Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

2 minutes ago, MAATopDogg said:

I don’t care who you put behind center the Oline would be garbage. Im still with Wentz. You gotta give the QB more than 3 seconds to throw the ball. It all comes back to the Oline.

Anybody who watches the games will tell you that the OL isn’t that good. But Wentz has looked as bad. 

4 minutes ago, MAATopDogg said:

I don’t care who you put behind center the Oline would be garbage. Im still with Wentz. You gotta give the QB more than 3 seconds to throw the ball. It all comes back to the Oline.

Or you call plays having wentz roll out and or take other moves to help the line 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Watch. His first big sack was against a 3 man rush where he kept going back vs stepping up In plenty of space.

I cant think of a more embarrassing way to say "I don't understand the trenches" then to blame just the Oline on sacks 

wasn’t that when he was backpedaling to set up a screen?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TMK9973 said:

Watch. His first big sack was against a 3 man rush where he kept going back vs stepping up In plenty of space.

I cant think of a more embarrassing way to say "I don't understand the trenches" then to blame just the Oline on sacks 

I didn’t just blame the Oline for sacks.  I just don’t have audacity to make a statement like “The O line hasn’t been bad”.  It’s honestly the worst post I’ve seen today and that’s saying a lot.  

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Watching it...don't think Brian cares anymore, he acting withh all the fire of Ron R right now. Lol

How many forced rants can one man deliver. The most epic rant ever was delivered more than 10 years ago now, the Chad Dukes "get 'em" classic. MORE THAN 10 YEARS AGO, lol. And it's still the same thing every year. I've felt nothing for awhile now ... and it feels good. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The other problem with putting wentz back there, other than saying you want to keep trying this garbage, is when you finish the season with 5 wins you’ll be done with him.  He won’t be back next year. 

let Howell play. Or heineke. Don’t care. But the wentz experiment is over and every snap he takes is a complete and utter waste of time.  

• Thumb up 3

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can sense the Hineckie Hive coming back from the Dead, and I just want to tell yall now to kick rocks on broken glass.

They aren't gonna bench Wentz for him no matter how much you miss Taylor diving for the end zone and getting your panties wet watching him throw ducks that get our WRs killed...

If Heinicke played today today or the second half we win. Watch our starting QB right now and study him he is garbage. I'm not saying Heinicke is the future or anything like that, but he would have given us a better chance. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 2

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Seattle, with no QB, just put up 48 on the Lions. :ols:

Seattle is smart. Go with Geno this year an get their franchise guy in the 2023 draft. Something we could have done this year but you know we rather win now then setup for the future. 

2 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

The guy goes on a 7 step drop. When you have no time, go on a 3 step drop.

A 7 step drop is part of the specific play.  That isn't Wentz just deciding to drop back back 7 steps.  The issue is that Wentz was brought in with the idea that this offense was going to attack vertically, think Norv Turner's 90's offense where you run the ball and throw downfield.  The difference is Dallas O-line back then was one of the best of the era and this O-line is pretty bad.  You can't design an offense around having a lot of time to throw, when the QB.......doesn't have a lot of time to throw.   If Turner was out there calling crossing routes and slant routes and Wentz was getting to a 3 step drop and not delivering the ball, then we could criticize that, but from what I am seeing the main issue is the stubborn-ness of Turner not to adjust the offense and call plays that actually help the offense move the ball. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tshile said:

The other problem with putting wentz back there, other than saying you want to keep trying this garbage, is when you finish the season with 5 wins you’ll be done with him.  He won’t be back next year. 

let Howell play. Or heineke. Don’t care. But the wentz experiment is over and every snap he takes is a complete and utter waste of time.  

Agreed. This team needs an elusive QB with how bad the front is playing.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Gotta bench wentz. 

the team may not be any good anyways - Rivera makes some terrible decisions and while I always liked turner this is 2 games in a row where bad coaching was just everywhere with play calling. 

It’s a bad football team with wentz at qb. It just is. He looks awful. Lost. Immobile. Not even sure he understands the coverages he’s seeing 

If the goal is to lose, don't worry, they gonna lose anyway with Wentz at QB.

But we can barely evaluate the offense right now. And it will be impossible with Taylor or Howell out there instead.

There's no need to try to tank this rate, they'll be a top 5 pick no matter how hard they try to stop it now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

There’s immunity for those looking to switch… it’s a new name, so technically new team. Take your pick at new team

Wish I could do this but my brain is broken. Grew up with extremely abusive parenting, culprit dead and gone now. Now years later with perspective and time, I almost consider raising me a Washington fan to be the worst offense he committed. Incredibly poor choice made for me, that I never had a say in lol. You’d think it would even be easier to separate myself from it given the connection to so much horror from my past but nope, the human brain is stupid. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1