Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Fourth of July

SkinsGuy

Happy 4th, ES! Watched fireworks last night from the backyard of my parents new (but currently unlivable) house in Oxford MD, on the tread-Avon river. 

going to watch a capitol 4th tonight, after a cigar and beer on the deck. Just the way today should be celebrated :) 

• Like 1

A man dressed like Darth Vader bumped into the hot dog-eating GOAT while downing his 17th hot dog. The protestor, apparently protesting an animal rights issue in Utah, held a sign reading “EXPOSE SMITHFIELD DEATHSTAR.

image.jpeg.f2f45c87765ef3ccf582eca3608cc4a2.jpeg

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I grilled burgers for the family, I set my money on fire in the form of fireworks, and I still got home at a reasonable hour.  God bless America!  

Watching my wife and daughter run around laughing and dancing with sparklers was beautiful.  One of those moments that sneaks up on you and makes you feel like things are good and the universe has been kind.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

So why the **** is the 1812 overture the go to for 4th of July fireworks? 🤔

How many other works do you know of that use cannons as instruments?

I, personally, grant Tchaikovsky honorary American status.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I think the 6am conference calls are the real crimes here.

Mine was with people in Munich, hers with London. She’s convinced the Brits go out of their way to schedule early calls with her every July 5 just as a passive aggressive retaliation for our independence from them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I suspect part of my hatred towards these yokels setting them off all night is that Va Beach was mostly fireworks free growing up. I remember Mt Trashmore having a show, but if I recall you had to drive to NC or further west  into bfe Virginia to actually purchase fireworks and then hope you didn't get caught by the 5-0 setting them off. I don't remember it sounding like a recreation of the bombing of London as a kid. 

• Thumb up 1