Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Jacoby named semi finalist for the Hall of Fame

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Kind of sucks that even if he gets in it's under a team name he never played for because of a loser owner that he never played for. 

While the teams they played for are talked about during the ceremonies and speeches etc., no NFL player actually goes in the HOF under a specific team name. This has come up a lot with players who played for multiple teams or won SBs with multiple teams, like Peyton Manning. The reality was and is that it doesn’t matter because the player isn’t inducted as a member of any team. It only comes up in the speeches. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

He would have been a first ballot HOFer if he had been drafted in the first round rather than being an UDFA.

NFL is so ****ed up - their show on Top Ten UDFA of all time didn't include Jacoby, but had Wayne Chrebet.... seriously, wtf?

I bet they included Tony Romo. Amirite?

On 7/9/2022 at 7:36 PM, Playaction2Sanders said:

Anyone who had to block LT as many times as he had and did as good of a job as he did should be in...

And Reggie White.....en route to winning three Super Bowls and being named an all decade lineman. Jacoby headed up a line that neutralized two of the greatest defensive players of all time in Taylor and White. He's an HOFer for sure. It's a crime he's not in. His line won three SB's with 3 different QB's and 3 different RB's....(Riggins, Smith, Byner). It'll never happen again. 

• Like 1

He won't get in as long as the same old fossils who only understand fame in the literal sense, rather than the technical aspects of the game, are voting on this. An actual scouting report on a left tackle might as well be in a foreign language if someone like Peter King tried to read it. When you get past the obvious first ballot guys who you know are going in before they're even done playing, it's all kind of a joke. Players like Jacoby will always get the short end of the stick cause too few voters are actually football people. 

Edited by Berggy9598

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Would be great for our rebranding, and our ratings for the NFL, but I think it comes down to dastardly dan.

On 7/9/2022 at 11:03 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I was told on FB that the reason he hasn’t been voted in to the HOF yet is cause of no support from other owners, media, and voting body because of Snyder. 

I guess that could be an explanation…..would be pretty rude of them though, in my opinion 

As much as I'd like to blame Dan Snyder for...well, everything wrong in life, I just don't believe that Snyder is the reason he's being held back.  If so, that would be pretty shortsighted of the voters.  I mean, I don't believe Dan Snyder would surface in public for Jacoby's HoF induction and try to steal any spotlight.  I don't think he did for Darrell Green or Art Monk.

But whatever, this is bull****.  Here's the All Decade Team for the 80s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_1980s_All-Decade_Team

Most of these guys are in.  Some of the second teamers, especially on the defense aren't.  But, IMO, if you are on an All Decade Team, first or second team doesn't matter, you should be in HOF.  

• Like 2

I honestly don't know why the hall hasn't considered adding the group as a whole. 30 years later, The "Hogs" are one of the most impactful group of men to ever influence the game.  Have 5-7 smaller busts and induct the group. The sum was greater than the parts.

• Like 3

“Joe Jacoby, absolutely a Hall Of Famer...far as I know, one of the criteria for the Hall is, were you amongst the absolute best during the course of your career. Joe Jacoby was amongst the best of his generation. The game was played quite differently back then, the rules somewhat favored us guy's coming off the edge. There were a good handful of quality pass rushers, Joe dealt with them all. Big guy, tough guy, long reach, was a pain in the ass to deal with. Listen our games against the Redskins during that era were absolute wars, me and Joe were right in the middle of it every time. Again, so many battles over so many years. Bottom line, the guy played for 60 minutes every game, never backed down, just a ton of respect for Joe and all the guys from those Redskins teams.” – Lawrence Taylor, HOF Class of 1999

• Like 3