Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Fourth of July

SkinsGuy

36 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I suspect part of my hatred towards these yokels setting them off all night is that Va Beach was mostly fireworks free growing up. I remember Mt Trashmore having a show, but if I recall you had to drive to NC or further west  into bfe Virginia to actually purchase fireworks and then hope you didn't get caught by the 5-0 setting them off. I don't remember it sounding like a recreation of the bombing of London as a kid. 

My buddies dad had a house on the Lynnhaven River. We'd go out on his boat and launch all kinds of rockets n such. This was mid 1980s.

It wasn't until the 1990s that I remember all the Phantom fireworks type mega stores being a thing. Drove from DC to Breezewood PA on 4th of July 96. My brother n I bought like hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks. Always thought it was weird that Pennsylvanians couldn't legally by fireworks there but us yokels from outta state could. 

• Haha 1

I’ve grown up setting off big fireworks. We put on shows at the lake. My folks are much older now - so, we just watch other people do what we used to do. 

although people have gone nuts with all the controllers and rigging up of giant shows. We didn’t have that growing up. The cost of that stuff made it not doable for us. 

the people we watch now spend somewhere between $5,000 and $10,000 on their shows. It’s on their grass on the lakefront side. We just cruise around and night watching it all. Park when a show is going well, move on when they hit intermission. Etc. 

There is a safe way to do it. No one ever got hurt in my 25 years of doing it. 

most people are dumb and don’t do it right. 

the first step: realize you’re holding an explosive and treat it as such

that is the step where most people make their main/big mistake. People treat fireworks the same way they treat driving a car - which is why we have so many DUI related deaths and people causing accidents cause they’re dicking around on their phone while driving a quarter ton piece of metal down the road at 70 mph alongside a bunch of other people dicking around on their phones. 

also people who complain about the noise are lame. Learn how to have some fun ffs. Life’s too short to deal with people like you. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

the first step: realize you’re holding an explosive and treat it as such

that is the step where most people make their main/big mistake. People treat fireworks the same way they treat driving a car owning a gun - which is why we have so many DUI gun related deaths and people causing accidents involved in road rage incidents cause they’re dicking around on their phone with their gun while driving a quarter ton piece of metal down the road at 70 mph alongside a bunch of other people dicking around on their phones with their guns.

Saw this and thought the substitution seemed appropriate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tshile said:

also people who complain about the noise are lame. Learn how to have some fun ffs. Life’s too short to deal with people like you. 

One year my brother n I were lighting fireworks off at his house. The good Chinese stuff from South Carolina. Well this dude pulls up in a minivan all pissed off raging about the noise and how he's gotta work at 4am. Dude was legit ready to fight over it. 🤣

Anyone with dogs can generally tell you how much your ****ty fireworks suck. I suspect anyone with ptsd from shootings hate them too. But yeah, those people are lame. Not the ****tards setting them off in a state that already has wildfires every summer. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone with dogs can generally tell you how much your ****ty fireworks suck. I suspect anyone with ptsd from shootings hate them too. But yeah, those people are lame. Not the ****tards setting them off in a state that already has wildfires every summer. 

its july

rake your ****ing leaves already

(I own dogs. Don’t care. PTSD I do care about but idk how to handle it if I’m unaware of someone’s condition. )

4 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Had a golden retriever growing up that loved chasing jumping jack's. She was crazy tho. Chewed the side mirrors off of two of my folks cars. 🐕

I have a golden doodle. 

she is such an awesome dog. Everyone loves her. 

She is so incredibly dumb though. I’ve never owned a dog this dumb. She can’t find the kids when they’re hiding - which I’ve always owned dogs my whole life and never seen once. She doesn’t know people are on my property unless they walk in the door and go “HEY EVERYONE!” It’s nuts. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

I have a golden doodle. 

She is so incredibly dumb though. 

Got more of the golden n less of the poodle. 🤣

So the golden retriever what chewed the mirrors off my folks car had two litters of puppies. We kept one from the second litter. Sweet dog not the brightest tho. Came home from school one day and he's sitting in the garage eating a bag of sea shells from a school field trip years prior. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, tshile said:

PTSD I do care about but idk how to handle it if I’m unaware of someone’s condition.

By not getting your own fireworks and setting them off.  Most vets with issues will get a hotel room for the night elsewhere if they live near a planned fireworks location.  But they can't avoid unplanned fireworks. 

17 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

By not getting your own fireworks and setting them off.  Most vets with issues will get a hotel room for the night elsewhere if they live near a planned fireworks location.  But they can't avoid unplanned fireworks. 

This was my neighborhood from Saturday until last night when they all finished their "leftovers"...Monday night didn't stop till about 2:15 am Tuesday.  I slept most of Sunday and Monday because I knew I'd get no sleep Monday night and my cats would be freaking out & running around chasing each other every time a bang went off.  (Ms. Kitty is the calmest of the 3 because she had lived out on the deck since '14, until I brought her inside in '20.)

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Well. You know. That’s the only thing that’s ever made me pause. 

As I said - we don’t do them anymore anyways, just watch other. 

but yeah I’ll consider that

the horse and dog people can go kick rocks though.  (Tons of horses around me. I live next to a training center as well as a state park favored by gorse people)

Edited by tshile
  • Thanks 1