Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Finlay: Brian Robinson Shot Multiple Times—Stable Condition

Conn

On 9/12/2022 at 7:49 AM, TK said:

Some good intel on these guys.

BRob avoided infection and his wounds are closed or he wouldn't have been progressed to increase range of motion and low impact cardio. Lucky🍀👍

He'll play week 5 vs TEN.

Chase is progressing fast now.

"Young has been conservatively projected to rejoin the Commanders later this season. Young soon will have his knee reevaluated by Dr. James Andrews, but the team believes he will be back well before the season's midway mark.

Young already has been performing in defensive line drills, running through hoops and changing directions."

This stage of rehab is tricky. There's a fine line that's hard to find between progression and setback risk, because the next big step is being cleared for contact. Do you want to be the guy that clears him for contact too early!? I don't. That's a huge decision. Dr. Andrews won't clear him if he's not presenting as +90%. He can have some post workout swelling and soreness, but can't proceed until it's gone. I expect him to be cleared for practice after week 4. Full practices after week 6 and be eyeing GB @ home week 7 👍

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

Some good intel on these guys.

BRob avoided infection and his wounds are closed or he wouldn't have been progressed to increase range of motion and low impact cardio. Lucky🍀👍

He'll play week 5 vs TEN.

Chase is progressing fast now.

"Young has been conservatively projected to rejoin the Commanders later this season. Young soon will have his knee reevaluated by Dr. James Andrews, but the team believes he will be back well before the season's midway mark.

Young already has been performing in defensive line drills, running through hoops and changing directions."

This stage of rehab is tricky. There's a fine line that's hard to find between progression and setback risk, because the next big step is being cleared for contact. Do you want to be the guy that clears him for contact too early!? I don't. That's a huge decision. Dr. Andrews won't clear him if he's not presenting as +90%. He can have some post workout swelling and soreness, but can't proceed until it's gone. I expect him to be cleared for practice after week 4. Full practices after week 6 and be eyeing GB @ home week 7 👍

Great insight and thanks for the post!

Do you think BRob will be full speed by week 5 or ease him in?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Great insight and thanks for the post!

Do you think BRob will be full speed by week 5 or ease him in?

He'd be in the window for week 5. His issues are muscular. Without infection it's the same window as a muscle tear 4-6 weeks. However, it sounds more and more like his wounds were surface and minor subsurface. Would heal faster if the affected muscle weren't deep enough, or cross fibers. He was lucky, he could be back 100% week 5.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

I hope we ease them both back.  It’s been what 30 years since we’ve had real hope. No need rushing it, I want it all to crescendo with a monstrous defense and this juggernaut offense sometime between the end of the year and into 2024… 

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

It's usually the best practice to be extra cautious, though all injuries don't carry the same risks. I think WSH Chief Medical Officer (CMO) reviews each case before being cleared for contact. The results from being cleared will include a plan to avoid re-injury. I'm not going to write one up but it includes threshold limits and protective equipment. Like rep limitations (pitch count), and braces, supports, and padding. We can be confident that nobody is getting pressed for duty in the first month.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I really hope we finish the first quarter of the year at least at 3-1 with our offense really exploding. Then the national media will have to start paying attention and then BRob comes back and has a monster first NFL game and the league is able to gush all over him. That would be really cool for the kid.

They should also announce him last out of the tunnel so the fans can get loud for him. 

What an amazing story and comeback.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

I can’t help but think he’s someone the team rallys around. I can’t wait to see him out on the field, he passes the ole eye test. This team is becoming really fun to root for.

I have him on both my fantasy teams and am just waiting for the black jerseys to come out so I can buy a BRob #8....I have some high hopes for BRob.

9 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

Haha I have him on my fantasy team too and I need him to come back so badly. Cam Akers is in my dog house.

Traded Kareem Hunt for him, which may have been a mistake. But I’m hoping the payoff is a late season surge.

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I got him for $1 in my auction league lolol. Figure he'll be a good substitute for when Jonathan Taylor and Joe Mixon hit their late season byes.

Did you have the first overall pick?

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I have him on both my fantasy teams and am just waiting for the black jerseys to come out so I can buy a BRob #8....I have some high hopes for BRob.

That Burgundy one is pretty lit though.

On 9/15/2022 at 4:55 PM, Mrshadow008 said:

Shot in the knee a few weeks ago and moving around like that. Wow! Nothing short of amazing.

I got no idea what they're feeding kids these days but it's sure better than what I grew up on.

In my day if you got shot in the knee and lived to talk about it this is about the best recovery you could hope for...

• Haha 1

I can't wait to see how he does once he gets back. He is a beloved player from Alabama! Us Bama Grads follow closely players like B-Rob in their NFL careers and all of Bama Nation is watching him closely praying for a speedy recovery and much success.

He has an advantage as a RB coming out of Alabama to have pretty fresh legs. He was behind a darn good RB field, he played behind Najee Harris, Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs, and Derrick Henry, all RB's in the NFL.

We were all so bummed when when Mathis went down, he was another player for us with a ton of heart. And of course I don't need to tell you guys nothing you don't already know about Allen and Payne. Sims is a steady WR that won't WOW anyone, just make a catch when you need you need it.

I will be pulling for you guys as I have since you got so many of our Bama Boys on your team. Roll Tide!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, BamaGrad said:

We were all so bummed when when Mathis went down, he was another player for us with a ton of heart

What's your take on Mathis' NFL potential ? Solid starter ?

People have talked about him replacing Payne possibly, after letting Payne depart, but that seems like a clear downgrade

Although this Ridgeway guy is interesting, and makes me wonder if he and Mathis might end up competing.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository