Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attack on the FBI building in Cincinnati (Suspect dead. Was at Capitol on Jan 6)

Cooked Crack

Hate to say it, but civil wars nowadays are fought by lone idiots doing the violence after being whipped up by those who are actually causing the war.

What do y'all think a guy in a suicide vest thinks he's doing? Why do you think he's doing it.

This is exactly the same scenario. Media / Imam / revolutionary.. take your pick, in most of the civil wars being fought over the last 30+ years are caused by rhetoric sending individuals into action.

People think civil war means armies and battles..  don't be ignorant. You haven't seen that in decades or more. Civil War looks exactly like what were seeing. Lone wolf idiots murdering innocents, acting on propaganda sent by people who WANT to inspire them to do what they do.

Evil takes root because good people refuse to believe evil is happening. It's just a lone wolf, it's just a crazy, they say.

Yeah, it is. But he's not alone, and he's crazy by design.

Best believe it. It's here and it is happening right in front of your face. 

~Bang

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I don’t know I tend to subscribe to this definition:

A civil war is a high-intensity conflict, often involving regular armed forces, that is sustained, organized and large-scale. Civil wars may result in large numbers of casualties and the consumption of significant resources.

I agree...no offense @Bang but a lone wolf here and there (even with the frequency we see mass shootings in this country) doesn't rise to the level of a civil war. If attacks like that were happening multiple times per day on either side, I'd tend to agree. But these are still extremely isolated. 

• Like 1

So what do you call these long protracted terrorist actions meant to overthrow a government that happen all around the world for the last several decades? A collection of isolated incidents with the same goal? 
Y'all seem to think it takes two sides to fight a war..and it does, but all one side has to provide is victims for the other and the result and reasoning for it are the same.

it isn't the world you think it is. war is no longer what you think it is.

that guy yesterday went to war. The guy in Buffalo went to war. Do you doubt that?
These lone wolfs keep committing acts of war and we all say afterward that they were exhorted to violence, and we don't make the connection. This is EXACTLY how terrorist organizations work.
Right now Fox news and the right wing media machine are TRYING to have violence committed on this judge who signed the warrant. Do you doubt it?
Last night they happily show a photoshop of him getting a footrub from Ghislaine Maxwell on a prvate plane.

War. Look at the (pedophile) judge who (****s kids) is on a private (kid ****ing playground) plane getting a massage by (pedophile trafficker) Maxwell.

How can it NOT  be obvious? They have been calling liberals pedophiles out loud in public for years now. Inventing the most disgusting scenarios they can think of to pretend to have justification for it. 
if someone does take a shot at them, are they a lone wolf? 
**** no they're not. 
This IS war. This IS how it works.

But because it is domestic, as I have said, we won't recognize it as such. We will pretend this is disorganized (it is) we will tell ourselves they are just lone wolfs( they are) and we will all know it's not so innocent but we won't say it. The military will not become involved and each incident will be handled as an individual police matter.

and we know it's not, because the connections are there. The intent of the connection, (the propaganda) is CRYSTAL CLEAR. They have attempted a violent coup, they have then defended it in every way possible, they have made heroes of these traitors that THEY exhorted to violence. They continually play the "what about" game with murderers like Kyle Rittenhouse, and every single shooter they downplay or point at the left. They sent out a ****ing memo on how to get Uvalde to go away, how to manipulate the news.)

Best wake up. It's beyond the time to get ready. This will not be voted away, this will not be wished away, this will not be ARRESTED away. These people are not playing around, and they will continue to inspire acts of war. 
Against you. Against whoever happens to be there when their next 'lone wolf' goes to battle.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

@Bang

Federal agencies like DHS are begging congress for ability to treat your threat similar to how they treat other terrorism issues that originate from overseas, they know what time it is now.

But while civil unrest and domestic terrorism can be part of a lead up to civil war (like we've seen in other countries), I don't agree that's a sign we are already in a civil war.  The military and federal government have not fractured to the point that we aren't sure who's in charge of the country or a clear breakaway asking for legitimacy like our first civil war.

This ain't good, but I don't agree we in official civil war territory.  Not sure what it's going to take, but these bammas have another thing coming if we start treating them like we do ISIS (and it will be noticeable):

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2022/05/26/u-s-senate-republicans-block-bill-requiring-agencies-to-monitor-domestic-terrorism/

• Like 2

I think folks are looking for ways to not start seeing it. "official" civil war is no longer applicable in today's world. 

Not sure what it'll take.
A coordinated attack on the Capitol by the same group for the same reasoning behind the lone wolf attacks, pushed by the same people, by the same leadership and propaganda groups?

Or another one?

Like I said, you don't have to think you're in a fight to find yourself in a fight. You don't have to call it a war, but if your enemy does that is what it is. The definition given above of civil war is woefully out of date and way too broadly sweeping to fit most of them. That is how it was done in the last century. Terrorism is now warfare. Isolated yet totally connected. Designed to make the population capitulate out of fear of when and where the next will happen.

What else is that called? War Lite?

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bang said:

I think folks are looking for ways to not start seeing it. "official" civil war is no longer applicable in today's world. 

A coordinated attack on the Capitol by the same group for the same reasoning behind the lone wolf attacks, pushed by the same people, by the same leadership and propaganda groups?

Or another one?

