Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Federal agents see chargeable tax, gun-purchase case against Hunter Biden

Cooked Crack

So wait, I haven’t paid the closest attention to the Hunter stuff. But has it gone like this?:

Hunter is using his father’s position as VP to make money from other countries (hasn’t been proven or charged)

Hunter is a pedophile and we have proof (no proof has been provided)

We found his laptop! (Which disappeared multiple times over the years and then somehow had pics released from it that once again proved much of nothing except it turned on the conservatives to release his personal nude photos?)

Now Hunter has 2 minor tax evasions (which he paid back to the IRS)

Hunter had an illegal gun! (Gun laws don’t work because the bad guys will still get guns! We don’t need gun laws! It is your right to carry!)

is that about it? I’m being serious. Is there something I am missing? 

11 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

So wait, I haven’t paid the closest attention to the Hunter stuff. But has it gone like this?:

Hunter is using his father’s position as VP to make money from other countries (hasn’t been proven or charged)

Hunter is a pedophile and we have proof (no proof has been provided)

We found his laptop! (Which disappeared multiple times over the years and then somehow had pics released from it that once again proved much of nothing except it turned on the conservatives to release his personal nude photos?)

Now Hunter has 2 minor tax evasions (which he paid back to the IRS)

Hunter had an illegal gun! (Gun laws don’t work because the bad guys will still get guns! We don’t need gun laws! It is your right to carry!)

is that about it? I’m being serious. Is there something I am missing? 

There are suggestions in some of his messages that he was kicking money back to his dad.

And that threats associated with knowing his father helped him grow his business.

Biden had denied.

And even if he was there, not sure what the problem really would have been as he wasn't in office at the time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/28/biden-denies-role-hunter-biden-chinese-executive.html

• Thanks 1

I can't follow the issue here.  This person is low on the chain.  They are upset with decisions made above their chain of authority.  A case against a political candidate's child is very unusual.   This happened under Trump and then Biden too -- although it seems the AUSA nominated by Trump is getting more heat. 

Maybe it is the AUSA lying that uspets the whistleblower -- the case had some jurisdictional issues between California, DC and Delaware.  Seems like there are also issues between DoJ and IRS looking at the case (in general).  IRS acts like, "we give them slam dunk cases, but DoJ declines to pursue on 90% of them".  

Edit to add: I made it through half of the whistleblower transcript.  The majority goes off the record at some places too.

Edited by Fergasun
transcript info

Read the other transcript of the agent.  Previous one was the supervisor -- the lead agent has not been identified (I wonder if that is because he has made political donations?).  

He did indicate there were concerns over 2014 and 2015 filings due to Beau Biden's death that would make Hunter appear sympathetic to a jury.  Furthermore, when asked about other cases and leaks he mentioned the Trumps document case amount of leaks.  I took the question to means similar Criminal IRS cases.  

The GOP counsels asked a ton of leading questions regarding Biden getting special treatment in Delaware as they are considered "royalty".  I focussed on the minority counsel -- there were about 6 or 7 layers of leadersship betwern top IRS officials and this level.  It seems obvious that lower level IRS employees are more confident in their cases.  

They also indicated they couldn't interview certain witnesses and than said that 60 people were interviewed.  

Seems like the issue the IRS agents have is:

(1) Tax Year 2014 and 2015 were not pursued

(2) DoJ made different decision on prosecuting the cases. 

(3) There was an effort to not politicize this related to the 2020 and 2022 elections.  This worked in Joe Biden's favor. 

Again, I don't understand the issue.  I see nothing about corruption and bribery. What policy was being influenced?  They seem to be careful not to impugn lobbying / lobbyists,  but the unspoken implication is that lobbying is inherently corrupt 

• Thanks 2

I did want to clarify my post above.  The claim that Hunter was kicking money back to Joe (based on messages sent by Hunter) include years that Joe was in office and would also potentially be subject to tax evasion laws as from I know there doesn't appear to be such income on Joe's tax returns.  So there could be larger legal and ethical issues.

The message where Hunter is using his father to threaten the Chinese guy is when Joe is a private citizen.

