Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attack on the FBI building in Cincinnati (Suspect dead. Was at Capitol on Jan 6)

Cooked Crack

2 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I don’t have one ounce of religion in me, but I pray to god you are correct and we are wrong. 

It's based on nothing...I just refuse to believe that we are faced with a crisis so drastically different than the ones from the past. People love to say things like "it's never been like this" but in learning about history, that's really tough to believe. I mean, we actually HAD A CIVIL WAR. It's also hard for me to fathom that the civil unrest and divisiveness that we see today is worse than it was in other times throughout history (1960s, for example).

Maybe I'm wrong, but PART of what gives me hope is every generation's need to believe that they are living in a unique and special time in history (along with our actual generation's need to overexaggerate everything). I just really can't fathom a United States like either side describes. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I just refuse to believe that we are faced with a crisis so drastically different than the ones from the past.

What makes things different now than in the past is the internet.  40 years ago, old dudes had their morning coffee at McDonalds and ****ed about politics in between conversations about sports and the weather.  Nowadays, everyone has a voice via the little rectangle in their pocket that can reach a lot further than the group of old men at McDonalds.  40 years ago, you had to seek out politics vs. now it’s 24/7 propaganda that you can’t escape if you try.  There’s also more money in it than ever before as a result.  

I’m inclined to believe like you, that things aren’t as bad as they seem.  But it’s all of the above that gives me pause.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

21 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's based on nothing...I just refuse to believe that we are faced with a crisis so drastically different than the ones from the past. People love to say things like "it's never been like this" but in learning about history, that's really tough to believe. I mean, we actually HAD A CIVIL WAR. It's also hard for me to fathom that the civil unrest and divisiveness that we see today is worse than it was in other times throughout history (1960s, for example).

Maybe I'm wrong, but PART of what gives me hope is every generation's need to believe that they are living in a unique and special time in history (along with our actual generation's need to overexaggerate everything). I just really can't fathom a United States like either side describes. 

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I must really have my head in the sand, in both directions.

When I read stuff here, you would think we are one election away from Trump being Supreme Chancellor. When I have conversations with my right-wing friends, they swear that everything happening currently in government is part of a global takeover with like 10 powerful families pulling the strings. 

I float through life 99.99% sure that 40 years from now (if I'm still alive) we'll have had 10 more elections and people will have ****ed and moaned about more or less the same type of **** like we always have...

It's another conspiracy theory about a global takeover. If true, the Republicans are right there in the thick of it. The only true thing is that authoritarian governments are trying to increase their numbers. Ask your friends if they think that authoritarians are part of the 10 families.

10 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I actually agree with this guy.

Arrest all of the Trumps and their accomplices. 

Yes, but irony is lost on this guy.

Trump continuing to make veiled threats:

Edited by China

Trump says temperature ‘has to be brought down’ after FBI search, then repeats attacks

Former President Trump on Monday said his aides have reached out to the Department of Justice (DOJ) to offer “whatever we can do to help,” saying the “temperature has to be brought down” after a spike in threats against law enforcement following the FBI’s search of his Mar-a-Lago estate.

“Whatever we can do to help — because the temperature has to be brought down in the country,” Trump told Fox News. “If it isn’t, terrible things are going to happen.” 

Click on the link for the full article

So, like the efforts he made to cool things down in those three hours rioters were storming the US Capitol?

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

52 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's another conspiracy theory about a global takeover. If true, the Republicans are right there in the thick of it. The only true thing is that authoritarian governments are trying to increase their numbers. Ask your friends if they think that authoritarians are part of the 10 families.

Well, that's actually a good point...they do believe that both Republicans and Democrats are in on it. I failed to mention that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I see...I don't know though. I just don't think he has the support people fear he does. I have talked to plenty of people who voted for him, hate Biden, etc. who really want him to go away. And that's not because they don't like him. They do. But they don't think he's the future of their party. They seem to rotate on who they like (it's been DeSantis, Haley, and others). 

I see lots of them who don't want him to win the nomination because they think he'll lose

Not one who would have any trouble at all, voting for him. 

