Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

23 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Those are all good points, but it's the Jags. We should win that.

I really think the Jags will be in contention for that division this year. I think Lawrence is going to have a very 2017 Wentz type of year.

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim's last podcast.

A.  Gibson has had a good camp and responded well to his fumble this week in practice.  They want him to be involved in this offense. 

B.  Steven Parker has had a good camp, hard to keep him off the roster

C.  Chris Paul has looked good, he's been saying this on and off for weeks.

D.  He interviewed Carson.  some of his thoughts including:  Carson likes Northern Virginia, its more his scene than Philly, really out doors type.  He might be evolving as a player-teammate.  He's married and more comfortable.  Players can bond to him more perhaps because of the adversity he went through in recent years.  Doing cook outs with teammates including with Leno and Way.  In short, he thinks Carson mentally might be in a better place than he has been in recent years.   

Speaking of 2017 Wentz, healthy for the first time, wanted, totally all in with everyone and feeling like home. 

1 minute ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Agree on Reaves. Kinda feel like we've heard his name too much to be cut 

Last year he didn't even make the PS and was tweeting that he's ready to go from his couch. He's a favorite in the locker room too. He may just hit the PS this year, but he'll definitely be on the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I really think the Jags will be in contention for that division this year. I think Lawrence is going to have a very 2017 Wentz type of year.

Speaking of 2017 Wentz, healthy for the first time, wanted, totally all in with everyone and feeling like home. 

Last year he didn't even make the PS and was tweeting that he's ready to go from his couch. He's a favorite in the locker room too. He may just hit the PS this year, but he'll definitely be on the team.

Yeah and you had him tweeting out US vs EVERYBODY a couple hours after the Wright comments the other day. Doesnt sound like someone overly worried about getting cut 

• Like 1

8 is a weird number for a huge power back.

This is the first season of the Rivera era where I actually feel like the offense has a real shot at being explosive.  Lots of talent in the backfield and on the edges now.

I'm liking all of this positivity from the camp observers about Jamin Davis.  I have had apprehension about him and have desperately hoping the lightbulb will come on for him and he'll assume more of a leadership role on the defense.  It sounds like he's on the right path.

Edited by Going Commando
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think Ismael and Larson are purely centers. At least that's what I've heard.  Could they play some guard in a pinch, sure.  But I think they are primarily centers.

Honestly in a pinch, I'd rather have a backup center trying guard than a backup guard trying center. Center is difficult and involves a lot more than just blocking. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Davis steps up this year that would be absolutely huge for this defense, in my opinion the last real glaring hole on defense would be filled. Not saying we have all pros at every position but at least we could field a competitive D.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

If Davis steps up this year that would be absolutely huge for this defense, in my opinion the last real glaring hole on defense would be filled. Not saying we have all pros at every position but at least we could field a competitive D.

Man, I can only imagine. This paired with a possible above-average offense? Sky is the limit.

Of course, we don't usually have history or luck on our side...

• Like 4