• Thanks 1

Hunter Biden attorney says WhatsApp message cited by Republicans is fake

An attorney for Hunter Biden says purported screenshots of a text message from Hunter Biden to a potential Chinese business partner where he refers to Joe Biden — a message that has been the subject of intense scrutiny following statements made by an IRS whistleblower — are “not real and contain myriad of issues.”

Abbe Lowell, who is one of Hunter Biden’s attorneys, made the statement in a letter to Rep. Jason Smith, R-Mo., chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, which has interviewed the whistleblowers. The letter was obtained by NBC News. 

IRS Supervisory Special Agent Gary Shapley told the committee under oath that, as an investigator for the IRS, he obtained messages Hunter Biden sent on the WhatsApp platform, including one in 2017 that he read demanding payment from a Chinese businessman named Henry Zhao.

In the message, Shapley said, Biden appeared to suggest that he was sitting with his father, then the former vice president, saying, “I will make certain that between the man sitting next to me and every person he knows and my ability to forever hold a grudge that you will regret not following my direction.”

Attorneys for Shapley said in a statement, “Biden family lawyers have resorted to intimidation before — reportedly threatening federal prosecutors with “career suicide” if they charged Hunter Biden — so this attempt to intimidate our client and the oversight authorities scrutinizing the politicization of that case is no surprise.”

Lowell writes that the screenshots of the message as tweeted by Smith, “both include a photo of Mr. Biden not from 2017 but from the White House Easter Egg roll in April 2022 (long after the purported message was sent); both images portray the message in a blue bubble, when WhatsApp messages are in green; one image super-imposed the Chinese flag for the contact ID, when surely that was not how a text or contact was kept; and one purports to be a screenshot with the '. . .' of someone composing a text (as in Apple’s iMessage) when that does not happen on WhatsApp.”

He writes, “In short, the images you circulated online are complete fakes.”

Click on the link for th full article

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trump Blasts Prosecutor He Appointed for Not Giving Hunter Biden ‘Death Sentence’

Donald Trump is once again mad online, this time because a federal prosecutor he appointed struck a plea deal with Hunter Biden that didn’t involved the president’s son being put to death.

“Weiss is a COWARD, a smaller version of Bill Barr, who never had the courage to do what everyone knows should have been done,” the former president wrote of U.S. Attorney David Weiss. “He gave out a traffic ticket instead of a death sentence. Because of the two Democrat Senators in Delaware, they got to choose and/or approve him. Maybe the judge presiding will have the courage and intellect to break up this cesspool of crime. The collusion and corruption is beyond description. TWO TIERS OF JUSTICE!”

Biden pleaded guilty last month to two misdemeanor tax charges. Trump was furious at the time, writing that the “corrupt Biden DOJ just cleared up hundreds of years of criminal liability by giving Hunter Biden a mere ‘traffic ticket.'” Republicans echoed his outrage railing that the “slap on the wrist,” as House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer put it, was part of a Democratic conspiracy to let Biden off the hook for more serious crimes.

Comer and his cronies have been desperately trying to dredge up evidence that the Biden and his son are guilty of said more serious crimes — to no avail. In fact, the “whistleblower” Republicans have been propping up as the lynchpin to their claims that the Bidens carried out an illegal bribery scheme has been brought up on charges related to trafficking weapons and aiding the Chinese government without registering as a foreign agent. Comer has described the informant as a “credible source.”

Comer and other Republicans have responded to the indictment’s release on Monday by pushing more conspiracies, specifically that the Justice Department is targeting the informant to protect the Bidens. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2023 at 1:07 PM, China said:

An attorney for Hunter Biden says purported screenshots of a text message from Hunter Biden to a potential Chinese business partner where he refers to Joe Biden — a message that has been the subject of intense scrutiny following statements made by an IRS whistleblower — are “not real and contain myriad of issues.”

That's interesting because Chris Clarke ( I guess another one of his attorneys), said they were real.

Fwiw it was screenshots of a whatsapp message, not a text.

Additionally, Clark's quote was, as follows,

"Any verifiable words or actions of my client, in the midst of a horrible addiction, are solely his own and have no connection to anyone in his family."

Clark also said,

"A close examination of the document released publicly yesterday by a very biased individual raises serious questions over whether it is what he claims to be."

