobody is defending, called his father during a dinner and putting him on speaker phone. But Biden didn't know who was there, and business wasn't discussed any time I was there."

So, you get Ben Shapiro and Mollie Hemingway screaming into the echo chamber "BOMBSHELL!" without a single quote from this Archer guy.

outside of Fox and Newsmax where they won't ask. Anytime you have one of these guys on news pushing this, the question should simply "Will you release the entire transcript today" and  "Why not?"

• Thumb up 1

The truth is that Hunter Biden traded and profited from his father's position.  It's likely Joe knew what was going on.  I think it is an ethical grey area.  I watched the 12 minute Tucker Carlson piece with Devon Archer.  Hunter tranformed his job/company from lobbying to "strategic advisory" and "investment".  What is "strategic advisory"?  Providing companies insight into Federal regulatory environment.  Devon basically said (paraphrasing) "Hunter knew a lot of people in DC and the basis of the firm was that he would help them with regulatory issues because he knew the regulators."

Maybe it's a BS company.  Maybe he really didn't have much influence.  Maybe his services weren't really all they touted themselves to be. To me it sounds like "Dear company, are you trying to do major business in Washington DC? Wondering where to start?  My name is Hunter Biden.  I am the son of Joe Biden and I can help you. I have a long track record of happy customers -- I have been a successful lobbyist in DC.  Pay my firm and you'll have the right connections in DC."  I personally have no idea how much weight that could hold.  But who knows what a company could be sold on.  

There is a gap to me between saying "Joe Biden sold his influence" and "Hunter Biden sold his influence".  But I am not a typical voter.  It could be enough to convince other voters that "Joe Biden sold his influence."  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

‘…And then I knocked out a couple chapters of Mein Kampf and cued up my Birth of a Nation DVD”

That's a low blow... 

Was curious what Devon Archer was going to say... (maybe him Hunter and Tucker have been friendly before... who knows). 

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Devon basically said (paraphrasing) "Hunter knew a lot of people in DC and the basis of the firm was that he would help them with regulatory issues because he knew the regulators."

LOL, EVERYONE ON K STREET DOES THIS.  I am literally doing this right now, it is my job to help companies with their regulatory issues, and since I do it all the time, I know many of the regulators.  I am literally going to a conference next week in Baltimore to schmooze regulators.  https://aarmr.org/annual-conference.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

LOL, EVERYONE ON K STREET DOES THIS.  I am literally doing this right now, it is my job to help companies with their regulatory issues, and since I do it all the time, I know many of the regulators.  I am literally going to a conference next week in Baltimore to schmooze regulators.  https://aarmr.org/annual-conference.  

And it's so cynical that the GOP is shocked, SHOCKED that Hunter Biden was cashing in on his last name.  Former members of Congress do that ALL the time.  Families of congresspeople sell influence.  Ginni Thomas suckled at that teat.  

They still haven't implicated Joe Biden in any bribery or influence peddling.  The move to oust that Ukrainian prosecutor - which they've been bleating about since the first Trump impeachment - followed the official positions of both the U.S. government and NATO allies.  That wasn't Biden going rogue.  This rehashing of old, discredited allegations is largely a smokescreen to appease Trump's MAGA morons.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Let me know if you want to get a drink......or smoke.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Let me know if you want to get a drink......or smoke.

I’ll be in BMore next Wed/Thurs visiting friends and catching an Os/Stros game.

• Like 2

Read the whole 140 page transcript from Devon Archer interview.  We used to have the term "spin" -- I think the way things are now it's beyond "spin" and people just say whatever truth they want to say and "pretend".

Joe Biden spoke to Hunter Biden a lot.  Sometimes Hunter Biden was doing business.  Hunter Biden sold the ability to navigate DC and sold the illusion he could use the Biden "brand".  Companies bought into it.  Archer was a finance guy... and knew how to raise capital. Particularly international capital.  Sure, they were board members but they did work for the company too.  

There's nothing new here that the Senate didn't find in their report from 2020...

21 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I’ll be in BMore next Wed/Thurs visiting friends and catching an Os/Stros game.

21 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'll be at the game on the 9th.

I'm still figuring out my arrival time, but will update. Could grab a drink after I arrive but before I have to be a the reception (which starts at 6:30). 

Edit:  Oh look, Hunter Biden bringing people together.  CORRUPTION!!!!! LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm still figuring out my arrival time, but will update. Could grab a drink after I arrive but before I have to be a the reception (which starts at 6:30). 

Edit:  Oh look, Hunter Biden bringing people together.  CORRUPTION!!!!! LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP. 

My availability as always depends on how my legs are feeling. 

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My availability as always depends on how my legs are feeling. 

and @TradeTheBeal!

I'll arrive at Baltimore Penn Station at 5:30 and will have an hour to kill before I need to be at the Oceanaire near the Inner Harbor.  So conceivable could meet up anywhere in the Inner Harbor at 5:40 or so.