Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Federal agents see chargeable tax, gun-purchase case against Hunter Biden

Cooked Crack

Will THIS stop the dog and pony show?

"Nay", says the pony

"Don't be ****ing stupid, of course not.", said the dog.

"I mean, bark bark"

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Haha 3

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/02/20/hunter-biden-smirnov-lying-indictment-lowell/

The GOP's star witness was a Russian operative the whole time. 

Separate court filings Tuesday offered new claims about an FBI informant accused of lying about Hunter Biden, as prosecutors said he claimed to have significant ties to Russian intelligence — and lawyers for the president’s son said the man had led U.S. authorities down a “rabbit hole” of nonsense.

Special counsel David Weiss, who has previously lodged gun and tax charges against Hunter Biden, filed a detention memo in federal court in Nevada saying that Alexander Smirnov, a former FBI confidential human source, should be detained pending trial because he has claimed extensive ties to Russian intelligence figures, among other factors.

“During his custodial interview on February 14, Smirnov admitted that officials associated with Russian intelligence were involved in passing a story about Businessperson 1,” the prosecution memo states. Businessperson 1 is Hunter Biden, according to people familiar with the case who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it.

The memo goes on to say that Smirnov has repeatedly claimed close links with Russian intelligence officials, and even planned to meet with Russian intelligence shortly after his trip to the United States. And in conversations with the FBI in late 2023, the court filing says, he suggested that Russian officials “may use as ‘kompromat’ in the 2024 election” the contents of intercepted phone calls of Hunter Biden in a foreign hotel.

“Smirnov’s efforts to spread misinformation about a candidate of one of the two major parties in the United States continues,” the detention memo states. “What this shows is that the misinformation he is spreading is not confined to 2020. He is actively peddling new lies that could impact U.S. elections after meeting with Russian intelligence officials in November. In light of that fact there is a serious risk he will flee in order to avoid accountability for his actions.”

• Haha 3

This was a great line from Hunter Biden’s recent testimony. 

Biden was asked, for example, whether he was aware that money he’d transferred to his uncle James Biden might have been reused by his uncle to repay a loan to his father.

“This is the most ridiculous thing that — I mean, so far,” Biden replied. “Are you saying to me, do I understand the fungibility of dollars? 

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

I listened to a bit of this hearing. Katie Porter made a really good point during her time, gonna drop some quotes.

We should have a policy discussion about how to stop government officials from using their positions to get money or favors. Now, that is a real hearing.

We could start by talking about how senior executive branch officials can leave public service, wait just one year, and then legally become lobbyists for big corporations, scoring their new employers’ profitable government contracts and favorable regulations.  They can even be paid by the big corporations during that short one year, while they are waiting to become lobbyists as a down payment for their future ability to peddle influence. That’s wrong.

She even brought up the fact that 490-something former Congress members are lobbyists.  

Oh, and Tony Bobulinski?  I have hated this guy from the beginning.  Seems like he is a Russian rate and the only one still sticking his guns to the "story', even though there is one.  10 percent for the "big guy".  Well, the "big guy" wasn't Vice President in MAY 2017.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texts-reveal-more-russia-ties-for-tony-bobulinski-key-anti-biden-witness

On May 19, 2017, Hunter Biden and Bobulinski had a confrontation over the SinoHawk deal. WhatsApp messages show Biden invoking Bobulinski’s ties to Vekselberg, blasting him as immature and insulting, and at one point threatening to break his jaw.  “I’ll say it one final time. I don’t care how much money you’ve made what teams you were captain of or how many soulless oligarchs you call friend,” Hunter Biden wrote. “Money doesn’t interest me winning is ephemeral and fleeting and I have no interest spending my days on a super yacht measuring my dick with the people on the super yacht next to me.”  Biden continued, “I care about one thing. My family. And your demands make me uncomfortable and you’re [sic] insults remind me of the **** the captain of the lacrosse team said to me in college about my dad right before I broke his ****ing jaw. So you’re [sic] choice Tony act like a child and take all your millions of marbles home and throw them at me from afar or sit down like men do and have a discussion face to face. One request though stop the 5th grade group text insults—Jesus my daughters texts are more cogent and mature.”

The deal, of course, fell through. Instead, a separate entity that Hunter Biden co-founded with Chinese investors received $5 million from a CEFC affiliate in August 2017. That company paid Hunter Biden $500,000 up-front, followed by monthly consulting fees of $100,000—payments that the GOP has cast in misleading terms.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just in from the Supreme Court.  FOX NEWS HAS IMMUNITY!  Family members of high ranking government officials are public figures and can be dragged through the mud and defamed as much as possible.

• Haha 1

Fox News Pulls Hunter Biden ‘Mock Trial’ Miniseries Amid Lawsuit Threat

Fox News swiftly took down a six-part miniseries focused on Hunter Biden from its streaming platform following a threat of legal action from Hunter Biden’s attorneys. The controversial program, titled “The Trial of Hunter Biden,” stirred controversy with its incendiary content, including sexually explicit images and a “mock trial” narrative surrounding Biden’s legal issues.

Despite initial defense of the program by Fox News spokespeople, the network quickly responded to the legal threat by removing the series. This move highlights the conservative media giant’s tendency to cater to its audience’s preferences, even if it means promoting conspiracy theories or controversial content.

The dispute underscores Fox News’ role in perpetuating narratives that align with its viewers’ beliefs, regardless of the ethical or legal implications.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1