Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

23 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW from the Inquirer in January '22 - The Eagles are the only team in the projected playoff field that has yet to beat a team with a winning record. In fact, each of the other 13 teams have at least two victories over teams who have a winning percentage over . 500

and they finished with a positive record and made the playoffs, so I don't see why that's a knock. They didn't exactly sit on their hands this offseason. I mean it was basically Hurts and the DC's rookie years and they added strengths to their Dline, LBers in a big way and get Graham back, secondary, Oline and one of the best WRs. I don't think anyone was saying they were an awesome team last year, but they were good and have definitely gotten a lot better. 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan said he heard they do like Harmon, not sure if he makes the roster, though.

Unfortunately, I think he is caught in a numbers crunch at WR.

Somethings I remember liking about Harmon:

Good against the zone - seemed to know the pacing to get to the open slots.

Fearless in the middle of the field.

Could break loose from the first tackle attempt - a lot.

Strong in-line and down field blocker.

I hope we get to see him in the pre-season games and I hope he makes the decision hard.  Good luck to you, Kelvin.

:229:The Rook

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

and they finished with a positive record and made the playoffs, so I don't see why that's a knock. They didn't exactly sit on their hands this offseason. I mean it was basically Hurts and the DC's rookie years and they added strengths to their Dline, LBers in a big way and get Graham back, secondary, Oline and one of the best WRs. I don't think anyone was saying they were an awesome team last year, but they were good and have definitely gotten a lot better. 

Yea, I was just backing up what VOR had said in his post.

51 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW from the Inquirer in January '22 - The Eagles are the only team in the projected playoff field that has yet to beat a team with a winning record. In fact, each of the other 13 teams have at least two victories over teams who have a winning percentage over . 500

The Eagles, at least on paper, seriously upgraded their defense this offseason with the addition of Hassan Reddick, Bradbury the corner, two highly graded rookie defensive draft picks out of Georgia. I'm convinced they will be better this year but hope I'm wrong. They also added AJ Brown to pair with Devonta Smith at WR and Goedert the TE. If Jaylen Hurts takes the next step and develops as a passer they will be very tough this season, especially with their easy schedule. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thomas went down pretty early I think. Maybe midseason.

He went down early from one injury, came back and then got the acl injury I believe against the Raiders as he played in that game but not the following week. He only played in 6 games last year so another reason to ease him into the season wouldn’t putting pressure to start game one. 

Y'know what I hate about the argument about beating a team "with a winning record"? It's ambiguous. Do you mean they beat a team that finished the season with a winning record? Or do you mean they beat a team that had a winning record at the time the game was played?

Either way you look at it, the Eagles did in fact beat a team with a winning record. They beat the Saints, who finished 9-8. And they beat the Broncos who were 5-4 at the time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Oh shut up you.  

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Sorry if this was posted this week but I didn't notice it.  It's one heck of a catch by Sims.

And every year we see him not being able to earn more playing time because he isn't that fast, he doesn't run great routes, and he drops critical passes.  

He's good for one or two big games per season, but otherwise, he doesn't get on the field.

This year is going to be interesting:  CLEARLY McClaurin, Dotson and Samuel are your top 3.  Most likely a punt returner (Milne or Ericson) is also active on game-days.

So, then what?  Are Brown and Sims competing for an active spot?  If so, does it go to Sims because I think he also plays special teams?   

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure Cam Sims makes the team and is active on game day, but I hear a number of fellow posters talking about some Simms guy. Maybe both Sims and Simms can make it ;) Although maybe not if both Samuel and Samuels make it too.

Edited by Jericho
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I'm pretty sure Cam Sims makes the team and is active on game day, but I hear a number of fellow posters talking about some Simms guy. Maybe both Sims and Simms can make it ;) Although maybe not if both Samuel and Samuels make it too.

The extra "m" is for those of you who see him and think "Mmmmm"

• Haha 1

Why did we let Andre Carter walk? Now we’re back in the same boat of trying to find a returner who can step in at WR on occasion. He was perfect in that role. He couldn’t have cost that much…

• Like 1

If Harmon & Cam Sims end up making the roster, that's great, it shows they proved themselves, but make no mistake that during the seasons they have been on the team, the coaching staff has been constantly trying to make the roster better so should they end up cut, it's because there are better WRs on the team.

Edited by NoCalMike

15 minutes ago, mojo said:

Why did we let Andre Carter walk? Now we’re back in the same boat of trying to find a returner who can step in at WR on occasion. He was perfect in that role. He couldn’t have cost that much…

Probably because he's 43 and hasn't played in the NFL since 2013. But you're right, he'd probably be cheap. Looks like he is at least available after coaching at LSU last year.

As for DeAndre Carter, cost would be $1,135,000. So not that expensive. Considering he cost $970,000 last year when he came off the scrap heap then it's a little surprising the team didn't try a bit harder.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Probably because he's 43 and hasn't played in the NFL since 2013. But you're right, he'd probably be cheap. Looks like he is at least available after coaching at LSU last year.

As for DeAndre Carter, cost would be $1,135,000. So not that expensive. Considering he cost $970,000 last year when he came off the scrap heap then it's a little surprising the team didn't try a bit harder.

Andre Carter at 43 would have probably produced more than Chase Young last year but that’s another story.

But yea, seems like they were passing over dollars to save pennies when it comes to DeAndre Carter.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dyst said:

The team got scared when they found a returner in Carter so the only logical thing to do is lose him.

Exactly. He was the best returner/receiver we’ve had in probably 20 years.  Makes zero sense.

15 minutes ago, mojo said:

Exactly. He was the best returner/receiver we’ve had in probably 20 years.  Makes zero sense.

Its just funny at this point. We finally found a damn returner who can actually play offense too and poof he is gone. 

Terry, Samuels, Dotson and Carter. That should be our top four. Carter was way more valuable than Dyami, Sims, or Milne.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dyst said:

Its just funny at this point. We finally found a damn returner who can actually play offense too and poof he is gone. 

Terry, Samuels, Dotson and Carter. That should be our top four. Carter was way more valuable than Dyami, Sims, or Milne.

He didn't want to be buried on a depth chart and didn't want to come back.We have Samuels, AG and Dotson that can return kicks.

• Like 3