Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Federal agents see chargeable tax, gun-purchase case against Hunter Biden

Cooked Crack

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

and @TradeTheBeal!

I'll arrive at Baltimore Penn Station at 5:30 and will have an hour to kill before I need to be at the Oceanaire near the Inner Harbor.  So conceivable could meet up anywhere in the Inner Harbor at 5:40 or so. 

On the 9th?  Wednesday happy hour at the Oceannaire sounds pretty solid to me.  They have a big bar at that location.

Edit:  Make that “Admiral’s Hour” until 6:30 with $5 Stella’s and $8 Calamari!

Edited by TradeTheBeal!

As someone who doesn't fully understand the Hunter charges/issues that well, can someone tl:dr how it's different than what the Trump kids did from 2017-2021? Not that Im saying either would be ethical or legal, I'm just curious if we are going to be seeing follow-up charges against them as well. 

I should note that I understand the gun charge and I am surprised (not really) the conservatives aren't defending him. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

26 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

On the 9th?  Wednesday happy hour at the Oceannaire sounds pretty solid to me.  They have a big bar at that location.

Edit:  Make that “Admiral’s Hour” until 6:30 with $5 Stella’s and $8 Calamari!

My firm's reception is at the Oceanaire, so I can't go there until I want to be on the clock.  I'm suggesting somewhere nearby. 

Possibly:  https://lochbar.com/baltimore/

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Maybe they shouldn’t have tried to make a deal and let Hunter serve time.  Joe can say, I love my son but he was found guilty and he must accept whatever punishment.

Deals are part of the legal process. Why should Hunter Biden be any different. 

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Maybe they shouldn’t have tried to make a deal and let Hunter serve time.  Joe can say, I love my son but he was found guilty and he must accept whatever punishment.

First, Hunter hasn't been found guilty, he's said he's willing to plead guilty under certain terms.  He is currently pleading not guilty.  Jeez man, do you not know how any of this works?

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

As someone who doesn't fully understand the Hunter charges/issues that well, can someone tl:dr how it's different than what the Trump kids did from 2017-2021? Not that Im saying either would be ethical or legal, I'm just curious if we are going to be seeing follow-up charges against them as well. 

I should note that I understand the gun charge and I am surprised (not really) the conservatives aren't defending him. 

Hunter is shady who used his Dad's last name to get jobs he wasn't qualified for. It seems he made it sound like having that name attached to businesses would help. However, nobody has any instances when he actually used his Dad to get anything pushed through. At very most, he wanted to look like a big shot by calling his Father at dinners and put him on speaker phone. But as the GOP star witness said, and they won't dare repeat. It was never to talk actual business. Rather, it was small talk as far as he heard.

The Trump family? The grey areas between their businesses, "charities", and foreign governments probably could be it's own thread. It's not like they had a hotel in DC that other countries spent a lot of money at...... or that they charged the secret service x times more to stay there while protecting that family. 

• Thanks 1

I am not even convinced Hunter wasn't qualified for those jobs.  People who graduate Yale Law are idiots? Seems like he had his own "K street lobbying firm".  Based on the Archer testimony, Hunter seemed the believe in Burisma as a going concern as a bulwark against Russia. 

These people operate in a world we can't understand.  They were paid $1M per year to assist Burisma as board members... meaning Hunter and Devon Archer.  

Also, the Committee was referencing the correspondence on the laptop, but Archer amd his law team went out of their way to stipulate they do not authenticate the emails.  The minority committee made it a point to reference that exhibits came from a hard drive they don't possess.  

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I am not even convinced Hunter wasn't qualified for those jobs.  People who graduate Yale Law are idiots?

Possibly. Last names can cover up a lot of shortcomings. RFK Jr has degrees from Harvard, UVA law school, and London School of Economics. I consider him an idiot. I don’t know if Hunter is an idiot. He’s definitely a dirtbag at the very least.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2

Ironically, the same group of people that want Hunter sent to prison are the same people who moved the acceptable standard of conduct for politicians and their associates from "even shady is not acceptable" to "it's fine if you've been indicted and charged with 78 felonies (with more likely on the way), we don't care."

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I don't think you have to have much in terms of "qualifications" in order to be a successful K street lobbyist or "wheel greaser"

I'm guessing 90% of the people on K street have mostly the exact same qualifications as Hunter Biden: they know people high up in government.

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't think you have to have much in terms of "qualifications" in order to be a successful K street lobbyist or "wheel greaser"

I'm guessing 90% of the people on K street have mostly the exact same qualifications as Hunter Biden: they know people high up in government.

Most of those people worked in Congress for a while, but yea, personal relationships over anything else. 

That’s not to say that the ability to cultivate, manage and exploit personal relationships isn’t a hugely valuable skill. It is. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

U.S. Attorney Investigating Hunter Biden Is Made a Special Counsel

Attorney General Merrick B. Garland on Friday elevated the prosecutor investigating President Biden’s son Hunter to special counsel status, signaling that the inquiry had entered a new stage and setting up the possibility that the 2024 presidential election would be shadowed by myriad investigations.

Mr. Garland, who made the announcement at the Justice Department’s headquarters in Washington, named David C. Weiss, the U.S. attorney in Delaware, who has handled the case for years, as the special counsel. The move comes seven months after Mr. Garland appointed Robert K. Hur to be a special counsel investigating whether President Biden has mishandled classified documents.

Click on the link for the full article

Watched Garland's presser this morning.

Where everyone ought to be celebrating the appropriate latitude being given to Weiss's work, especially given the context that it's occuring under the admin of the subject's father, we'll see a dramatic increase in white noise on the GOP side.

If you thought the level of crap being flung by the right regarding the "Biden crime family" was a way overblown circus before it's going to pale to what it will be like now.

I'm impressed with garland and the admins living up to every promise they made at the beginning of the admin  of allowing this to play out and giving Weiss whatever he asked for, inc special counsel status now.

It's an actual thing that just a little while ago everyone outside the investigators thought the plea deals signified a non pyrotechnic ending and now it appears massive fireworks will be filling the right-wing media skies, and get more coverage on all media of course, for some time.

This will become even more the gop's favorite bone to chew election wise, and everyone on that party will dedicate their all to the effort.

Sigh. I know he had addiction issues, but **** hunter and **** the way things go when humans live down to their potential.

• Like 4

GOP is losing their mind over Weiss.

Dems whenever asked about this need to mention that Trump appointed Weiss. Can't say the guy's name without mentioning Trump. They would have complained about anyone assigned because they know it's going to be like this either way.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I suppose having a Special Counsel for Hunter while the gears of justice slowly grind Donald into a fine paste will provide the necessary distraction to prevent MAGAKlan from shooting up synagogues and hospitals.

Well. Maybe reduce it some.