Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Finlay: Brian Robinson Shot Multiple Times—Stable Condition

Conn

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually don't think he's going to be the starting RB, or at least get the most carries.  I think Jonathan Williams is going to get the first down carries.  Gibson is going to be used like they were going to use him before BRob got shot. 

And they are going to sub Williams in for BRob.  Who might do pretty well in that role.

I also think they are going to rely more on Wentz and the passing game. 

I would bet good money they will not put the team on Gibson's back and ask him to carry the load.  

And this is the right call, IMO. When it comes to running backs you don't need spectacular in the backfield to get yards if the O-line is doing their job.  What's holding Gibson back from excelling isn't a physical thing, it's a lack of experience at the position thing.  We've seen what he can do once he is in open field, but he was missing too many opportunities to get to open field.  Let Williams get brunt of those carries, and keep Gibson in the role that's been planned.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Oh come on.  Nobody should have to increase the reward amount.  Not Brian Robinson and not the Commanders.  

This is not the wild wild west with vigilante justice.  The police need to find these people and lock them up.  

The team is not in the law enforcement business.  It's not their responsibility to get involved in any way.  They shouldn't get involved.  This is a law enforcement thing.  I searched, and I couldn't even find a place where it was lawful for a private organization or individual to offer a reward for information in an ongoing investigation.  I'm not entirely sure it can be done legally.  

You're kidding right? Where the heck do you live? I didn't say the team should be prowling the streets.

It happens all the time. Companies do it; families do it.  My sister worked at a small convenience store which was held-up and even that small store offered reward for information leading to arrest.  Someone attack a family member of yours, you just going to sit by the phone and let the police handle it? How about boost up the money for the local TiP-LINE, if you have one in your area.  This isn't putting up Dead or Alive posters, my friend.

Literally took me 10 seconds to find this:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/7-eleven-100000-reward-information-arrest-deadly-california-robberies

https://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/vp-nw-7-eleven-homicide-reward-20220624-7kfxlzhqzzavzgm7tynhotf7p4-story.html

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

It must be discussed:

If Gibson is holding it down (running well, not fumbling, etc.) through the first few weeks of the season, do we stick with the hot hand (Gibby) when Robinson returns? Should we transition to RBBC that would include BRob, or jump right to a heavy usage of BRob as the feature back like originally planned?

Much to ponder.

1 minute ago, Captain James said:

It must be discussed:

If Gibson is holding it down (running well, not fumbling, etc.) through the first few weeks of the season, do we stick with the hot hand (Gibby) when Robinson returns? Should we transition to RBBC that would include BRob, or jump right to a heavy usage of BRob as the feature back like originally planned?

Much to ponder.

Ride the horse that got you there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain James said:

It must be discussed:

Much to ponder.

I think we switch over no matter what, I just dont think Gibson is built for 17 games of inside running. Then again I dont know who really is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Ride the horse that got you there.

I can see that, especially because Gibby has actual NFL experience too.

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I think we switch over no matter what, I just dont think Gibson is built for 17 games of inside running. Then again I dont know who really is.

I think I'd lean more towards a full RBBC approach at first, while definitely sprinkling in a noticeable amount of BRob. I absolutely want him to become our feature back sooner than later, but we'll need to ease him back I would think.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain James said:

It must be discussed:

Much to ponder.

Robinson is a 3rd rounder in his first year returning from taking a slug to a knee.

If whatever is done in his absence is working and working well, don't mess with it to reintroduce a guy who is not some massively priced piece that you defacto have to make a centerpiece just because of acquisition cost.

If he was some FA with a massive price tag that practically demands justification, that would be an interesting debate, but in this specific situation you thank your lucky stars, give B-Rob an additional week to heal over what was planned, and ease him back in slowly.

As long as Rob returns to form he will get the chance to shoot his shot. No rush if he is not immediately needed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Robinson is a 3rd rounder in his first year returning from taking a slug to a knee.

If whatever is done in his absence is working and working well, don't mess with it to reintroduce a guy who is not some massively priced piece that you defacto have to make a centerpiece just because of acquisition cost.

If he was some FA with a massive price tag that practically demands justification, that would be an interesting debate, but in this specific situation you thank your lucky stars, give B-Rob an additional week to heal over what was planned, and ease him back in slowly.

As long as Rob returns to form he will get the chance to shoot his shot. No rush if he is not immediately needed.

I concur, though I expect him to be utilized quite heavily by seasons end.

33 minutes ago, Captain James said:

I concur, though I expect him to be utilized quite heavily by seasons end.

Gong to be interesting to see how they utilize Williams alongside Gibson, McKisic you obviously dont want to run between the tackles but hopefully injuries dont throw another wrench in the works.

• Like 2