Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

So I was watching the game with my wife, who knows basically nothing about football, and she said something noteworthy(but obvious):

"Rivera doesn't actually do anything. He just stands there."

Like, if someone who is a complete football newb in every sense can see that, then its just painfully obvious, and it absolutely affects the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So I was watching the game with my wife, who knows basically nothing about football, and she said something noteworthy(but obvious):

"Rivera doesn't actually do anything. He just stands there."

Like, if someone who is a complete football newb in every sense can see that, then its just painfully obvious, and it absolutely affects the team.

Your wife obviously knows nothing about football.

S/c

I find it funny that this team is so bad that Sly missing another extra point isn't even worthy of discussion. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s not about this staff being owed anything, they’re awful and they’re gone already. They’re the walking dead. But firing them doesn’t speed up the process of hiring a GM, that can’t happen until the regular season is over anyways. 

But if I’m Josh Harris, I want a 100% clean slate. So I’m not giving somebody like EB the Interim job just so they can have the opportunity to steal a win or two and get a bunch of dumb fans riled up and unhappy with my eventual choice to clean house fully. Why even take the chance? There’s no upside to getting a six week head start on something you can’t actually do in that time anyways (interview and hire GM candidates who currently work for other NFL teams). 

These are our next six games after today:

@Cowboys

Dolphins

@Rams

@Jets

49ers

Cowboys

LMAO @ any coach, much less an interim

HC in Bieniemy winning a single game in that final stretch.  You don’t have to worry about “dumb fans” getting riled up about some possible fluke victories by a possible interim HC in Bieniemy, because it simply won’t happen.  You can fire Ron & JDR on Thursday night or Friday morning after our upcoming blowout loss to Dallas, and not miss much of a beat.

Edited by samy316

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

These are our next six games after today:

@Cowboys

Dolphins

@Rams

@Jets

49ers

Cowboys

LMAO @ any coach, much less an interim

HC in Bieniemy winning a single game in that final stretch.  You don’t have to worry about “dumb fans” getting riled up about some possible fluke victories by a possible interim HC in Bieniemy, because it simply won’t happen.  You can fire Ron & JDR on Thursday night or Friday morning after our upcoming blowout loss to Dallas, and not miss much of a beat.

Rams and Jets are both beatable. And we stand a much better chance of losing all of them with Rivera as our HC.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Rams and Jets are both beatable. And we stand a much better chance of losing all of them with Rivera as our HC.

That’s the beauty of it, you can still lose all of those games w/o Rivera there to stand stone-faced on the sidelines with his stupid crossed arms.  We’re not beating the Rams or Jets, so you can wipe that thought from your head.  We don’t have the heart or the OL to withstand both of those DL’s.  

I’d fire Rivera’s ass & Dust Up’s ass on Friday morning at the latest.  Stop being patient for no reason.  Paddleboat & Dust Up don’t deserve to stay on past next week.  They haven’t earned it.

Edited by samy316

JP Finaly not mincing words.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sports/washington-commanders/commanders-embarrassed-in-worst-loss-of-ron-riveras-tenure-lose-to-giants-with-3rd-string-qb/3474901/

FEDEX FIELD — Washington suffered its worst defeat of the season and possibly of the Ron Rivera era on Sunday, dropping to 4-7 on the year with a 31-19 loss to New York. 

The Giants came into FedEx Field with a 2-8 record and with a third-stringer that lives with his parents as their starting quarterback,  and still gained 246 yards passing to go with three touchdowns. That quarterback’s name is Tommy DeVito, and last week in a loss to the Cowboys he accounted for just 86 yards passing.

Washington’s defense did generate a strong pass rush, but when the blitz wasn’t on, DeVito picked apart the Commanders secondary....

....This is not the type of the loss that suggests major changes need to be discussed.

This is the type of loss that demands major changes be made.

Washington has another game in four days, playing the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving. It’s possible that the tight time window will prevent Commanders ownership from having some tough discussions about the future of Rivera and the staff he’s assembled.

But those conversations need to be had, whether it’s Thursday night while munching leftover turkey, or sooner.

The Commanders not only lost to a bad Giants team engulfed in turmoil, the Giants blew them out. Washington generated nine sacks, nearly tying a franchise record, and still spent much of the fourth quarter down two scores.

Was there a bit of a comeback attempt late in the fourth quarter? Sure. Want to read a glowing piece on the positives to take from this game? Look elsewhere.

There’s an old saying in the NFL: “You can’t lose at home to a third-string QB and keep your job.”

Actually that’s not an old saying, but maybe it should be<<.

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s not about this staff being owed anything, they’re awful and they’re gone already. They’re the walking dead. But firing them doesn’t speed up the process of hiring a GM, that can’t happen until the regular season is over anyways. 