A lot of it makes sense, if you assume that their value system consists of:  

1). Get power. 
2). Nothing else. 

1 hour ago, China said:

His junior high history teacher. 

But he knows better than she did. And he's gonna fire her, too. That'll show her.  And her red ink. 

Must be following Trump's lead...

Fox & Friends’ Begs Trump to Make Supporters Lay Off FBI

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-and-friends-begs-donald-trump-to-make-supporters-lay-off-fbi-after-mar-a-lago-raid?via=twitter_page

With rhetoric of civil war and armed rebellion against federal law enforcement spreading online like wildfire, Fox & Friends decided it was time to turn down the temperature Monday.

“So many supporters of Donald Trump have used this opportunity to go against the FBI,” host Steve Doocy said. “They’re barking up the wrong tree. Don’t blame the FBI.”

Yeah, you're attacking the wrong people. Who you really need to be attacking is (fill in Dem politician names here)...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Must be following Trump's lead...

Fox & Friends’ Begs Trump to Make Supporters Lay Off FBI

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-and-friends-begs-donald-trump-to-make-supporters-lay-off-fbi-after-mar-a-lago-raid?via=twitter_page

With rhetoric of civil war and armed rebellion against federal law enforcement spreading online like wildfire, Fox & Friends decided it was time to turn down the temperature Monday.

“So many supporters of Donald Trump have used this opportunity to go against the FBI,” host Steve Doocy said. “They’re barking up the wrong tree. Don’t blame the FBI.”

Yeah, you're attacking the wrong people. Who you really need to be attacking is (fill in Dem politician names here)...

I'm willing to bet that the change is occurring, because the polling data suggests that open terrorism costs them more votes than it gets them.  

We all know that it's not because of morality.  

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I'm willing to bet that the change is occurring, because the polling data suggests that open terrorism costs them more votes than it gets them.  

We all know that it's not because of morality.  

I guess thats a good sign then

• Like 2

The dude who doxxed FBI agents after Mar-A-Lago raid… just got doxxed

Meet Garrett Ziegler.

He’s the anti-LGBTQ ex-Trump aide who tried to sic the MAGA militia on the family members of purported FBI agents who raided Mar-a-Lago last week by posting their personal information, including the names of their children, on the far-right social media platforms Telegram and Truth Social.

“This is one of the two feds who signed the ‘Receipt for Property’ form, which detailed—at a very high level—the fishing expedition that the FBI performed at Mar-a-Lago,” the 26-year-old posted, along with the FBI agents’ date of birth, work emails, and links to their alleged family members’ social media accounts, including children.

“Hope he doesn’t get a good night’s sleep for the rest of 2022,” he responded to another person’s Truth Social post that included photos of one of the alleged FBI officials who signed off on the inventory receipts on the warrant.

The posts, which were a potential violation the first federal statute (18 U.S.Code §119), which makes it illegal to knowingly release to the public the restricted personal information of a covered person or their family member, were taken down shortly after Ziegler published them, but not before they were widely circulated among the MAGA mob.

Click on the link for the full story

• Thumb down 3

On 8/14/2022 at 1:07 PM, tshile said:

I think you can have an extremely small portion of people who think they’re in a civil war - and do things like this because of it - but the vast majority don’t feel that way. 

I’d like to think I’m vigilant of being naive or ignorant about it - so I’d like to think I’m not blind to it

but I don’t think the vast majority have what it takes to do a real civil war, and I don’t even think they want that nor do they think it would be good. 

What I don’t know his how that 30-40% will act if they actually try to put Trump in prison. If you truly believe that this is all the result or weaponizing government agencies against you (the collective you that is republicans) then who knows what you’re willing to do. 

the rhetoric is a bit alarming. It’s not unreasonable to think that it could create something that becomes out of control and its own monster of sorts. 

