Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

Wentz has no time, he was sacked by his own O lineman and on that safety he wasn't even able to get into his drop before the pass rusher hit him.

Most QB's would be struggling with this O line play. the fact that Norwell and Turner didn't do anything during camp can't be helping the situation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Jus getting chance to see the score, shows Wentz has been sacked 4 times before halftime.

Like to hear again about how letting two of our best offensive linemen go in offseason was going to keep us as good an offensive line, or some bold enough to say it'd be better...

Initial reaction is they looked past the Lions to the Eagles next week. There's time for halftime adjustments to either make this more competitive, or who knows, but damn if this isn't as shocking as it should be considering we do not have a history of consistency or taking one week at a time...

They also let two of our better DL men go. Its like they dont have a clue (but i would have never signed Sheriff for what he is getting) its time to contact Flowers

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Because the Lions are in Wentz’ face as soon as he catches the snap and has to move off the snap. The OL is getting beat like a drum.

Hutch has double the sacks TODAY than Young had all of last year. 

Where I will agree with a lot of folks… the only way this gets totally fixed is dumping the whole staff and FO, bringing in a true GM, have him hire a coach and clean house player wise and accept the inevitability that it’ll be intentionally ugly for a bit.

Maybe you get better in the process. The Bears looked better last week with less talent by accident.

Well **** if you think we are at that stage where explosion is only solution dang. 

I disagree about wentz, we are running slow developing plays, need more quick hitting passes, don't tell me with our recievers we couldn't do designed quick passes, west coast style to slow down their rush. 

9 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

What will be hilarious is that if this game/play stands as is, im fully expecting short and annoyed answers from RR and JDR post-game. Because they're both getting out-classed right now.

I don’t care to hear their excuses.  This team was not ready to play.  I do not believe Swift is hurt at all.  But let’s keep letting him run at will.  Has Wentz taken any shotgun snaps?  It’s like his feet are lead.  And if he moves, it’s always backwards.  Our D looks awful but they have to be exhausted.  We need quick passes to McLaurin and McKissic.  Get some first downs.  Someone needs to hit Turner with his clip board.

• Like 1