Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

3 minutes ago, TK said:

This O needs a spark....

giphy.gif

YES!!!!! At least would be fun to watch. Can someone remind me why we didnt go with him, you know the guy that had us heading to the NFC east champs before COVID ravaged the team and a QB who we signed 2 days before an eagles game ruined the season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

When you play like poop all game easty INTs will most certainly be dropped. why expect any professional play.

We deserve this L as it stands. Im about to put the Ravens on the big tv and stream this game.

Yeah the 2nd half may be very hard to watch

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Coaches don’t pick players. FO does. If you mean Rivera when you say coaches I agree.

IIRC, Ron has final say in personnel. He definitely has say in his staff. He should be gone for all those reasons, along with his staff, but optics will prevent his departure.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Of course they have input. But the coordinators don’t pick the players.

And part of the reason we don’t get good players, perhaps the biggest reason, is the owner. Don’t forget that. Been saying it for years and people want to stick their fingers in their ears and “lalalala” it away.

Oh I know it all starts with Snyder but at some point you have to hold a coaching staff accountable. Year three seems like a good start. There can be no more excuses for Rivera and his staff. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ntotoro said:

IIRC, Ron has final day in personnel. He definitely has say in his staff. He should be gone for all those reasons, along with his staff, but optics will prevent his departure.

Which is why I said “if you mean Rivera I agree”. Rivera won’t go anywhere.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

They STILL won't go hurry up.  I mean, come on.  You're down 3 scores, every single ****ing drive from here on out should be no-huddle.  

Somebody used the word "plodding" earlier.  I think that's exactly right.  

Turner thought he could run the ball to loosen up the defense.  He was wrong. 

Turner isnt good.  He has moments but overall he's just not up to par.  He really has no in game feel.  This is a game where we should be passing to set up the run, not the other way around.  We should be using gibson to the way we did last week but he wants to run him between the tackles.  Just awful awful gameplan and playcalling and there's no excuse for it with the skill players we have.  Just none.

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Put Taylor in for the last 2 mins and get this O rollin'

I want to thank you for showing your true colors after an offseason full of bull**** on the QB topic, and simultaneously ask you to stop posting. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They STILL won't go hurry up.  I mean, come on.  You're down 3 scores, every single ****ing drive from here on out should be no-huddle.  

Somebody used the word "plodding" earlier.  I think that's exactly right.  

Turner thought he could run the ball to loosen up the defense.  He was wrong. 

I think the defense is gassed though. They have to walk a tightrope. If they go hurry up offense and fail with a quick 3 and out the defense is right back on the field getting gored.

Just now, Captain James said:

I'm done with starting McLaurin in fantasy. Washington players are never great individual fantasy contributors 

Not true.

What is true is that CW is quick reading and Terry isn't his first read most of the time.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Damn, the betters saw this ass kicking coming didn't they!

If you talking on this board, did they?  People did predict a Lions win but I didn't see anyone predicting a Lions blowout win. I thought we would lose a shootout with the defense letting Lions win.

Oh well, looks like another season where it's over by midseason. We talking about our Top 5 pick and looking at that QB class.  Then Ron wins games late to take us out of position for those QBs. 

So they were planning on triple teaming Brown?  This has all the markings of a poorly coached defense that is being schematically played by the opponent.  Del Río is one of those intellectually challenged coaches who really is a rah rah guy rather than someone capable of smoke and mirrors.  He’s not even adept at developing players on an individual level let alone fostering chemistry between players.  

This team needs to be blown up, from top down.  Ideally Snyder gets tossed out of the league but not going to happen.  Rivera/Mayhew  and their crap personnel evaluations need to go.  The d-line is the naked king, stop treating it like a strength.  It’s not.  Rebuild it.  Draft or get a FA replacement for Sweat.  Give Young another season to see if he’s anything close to the guy we hoped he was.  Put emphasis on LBs.  Secondary will be ok with a hint of pass rush and decent LBs (as well as a competent coach).

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1