On 8/15/2022 at 1:02 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yes @tshile  I know you'd like to think you're not blind to it, but to some degree, you are. The idea that "It can't happen here" is one of the biggest challenges emergency managers/planners have to deal with. Another of the big fallacies we deal with, as illustrated by @88Comrade2000's comment below is, "Well, if it does happen, the authorities will come to the rescue." I'm sorry but it can happen here and no, nobody's coming to the rescue. I'm pretty sure the Germans in the Weimar Republic thought pretty much as you guys do. Moreover, you may recall that I myself thought a Tя☭mp election so impossible, that I smugly voted for Tя☭mp in the Georgia primary because I felt Tя☭mp getting the nom was the best way to guarantee Hillary the win. I was dumb enough once to trust in the good sense and decency of the 'Muricun voter but now my eyes have been opened to exactly who and what a significant part of this country actually is.

Now I'll readily admit that just because it can happen, doesn't mean it will. However, we've repeatedly seen dictators rise to power before and a lot of the same telltale steps are being taken in this country. What I'd like to at least get you all to do is seriously entertain the notion than it can in fact happen here and to look objectively at what's actually going on. Don't take my word for it though. Just do a search of credible sources on the topic.

On 8/14/2022 at 4:55 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

If those magas wants civil war, bring it on. Let's see how those maga bums with their AK47s, AR15s, etc... fair against the US military.  They want to die, would have no problem seeing our military wipe them out.

That's why there will never be a true civil war unless maga has control of parts of the military. It's true alot of the bases are in maga eras but for them to fight the US; they would have to control of the military and weapons in their areas. While I have no doubt some military members would join the maga army; I can't see them getting to much.

I don't think many of them, if any are expecting to fight pitched battles. Instead, they're planning for an insurgency. Yes, the police/military could find and squash some cells, but it would be awfully difficult to completely stop them because their M.O. has been to rely on lone wolf operators without centralized control. One or two people with the right equipment and training could do a lot of damage. One need only look at what they've already done or attempted so far, how the Iraqis/Afghans used IEDs, or what the Ukrainians are doing with drones to know what to expect. Not pretty.

The "good" news is that I expect Tя☭mp or DeathSantis will win the next election so that will just mean more quiet erosion of democracy until it exists in name only.

42 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Instead, they're planning for an insurgency. Yes, the police/military could find and squash some cells, but it would be awfully difficult to completely stop them because their M.O. has been to rely on lone wolf operators without centralized control. One or two people with the right equipment and training could do a lot of damage. One need only look at what they've already done or attempted so far, how the Iraqis/Afghans used IEDs, or what the Ukrainians are doing with drones to know what to expect. Not pretty.

The "good" news is that I expect Tя☭mp or DeathSantis will win the next election so that will just mean more quiet erosion of democracy until it exists in name only.

One aspect that doesn’t get enough attention is the number of combat veterans, who tend to lean Right and just spent 20 years learning insurgency operations, who are still on active duty and I don't necessarily trust their allegiances.  Or they are recent veterans who could easily be a 10x force multiplier if the wrong person got inside their heads and gave them bad ideas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Sisko said:

The idea that "It can't happen here" is one of the biggest challenges emergency managers/planners have to deal with

This isn’t to take away from your overall post, at all. 

but I don’t think it can’t happen here. 

I just think it isn’t that, now. 

I think we got a lot of people saying a lot of bold things they aren’t willing or capable of backing up. 

and a small number of people that will back it up, but will fail because they overestimate their teams size, strength, and commitment to whatever dumb**** cause they think they’re championing. 

I’ll go back to when the woman was shot on 1/6. 

an angry mob that was legit ready to turn over our government on the spot - that’s the queue where it all starts to happen. 

instead everyone shut up and moved to the side to let the police and emt’s  handle it. 

we got people crying about prison conditions after being arrested for it. 

I get there are some people that will do some things. 

from where I sit 99% of them are full of ****. 

as a gambling man I’m ok with calling them on their bull**** to. 

I’d love for them to try it. So when it’s over whoever is left will finally have to shut the **** up about it. I can’t stand people who are full of ****. Especially when it’s about pretending to be some badass they’re nowhere close to being. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1