But if I’m Josh Harris, I want a 100% clean slate. So I’m not giving somebody like EB the Interim job just so they can have the opportunity to steal a win or two and get a bunch of dumb fans riled up and unhappy with my eventual choice to clean house fully. Why even take the chance? There’s no upside to getting a six week head start on something you can’t actually do in that time anyways (interview and hire GM candidates who currently work for other NFL teams). 

This.

Firing RR or JDR (or Martin or Marty) before the end of the season will accomplish nothing tangible. It won't change the trajectory of the season, and even if it did change something, it wouldn't matter at this point.

I was entertaining the thought of keeping EB so that the new GM could potentially interview him for HC, but now I think everyone has to go. Two losses to the Giants and one to the Bears means everyone goes - this is the statement Harris needs to make.

Not sure if/where Jason Wright fits into the mix or not, but Harris should be getting acquainted with his short list for GM right now.  And he will - and should - wait until 9:00 a.m. Black Monday Jan 8 to gas everyone in the building. Then start the GM interviews, conclude them in a week, before having the GM reach out to the candidates for HC they want to talk to. One week process for that. One more week to hire coordinators and assistants. 

New era starts by the end of January 2024. Onwards and upwards to the Senior Bowl, the Underwear Olympics, free agency, the draft, etc.

They need to take a head if not tomorrow then on Friday. If not Ron, then EB or JDR or someone, maybe the guy that hands paper towels out in the bathroom.  The new owners need to show this is not acceptable, it is like the staff has not prepared or had the team prepared week in and week out.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stoox said:

Firing RR or JDR before the end of the season will accomplish nothing 

Totally disagree, rip the bandaid off fast and now not slow and later… what good can come out of keeping him then for the rest of the season? Do you really see this team winning the last 6 games and finishing 10-7 and in the playoffs? He has shown if anything in the 2 Giants games that he can’t get this team in a position to beat a 2nd and 3rd string QB, in the Bears game was destroyed but a really bad Bears team… in the Bills game … well you know…. We haven’t just lost some of these games i mentioned we’ve been blown the freak out and at no point of any of just mentioned  games was there any doubt to us losing…. This team is too far from 1 top 5 pick making a difference so playing for a higher draft pick doesn’t matter to me…. Play for some respect, some heart, firing RR and JDR tonight or at worse tomorrow morning might install some heart and respect these last 6 games….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, samy316 said:

I’d fire Rivera’s ass & Dust Up’s ass on Friday morning at the latest.  Stop being patient for no reason.  Paddleboat & Dust Up don’t deserve to stay on past next week.  They haven’t earned it.

Fire them tonight. No need to make the team go to Dallas with those two after today. Promote EB to head coach and Kerrigan to DC and roll with that for the rest of the slate. It would be good to see what EB can accomplish so we can rule him out or move forward with him potentially (which I doubt). There will be a nice list of potential head coaches and GM candidates available come January so no need to keep RR or JDR around any longer. The turkey will taste better if RR is gone and we don't have to see him on Thursday, win or lose.

• Like 1

Sorry but with the performance of this team Ron must be told to fire jack at minimum and they must tell Ron to run the defense the rest of the year. On top of that all personal decisions are being taken from him and if he says no to any of this you fire both of them

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Totally disagree, rip the bandaid off fast and now not slow and later… what good can come out of keeping him then for the rest of the season? Do you really see this team winning the last 6 games and finishing 10-7 and in the playoffs? He has shown if anything in the 2 Giants games that he can’t get this team in a position to beat a 2nd and 3rd string QB, in the Bears game was destroyed but a really bad Bears team… in the Bills game … well you know…. We haven’t just lost some of these games i mentioned we’ve been blown the freak out and at no point of any of just mentioned  games was there any doubt to us losing…. This team is too far from 1 top 5 pick making a difference so playing for a higher draft pick doesn’t matter to me…. Play for some respect, some heart, firing RR and JDR tonight or at worse tomorrow morning might install some heart and respect these last 6 games….

I agree, we need to show the players we're tired of losing...firing RR sends the message that ownership won't accept losing and will hold the culprits accountable. This has the potential to get just as ugly as it did when D'Roan and Allen went at it on the sidelines in Dallas before. We don't want that again. Let's get Sam back on track with some new voices.

I don't know why people keep saying it is a bad idea to fire a coach with a history of being a poor coach in the middle of the season.

He is what his record says he is.

The team is not going anywhere. Why not use this opportunity to evaluate if Eric Bienemy should be kept and elevated to HC? 

What is the worst he could do?

Lose the remaining games? ...and get better draft position.

In the offseason, I will fire Ron, his coaching staff, the two GMs, and most definitely the Team President.

The Team has to be rid of any stench of Daniel Snyder. 

• Like 1