Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

Crazy how much changes in a season. I’m not writing them off yet but I do really like what I see.

I posted last offseason that I thought the Eagles would implode. They were trying very hard to prove me wrong this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wyvern said:

Just so I'm clear, does the position "Head of Football Operations" equate to what we'd call GM?

Probably. Most likely would serve under a team President of some sort. This is what I am interested in. What is the actual structure of the organization going to look like?

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Listening to Eagles radio this morning.  They want to fire their Head Coach.  They believe they will lose to the Bucs.  Also do not  believe

Jalen Hurts will be the long term answer at quarterback.  Really enjoyed watching the Giants beat them yesterday.

They say Hurts cannot recognize blitzes so that's why Wink Martindale kept blitzing him.

Worst fan base in the NFL, especially for a team that has regular success.  I love it.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Just so I'm clear, does the position "Head of Football Operations" equate to what we'd call GM? 

I didn't get the sense that Myers was actually the new GM, rather he seems to be the coordinator (or co-coordinator") of the advisory committee that will eventually bring in a Head of Football Operations and a Head Coach.

I ask, because even the Snyder/Rivera front office had Mathew as GM, and Hurney as Executive Vice-President of Football Players/Personnel, with others with given similar sounding titles.

Maybe this advisory committee will also be overhauling the franchise's organizational structure -- but it seems to me you need some role like the traditional GM, rather than the multithreaded structure that evolved under Snyder/Rivera.

I would assume the Head of Football Ops will be what is considered the GM.

I have a nfl coaching thread in the ATN for coaches in general.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, SkinsFanPA said:

Worst fan base in the NFL, especially for a team that has regular success.  I love it.

In a weird sort of way, at this very moment, Im viewing the Commanders as the more stable of the NFC East franchises moving forward. Yeah I know this could all fall to crap but I truly believe this ownership group is going to do things the right way.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

In a weird sort of way, at this very moment, Im viewing the Commanders as the more stable of the NFC East franchises moving forward. Yeah I know this could all fall to crap but I truly believe this ownership group is going to do things the right way.

Who you callin' stable?

image.png.ec79e80c56a4f98a89cc21a104fcf24d.png

• Haha 10

On 1/2/2024 at 3:58 PM, Rufus T Firefly said:

Personally, I have long hoped that we would clean house on the FO this week. You could interview a few people who aren't currently employed by teams. Dawn Aponte is someone who could be on the radar. I have always like Thomas Dmitroff, and while I don't necessarily want to give him the job, I'd definitely love him for an assistant GM spot with a first timer GM. Louis Riddick you could talk to just because of local ties and Rooney Rule requirements. 

Then you inform teams that you want permission come Monday to start interviewing other candidates (the Horitz, Peters, Halaby, etc group). It would give you a bit of a head start. Not a huge one, but something. 

If we are really hiring GM first and then Coach, and especially if we are interviewing a lot of people for the GM spot, time is actually something of an issue. Getting even a small head start would be a positive. 

More importantly, what's the reason not to do it? Do we really need to pretend there is something that could happen against Dallas that will effect whether or not these people are retained?

Told yal. Mayhew is gonna be held on. for a while. 

9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Yup. Was a DB coach here before getting to be a HC in Tampa.

He is good dude too.

Not my first choice for our new HC, but good dude

Pretty sure it’s the other way around either way I remember that dude 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Why are people so anxious about Jason Wright? That guy has zero to do with football operations. We need to clean that mess up before Jason's functions are addressed. 

They can focus on that area in a few more months imo.

Make him the VP of Stadium Hot Water

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Yup. Was a DB coach here before getting to be a HC in Tampa.

He is good dude too.

Not my first choice for our new HC, but good dude

hes a good coordinator/positions coach, not sure hes a good HC. The roster he had to work with in TB wasn't great, similar to the commanders current situation, so maybe some grace is in order. If Tomlin were to become available, I'd like to see them take a shot at him. Or perhaps Belichick..though i think he would want more control than he ought to have. ie I'd like to see an established coach with previous sustained success.

Really like the front office hirings...they dont need to be football guys, they need to be guys that can create the organizational structure thats necessary for the football guys to succeed and it seems like they know how to create that given the history.

26 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I wanted him out as much as the next man, but a classy farewell from a classy fellow! I wish him nothing but the best

Agree.  Ron was the not answer going forward, but he was given an impossible situation to deal with and did an admirable job with it.  All the best to him. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Damn, that was quick.

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Why hasn't Jason Wright been fired yet?? It's almost NOON! ⏱️

VP of Stadium Safety Railings

VP of Stale Hot Dogs

VP of Expired Airline Peanuts

VP of Vanilla Ice Cream

VP of Overpriced Stale Beer

Don't forget the VP of Gushing Sewage Pipes.

• Haha 3

I'm a little surprised that we're already pursuing head coaching interviews before having a GM in place? I guess there's a good reason for this but that's not how Harris typically works. Is it possible that Bob and Rick hold coaching interviews without the new GM or is Mayhew gonna have a role in hiring the new head coach? I'm also curious as to how long Myers and Spielman have agreed to work with the organization? 1 year? 2, 3 years? Indefinitely? I get the feeling that if Myers likes working in the NFL that he may stay as long as he wants? 

Well here we are people.  I like everything that has happened so far today.  Lots more to come.  

”Now, this is not the end.  It is not even the beginning of the end…but it is perhaps the end of the beginning”

Winston Churchill 

We have a new Sheriff in town and he is going to do things right.  I’m ready for the ride.  

21 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Make him the VP of Stadium Hot Water

I admit to having a soft spot for Wright since I think that ES would've been dead in October if he didn't jump in to fix the problem when we were shut down for a few days. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Veretax said:

Say what you will about our failure to find success with Ron, but he's earned some time on the bench to rest, and enjoy his family.

I still think we should keep him to call the new draftees.....that was pure gold. He could just work draft weekend and then go back to his golf schedule.

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I admit to having a soft spot for Wright since I think that ES would've been dead in October if he didn't jump in to fix the problem when we were shut down for a few days. 

Did Jason really do that? If so, I may have to amend some of my previous posts about him...nothing personal with him, as I understand being under Snyder wasn't going to be good for him anyway...it's just his history of screwing up PR issues was grating...and it's possible that's a duty that Snyder shoved off on him without Wright being prepared.

• Like 2