Like I said, you don't have to think you're in a fight to find yourself in a fight. You don't have to call it a war, but if your enemy does that is what it is. The definition given above of civil war is woefully out of date and way too broadly sweeping to fit most of them. That is how it was done in the last century. Terrorism is now warfare. Isolated yet totally connected. Designed to make the population capitulate out of fear of when and where the next will happen.

What else is that called? War Lite?

~Bang

Civil unrest?

Civil unrest means the gathering of more than one person, in reaction to an event, with the intention of causing a public disturbance inclusive of violent protests or disorder (excluding peaceful demonstrations), riots, arson, looting, occupation of institutional buildings, border infringements and armed insurrection in violation of the law.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bang said:

This isn't the only country to look for civil unrest or civil wars to reference to in this conversation.

Civil unrest in my mind is an organized protest, an organized group with a message or demand. They may turn violent. Takeovers and such hve happened in our past. Some have been quite violent, others not.
Maybe my thinking is out of date in regards to the term?

Jan 6 I'd call a civil unrest event, but I'd also say wars have begun on such things. There were armed factions within it who were intent on going to war that day.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

GOP Rep. Liz Cheney criticizes Republicans 'attacking the integrity of the FBI'

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., called out fellow Republicans Thursday for their criticism of the FBI in the hours and days after its agents searched the Florida home of former President Donald Trump.

"I have been ashamed to hear members of my party attacking the integrity of the FBI agents involved with the recent Mar-a-Lago search. These are sickening comments that put the lives of patriotic public servants at risk," Cheney tweeted on Thursday, shortly after Attorney General Merrick Garland spoke at the Justice Department about the search.

FBI Director Christopher Wray on Wednesday denounced the threats circulating online against federal agents and the Justice Department, calling them "deplorable and dangerous."

Click on the link for the full article

Meh, one less Tя☭mp voter.

Bang is on the right track though. I don't think I'd call it a civil war...yet. I'd say it's a nascent insurgency at this point. Malcolm Nance has an acronym for it - T.I.T.U.S., Tя☭mp Insurgency in the US. In any event, I've accepted that other than a change of heart by non-Tя☭mp RepubliKlans, or just dumb luck, an insurgency of some kind if the Dems win the next POTUS election or a low key police state if they don't is what's in our future, so the only thing to do is plan for it. We fully expect to have "un-assed" the A.O. by the time that 💩 ramps up. "But wait, that can't happen here!" said Weimar US citizen more concerned about celebrity gossip than the real world around them.

One thing I can give the right-wing is that they'd be using something like this in myriad ways to motivate their base if this had been done to a right-wing terrorist group. Instead, the left just whines for a minute and then moves on to the next thing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I hope all those people enjoy their lifetime membership to the watch list. 😌

Actually, I'd oppose that. 

As long as all they do is stand there, I'm willing to call it a protected political protest. Yes, even while carrying weapons. 

I might laugh at them. Might consider them anti-American. But I don't think this, by itself, justifies increased government attention. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Larry said:

Actually, I'd oppose that. 

As long as all they do is stand there, I'm willing to call it a protected political protest. Yes, even while carrying weapons. 

I might laugh at them. Might consider them anti-American. But I don't think this, by itself, justifies increased government attention. 

Seeing this post in a thread about what one armed individual angry at the FBi tried to do to an FBI Building...these events are not occurring in a vacuum, absolutely government needs to know where this protest is coming from and if more are coming (if they don't already).

And if they were minorities, they'd be lucky to jus be on a watchlist.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 4

Being in protests that have remained peaceful have led to people being put on watchlists.

It depends on the protest and the endgame of those involved, whether it was that particular day or not.

These people pose a threat.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

one of the reasons i don't post much in the main political threads the last few months is i've kind of hit a wall that's been building for many years but really got going from 2015 on when i saw that this nation was so full of human garbage (i make no apologies for use of that term on any ethical, moral, or intellectual ground) that would support such an obvious cosmic-level of human garbage like djt (and family) as not only a suitable potus  while simultaneously being able to hate hillary (who i thought was quite flawed but also quite remarkable and competent) with all the intensity these gibbering fools can muster, but also as some sort of  'cultural hero' and even 'savior of xtianity' (another demographic that includes huge segments of its membership lowering themselves to sewer level)

that wall is characterized by seeing nothing other than a thorough, literal, culling (obviously not pragmatic) as a solution to the problem, or at minimum a very thorough and widespread legal/political/sociocultural repression over a very long time time of the kind of rancid meatsacks that make up 80% or more of the entire "right wing"' of american politics and that is still theoretically possible

ii say this as someone that believes the dems as a group have a deep pool of dumbassery, incompetence, and even dangerous traits/ways/policies too and i have never in my life identified as a dem although i've always 'liked' them more as a group and thought that demographic had a ton more of people of higher basic intelligence and greater decency (usually by a large margin) than the gop constituency overall

so my stance these days is ther's no good reason to 'debate' with that 80-plus percent just based on their own behaviors....even 90% of the 'non-trump conservatives' default to 'anybody but any dem'---even if it means trump again---no matter what...so i hope somehow the non-garbage types however they identify will be active enough socially and politically to wage and win what will be a long slow battle over years with the sewer rats

and very importantly obviously, not just online...consider serving on your local school boards or at least attend meetings and participate, pursue election volunteerism in every way you can, etc....bang and i will continue to work on the 'inglorious basterd's' end :806:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1