Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

15 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

Y'know what I hate about the argument about beating a team "with a winning record"? It's ambiguous. Do you mean they beat a team that finished the season with a winning record? Or do you mean they beat a team that had a winning record at the time the game was played?

Either way you look at it, the Eagles did in fact beat a team with a winning record. They beat the Saints, who finished 9-8. And they beat the Broncos who were 5-4 at the time.

I agree with this exception but I will point out that many teams who have winning records but finish with a losing record normally have imposter syndrome. Where they just haven't been exposed yet. This doesn't really count but I think of Pitt in this realm in 2020, they were undefeated but horrible if that makes sense. Also the Lions under Stafford and the Skins under Norv. 

13 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I agree with this exception but I will point out that many teams who have winning records but finish with a losing record normally have imposter syndrome. Where they just haven't been exposed yet. This doesn't really count but I think of Pitt in this realm in 2020, they were undefeated but horrible if that makes sense. Also the Lions under Stafford and the Skins under Norv. 

Those teams don't usually attack the offseason like Philly did, though. They knew they weren't good enough. 

We shall see.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Those teams don't usually attack the offseason like Philly did, though. They knew they weren't good enough. 

We shall see.

Philly always stacks the off-season. Remember when they got Ashton Jeffrey, a 6-3 1400 yard WR, then he goes too Philly and was a bum. It's kinda comical

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Philly always stacks the off-season. Remember when they got Ashton Jeffrey, a 6-3 1400 yard WR, then he goes too Philly and was a bum. It's kinda comical

That was because he had a major injury that he never recovered from. 

I can't think of any other big FA moves they've made to justify that "always".

39 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That was because he had a major injury that he never recovered from. 

I can't think of any other big FA moves they've made to justify that "always".

Nmamde Asamagua, Kerrigan, DeSean Jackson, Jordan Howard.

I'm trying to remember the super team they had that fell through but I can't remember the year or the players. But it happened. 

Vince Young. That's his name. Couldn't remember for the life of me. Big signing that didn't work out. 

Edited by Thinking Skins

23 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm trying to remember the super team they had that fell through but I can't remember the year or the players. But it happened. 

You are thinking 2011 with Asamagua, Ronnie Brown, Cullen Jenkins, Dominque Rodgers-cromartie, Jason Babin, Evan Mathis, and Vince Young (although he had been cut by TN, a lot of people believed that Reid would turn him around).

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Vince Young. That's his name. Couldn't remember for the life of me. Big signing that didn't work out. 

Are you really saying Old DJax and shoulda been retired 2 years earlier Kerrigan?  :ols: 

Dude, that was a long time ago. Almost Gibb II long ago. We may have still had Vinny.

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

Alshon Jeffery had two good years with the Eagles before becoming a bum, due to injury. He was their bona fide number one receiver the year they won it all, and he had big plays in the championship game against the Vikings, as well as in first half of the Super Bowl itself. The Patriots had to change what they were doing in the second half, and then Nelson Agholor and Zach Ertz tore them up.

Jeffery was a very good acquisition for the Eagles. There have been plenty who weren't. I'm not arguing that point.

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

He didn't want to be buried on a depth chart and didn't want to come back.We have Samuels, AG and Dotson that can return kicks.

Samuels can’t get in a game. AG fumbles too much and Dotson has not played in an official regular season game. Would have been way more preferable to have kept him. We’ve been struggling with a returner for ages unfortunately 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dyst said:

Samuels can’t get in a game. AG fumbles too much and Dotson has not played in an official regular season game. Would have been way more preferable to have kept him. We’ve been struggling with a returner for ages unfortunately 

You're bringing up all the reasons why the team should want a 4th string WR, and no reasons why a 4th string WR should want to be on the team. Carter wasn't going to get a payday from us. He didn't get one with the Chargers either this year, but he's got a well-established awesome QB and the only players ahead of him on the Chargers depth chart are Keenan Allen and Mike Williams. At 29, this is his last and best chance to score a real contract.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I don't think signing a backup QB to a 1 year, $4 million contract counts as "big". And it seemed to work out just fine for what it was.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

He was a key piece to their SB run...the next year he dropped a key pass late in the New Orleans playoff game or they may have gone back to the SB. Jeffery was also said to be a guy who didn't like Wentz per a column written by Joseph Santaloquito who got quotes from anonymous Eagles players who questioned Wentz as a "me guy". Darren Sprol

55 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I don't think signing a backup QB to a 1 year, $4 million contract counts as "big". And it seemed to work out just fine for what it was.

Young got in trouble after he signed by deeming that years Eagles "The Dream Team". That team never lived up to the hype and Young was blamed by some in the media and some of the fanbase. 

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

You're bringing up all the reasons why the team should want a 4th string WR, and no reasons why a 4th string WR should want to be on the team. Carter wasn't going to get a payday from us. He didn't get one with the Chargers either this year, but he's got a well-established awesome QB and the only players ahead of him on the Chargers depth chart are Keenan Allen and Mike Williams. At 29, this is his last and best chance to score a real contract.

From his perspective, I get why he may want to leave since our team sucks but from our perspective - it sucks losing him for whatever reasons we bring up.

22 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

He was a key piece to their SB run...the next year he dropped a key pass late in the New Orleans playoff game or they may have gone back to the SB. Jeffery was also said to be a guy who didn't like Wentz per a column written by Joseph Santaloquito who got quotes from anonymous Eagles players who questioned Wentz as a "me guy". Darren Sprol

Young got in trouble after he signed by deeming that years Eagles "The Dream Team". That team never lived up to the hype and Young was blamed by some in the media and some of the fanbase. 

What you are saying is true. But think about the absurdity of it all. A backup QB signs with a team. Basically says said team is good. When team isn't as good as some hoped, they blame the backup QB. Even though the backup QB barely played (because he is a backup) and had little relevance on the team's record.

We IR'd Wolf? Did he stub his toe?

Knew Rotemi was hurt, so that makes sense.

So with the addition of TEs Blanton and Hausman, we at least see a net gain of bodies to practice with. Don't know how long Thomas will be restricted or allowed to be full go. Badly needed considering we had LBs running routes.

Hausman went undrafted in 2021 and spent time on various P-squads. He went to Ohio St so he might know a few of our guys.