Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Finlay: Brian Robinson Shot Multiple Times—Stable Condition

Conn

12 hours ago, Captain James said:

It must be discussed:

If Gibson is holding it down (running well, not fumbling, etc.) through the first few weeks of the season, do we stick with the hot hand (Gibby) when Robinson returns? Should we transition to RBBC that would include BRob, or jump right to a heavy usage of BRob as the feature back like originally planned?

Much to ponder.

It will likely come down to ball security. We already know Gibson will get 4 per and hold down the fort.

• Like 1

With BRob out and JD just off the injury report (dreaded groin) I am thinking Samuel may get more touches than fantasy owners are predicting. They will likely ease in Dotson so see Sammy being a fantastic cheap play. Targets that were planned for WR Gibson - guess who they will go to.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

With BRob out and JD just off the injury report (dreaded groin) I am thinking Samuel may get more touches than fantasy owners are predicting. They will likely ease in Dotson so see Sammy being a fantastic cheap play. Targets that were planned for WR Gibson - guess who they will go to.

I don't know. I do think we'll see a lot of CS, but I think as much as they say Gibby will be RB1, I expect a lot of JWill this week in the BRob heavy role. There just isn't the trust in Gibby any more. I also think we'll see a lot of Dotson. I think Bates would be a good fantasy starter though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't know. I do think we'll see a lot of CS, but I think as much as they say Gibby will be RB1, I expect a lot of JWill this week in the BRob heavy role. There just isn't the trust in Gibby any more. I also think we'll see a lot of Dotson. I think Bates would be a good fantasy starter though.

Nice call. Maybe Jonathan is the super sneaky cheap play this week.... maybe he gets the surprise start. We got rain so the ball will be slick - maybe not a Gibby day.

Not many people talk about Gibson being ranked RB10 PPR back last year. Sure he is raw and now fumbles but he posted solid overall numbers for a WR. He should be able to hold down the fort for a month. I know can he hold the ball.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thumb up 1

I just watched a video of all the touches against the Jags by Antonio today. I need to apologize to him because I was calling for him to actually be cut before BRob got shot. Like many on here, I wad tired of the team trying to put a square peg into a round hole experiment. He is not an in between 20 carry running back, doesn’t hit or read the hole like a true running back, hesitates and the doesnt show the 4.3 speed and of course fumbles too much. 

I love how Scott used him on Sunday, spread him around, limited his carries, and Gibby showed some speed and great hands. I also heard he actually volunteered to do kickoff returns which is surprising since he could have pouted after it was apparent BRob was gonna start. If we continue to spread the ball around even when BRob returns, how will defenses game plan? We obviously will have games where we will need to rely on the run game and BRob will be such a great fit for that plus he has hands too. 

I just wanted to show some appreciation for Antonio! Hail Gibby!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

I just watched a video of all the touches against the Jags by Antonio today. I need to apologize to him because I was calling for him to actually be cut before BRob got shot. Like many on here, I wad tired of the team trying to put a square peg into a round hole experiment. He is not an in between 20 carry running back, doesn’t hit or read the hole like a true running back, hesitates and the doesnt show the 4.3 speed and of course fumbles too much. 

I love how Scott used him on Sunday, spread him around, limited his carries, and Gibby showed some speed and great hands. I also heard he actually volunteered to do kickoff returns which is surprising since he could have pouted after it was apparent BRob was gonna start. If we continue to spread the ball around even when BRob returns, how will defenses game plan? We obviously will have games where we will need to rely on the run game and BRob will be such a great fit for that plus he has hands too. 

I just wanted to show some appreciation for Antonio! Hail Gibby!

Perhaps the best comp for him is Cordarelle Patterson.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

The **** is this dude made off?! Adamantium?? Man I cant wait to see this dude. Gotta be my favorite player without the word Comb in his name to never take a snap. 

I am so amped about this team. That's cool as hell. He's waited his entire life to play in the NFL and nothing is stopping him.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The **** is this dude made off?! Adamantium?? Man I cant wait to see this dude. Gotta be my favorite player without the word Comb in his name to never take a snap. 

It gets better 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I am so amped about this team. That's cool as hell. He's waited his entire life to play in the NFL and nothing is stopping him.

I’m really hoping if he’s back for the titans game they do what they did for Terry Sunday. Introduce him last and let the crowd lose its mind 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I feel you! Dude is nuts....I really try not to get too excited about this team but **** like this messes that up for me. How could you not be rooting for this kid at this point? I know his parents have to be so proud of him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I feel you! Dude is nuts....I really try not to get too excited about this team but **** like this messes that up for me. How could you not be rooting for this kid at this point? I know his parents have to be so proud of him. 

Yeah, I've been pretty indifferent for years, but since we traded for Wentz, I've been having to hold it down.

I'm done with that. I'm excited. I like this team. I like the blue collar mentality of our players. I like the redemption story with Wentz. I like BRob coming back to be a monster between the tackles and Chase coming back in november to a DLine that could be one of the leagues best. I like this team,. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2