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Source? As of three weeks ago Clarke was still casting doubt on the authenticity of the whatsapp message. 

I guess the same one Evil Genius used.

Chris Clark, Hunter Biden’s lawyer, released a statement on Friday in response to IRS whistleblower testimony released by Congressional Republicans on Thursday that included a WhatsApp text .

Clark’s claimed that the text was while Hunter Biden was addicted to hard drugs and they were “solely his own” and not connected to his father, President Joe Biden.

3 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

So that's a no.

It's ok I know that your "source" is in fact Breitbart. The article being circulated is full of speculation but not so much on evidence. 🤭

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/26/biden-attorney-chris-clark-admits-whatsapp-text-hunters/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Yeah, bull****.

7 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

So that's a no.

It's ok I know that your "source" is in fact Breitbart. The article being circulated is full of speculation but not so much on evidence. 🤭

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/26/biden-attorney-chris-clark-admits-whatsapp-text-hunters/

Thank you.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

So that's a no.

Never been to Breitbart.

But, this doesn't sound like Clark is saying it's fake.

The DOJ investigation covered a period which was a time of turmoil and addiction for my client,” he wrote. “Any verifiable words or actions of my client in the midst of a horrible addiction are solely his own and have no connection to anyone in his family.”

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Haha 1

Hunter Biden: Plea deal for president's son collapses in dramatic court hearing

An agreement expected to see US President Joe Biden's son, Hunter, plead guilty to tax charges and admit a gun offence has dramatically fallen apart in court.

The plea deal, negotiated over several weeks, was likely to spare the younger Mr Biden prison time.

But a judge on Wednesday said she could not "rubber stamp the agreement".

The case marks the first time the justice department has charged the child of a sitting president.

Hunter Biden's lawyers have been given 14 days to hash out a new deal with the prosecution.

It follows a five-year investigation into the finances of the US first son, who arrived on Wednesday morning at the court in Wilmington, Delaware.

In a plea agreement announced last month, he was to be charged with two misdemeanour counts for failing to pay his taxes on time in 2017 and 2018.

He was also to admit that he had illegally possessed a gun while being a drug user, and agree to drug treatment and monitoring in lieu of a more serious felony charge and possible jail time.

But during the three-hour hearing, US District Court Judge Maryellen Noreika questioned whether the deal would also provide Hunter Biden with immunity from crimes he could be found liable for in the future.

She said the agreement contained "non-standard terms" and its proposed resolution for the gun possession offence was "unusual".

Officials with the justice department are still investigating whether Hunter Biden violated federal laws that required him to register as a foreign agent while working in China and Ukraine during his father's vice-presidency, CNN reported.

5 hours ago, China said:

Hunter Biden: Plea deal for president's son collapses in dramatic court hearing

An agreement expected to see US President Joe Biden's son, Hunter, plead guilty to tax charges and admit a gun offence has dramatically fallen apart in court.

The plea deal, negotiated over several weeks, was likely to spare the younger Mr Biden prison time.

But a judge on Wednesday said she could not "rubber stamp the agreement".

The case marks the first time the justice department has charged the child of a sitting president.

Hunter Biden's lawyers have been given 14 days to hash out a new deal with the prosecution.

It follows a five-year investigation into the finances of the US first son, who arrived on Wednesday morning at the court in Wilmington, Delaware.

In a plea agreement announced last month, he was to be charged with two misdemeanour counts for failing to pay his taxes on time in 2017 and 2018.

He was also to admit that he had illegally possessed a gun while being a drug user, and agree to drug treatment and monitoring in lieu of a more serious felony charge and possible jail time.

But during the three-hour hearing, US District Court Judge Maryellen Noreika questioned whether the deal would also provide Hunter Biden with immunity from crimes he could be found liable for in the future.

She said the agreement contained "non-standard terms" and its proposed resolution for the gun possession offence was "unusual".

Officials with the justice department are still investigating whether Hunter Biden violated federal laws that required him to register as a foreign agent while working in China and Ukraine during his father's vice-presidency, CNN reported.

Why aren't they investigating Ivanka for being a foreign agent when she got boatloads of trademarks from China when she was an advisor to her daddy? And her husband Jared after he got $2 billion from the Saudis? 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Thanks 2