Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Brian Robinson RB Alabama

PCS

3 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

One of my fav redskins was Stephen Davis. I’d love to see this young man develop into that

I have a "thing" for power running backs, myself.  (You might be able to tell.)  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 4/30/2022 at 2:32 AM, duffy said:

I like the pick. We needed an rb like this.

Gibby is a complimentary back at this point. Not his fault. It's funny now to think so many expected him to be the next cmc. I would love to see him get some reps at both rb and wr now. 

I’d like to see Gibby’s versatility used more, he can run routes etc; this addition really could open up the backfield in a unique way 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 4/30/2022 at 3:08 AM, petey hodge said:

His size and running style remind me of the RB that Michael Westbrook was punching in the face

Davis?

Edit: nvm I'm a little behind in this thread lol

Edited by duffy

23 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

One of my fav redskins was Stephen Davis. I’d love to see this young man develop into that

I'm 33. Stephen Davis was my favorite player and still might be my favorite Redskin off all time. 

• Like 1

So exciting to have a big, strong, fast, talented RB...it has been WAY too long without one!

The fact that is can catch and is awesome in pass protection is such a freaking bonus

Pass protection capability is one of the most underrated talents in football

• Like 2

Just now, JesseNeckred said:

I don't follow college football, so looking into the lineage of RBs he comes from at Alabama excited me.

Robinson was actually picked later than Damien Harris was in his draft.  Even though Damien never had a season like B-Rob's 2021.

They just had a back from Georgia Tech transfer in for this year, too. He is likely to be a top 5 back in the 2023 Draft - Jahmyr Gibbs. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Robinson fills the need for good pass pro back. Also we can have Gibson / McKissic / Curtis Samuel in or around the backfield any given play. Hope it all comes together nicely.

One thing that I haven't seen pointed out is the JDM is coming off season ending injury. We are all in hopes that he makes a full recovery but we have no idea where his head is. That was an ugly hit and I was praying for him. I don't think its crazy to have RB rated as a higher need in case JDM doesn't make a full recovery. 

• Like 2

That's why I give the GM some room to say 'I know my needs better than you do' cause RB is a legit need as soon as one of them go down. And it is very likely that one of them go down at some point in this season. And if you can actually look at our RB room before this draft and think that we are set then I just don't trust your opinion on the team. It makes sense that draft dinks that look at every team don't know ONE team as well as the guy who is putting it together. That's just logical 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That's why I give the GM some room to say 'I know my needs better than you do' cause RB is a legit need as soon as one of them go down. And it is very likely that one of them go down at some point in this season. And if you can actually look at our RB room before this draft and think that we are set then I just don't trust your opinion on the team. It makes sense that draft dinks that look at every team don't know ONE team as well as the guy who is putting it together. That's just logical 

Yeah I remember one draft site listing Center as one of our team needs. It's a joke.

The only media I somewhat trust on knowing our team is Keim. He mentioned running back multiple times leading up to the draft so I knew it was on our Radar.

The overlooked reason this team too B-Rob is his pass blocking. I think it is his number one trait. I do not know how they will get him on the field on third down but he’s like having another guard out there. Strengths where we had weaknesses. Pass blocking, fumbling, short yardage. 

• Like 3

Someone asked me to post what McGinn's scouts said on some of the players we took.  lol, you almost always get some negative in the mix when you talk to enough scouts, but on the aggregate they ranked him as the 4th best RB

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 6.48.23 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise

It has been very obvious ever since the Tampa Bay playoff game that we needed a legit running back. I think this is huge for this team and Gibson still has a role to play.

Wentz should be ecstatic with this pick.... this draft in general. Bruising running back that can catch and block. A speedy, sure hands receiver, help at tightened and help on the o line. Balls in your hands Carson.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

I was talking to a buddy of mine this past weekend and I told him I think you'll see some teams go back to a run-heavy offense.  

I know, I know, it sounds absurd..."BUT SPIFF IT'S A PASSING LEAGUE LOL" and it is.

But as a hypothetical and to illustrate my point for arguments sake, say we woke up tomorrow and we were thrust into the AFC West.  We've got to play Derek Carr, Justin Herbert, Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes 8 times a year.  For a team that's perpetually ****ed at quarterback like us, that's scary.  Thank goodness we don't have world beaters in our current division at QB.  Jalen Hurts, Danny Dimes and Dak being the obvious best in the conference.  Wentz has a chance to be the 2nd best, IMO.

Anyway, back to my point.  If I have to square up against quarterbacks like that multiple times a year, IMO, I think the best way to beat them is to just run the ball and keep them off the field.  I don't want us to get into a shootout with Mahomes, odds are we'll come out on the wrong side of that one.

I'd much rather try to win the time of possession and have the ball for 38 minutes of the game.  Win the time of possession by a strong margin and you'll end up winning the game.  And to do that, just run it.  Ball control offense, old school Marty-ball.  It's not sexy, it's not fun, but I don't want to have to find a guy who can go toe to toe with Mahomes, Wilson, Carr and Herbert.  

IMO, I think Robinson very well might be a step in that direction for us.  At least I hope he is.  The video that @PCSposted was nice...obviously he can hit the open holes that are created for him but he can make some people miss, too.  It looks like he can create something for himself when a hole isn't readily available to him.  He seems to have good vision and I like that he runs angry.  

And if it's true that he's great in pass protection, even better.  IMO, watching Portis run block was awesome.  If he's on that level, that's fantastic.

• Like 2