Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

I think there's a recency bias to this trade.  People just remember his meltdown against the Jags and this "locker room cancer".  Because Wentz was 9th in QBR last season, 11th in 2019, 12th in 2018, and 1st in 2017.  His outlier years were his rookie season (2016) and his last season with Philadelphia in 2020.  

Allen also had a melt down last year against the Jags. The Jags have owned the Colts for years, just like the Saints own the Bucs and the Giants have owned us, until last year. 

It sucks that it was on christmas to make the playoffs and everything in the locker room had already gone south, but there are no gimmes in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Wilson, Prescott, Stafford, Carr, Murray, Jackson, Ryan, Watson, Cousins.  Which three are you taking out?

Prescott, Carr, and Murray

One playoff win between the three of them.  

6 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

I say trade down in the draft now and stack up picks. Draft a wr and a lb and best player available. 

Yes. Pittsburgh,Tampa and New Orleans can trade up to and get their QB.

We trade down to their spot but pick up next year’s #1 and either a 22 -#2 or #3; at minimum.

We can still find someone good; wherever we trade down to.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No, it's just old Kool sipping the upside koolaid with my burgundy colored glasses on.

Best QB this team has had in a very long time and it's not close. This is a Brad Johnson, Mark Boonell type move and I'm here for it. 

I can't imagine a better move that we could have made. We have a top 12 QB and if it doesn't work out we can easily walk away from it and we still have our 1rst rounders.

There is no down side to this.

I want to be where you are, but I don't think I can until I see him throwing passes for us (say August or September)...

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Wilson, Prescott, Stafford, Carr, Murray, Jackson, Ryan, Watson, Cousins.  Which three are you taking out?

Personally I feel like Cousins, Watson and Ryan are easy outs. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I want to be where you are, but I don't think I can until I see him throwing passes for us (say August or September)...

Watch this and try and remember the last time you saw a QB in our uniform making throws like this.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

i even would have preferred jimmy g as a vet with qualities/skills that are decent out of what's available to go with a drafted qb this year

and now if we don't also draft a qb this year it's promising to be another total snyder **** show of a season before ota's start

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What do you all expect for 22 now?

8-9 Wins. Maybe sneak into the playoffs as the 7th seed. Lose in the wild card round like 34-14 and be no where close to a SB. 

Its all about just making the playoffs. Its not real. Theres no further hope for more. Theres no building. Its the ceiling. Its an empty shell run. Its not like hockey where the 8th seeds win a Stanley cup on a regularity. 80% of the games won in the playoffs this year was won by the team with the better QB. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Think this belongs here too...

So, here's the you can't win scenario:

You trade for Jimmy G.

You sign Tribusky to a big deal.

You sign Marriota to a big deal.

You trade a fortune in draft picks and players and hope somehow all 22 women lied about Watson and he is cleared legally and in Goodell's eyes.

You trade for Wentz.

You draft a QB you don't believe in at 11 (They still might do this)

Can you imagine a scenario that would make the fans happy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i even would have preferred jimmy g as a vet with qualities/skills that are decent out of what's available to go with a drafted qb this year

and now if we don't also draft a qb this year...

https://images.app.goo.gl/9BWJ29C7NXqkcS5p9

Jimmy G would have caused an ES conniption.  Mind you, there's no move we could have made that wouldn't have resulted in hollerin' and wailing and screaming that this was the worst possible move we could make.

Mind you, a part of me is hollerin' and wailing and screaming that Wentz was the worst possible move we could make lol.

The biggest issue is the team just gave up a 3rd and 2nd next year, for a guy they could have signed for free when they cut him.  And paid him 28 million instead of 10 million, and left the team with no cap space to improve other areas. Basically the usual from this FO, throw extra money and picks around and end up with your high earners being players like Collins and Samuel.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

The biggest issue is the team just gave up a 3rd and 2nd next year, for a guy they could have signed for free when they cut him.  And paid him 28 million instead of 10 million, and left the team with no cap space to improve other areas. Basically the usual from this FO, throw extra money and picks around and end up with your high earners being players like Collins and Samuel.

They traded two thirds. Now, if they wind up trading a 3rd and a 2nd it probably means we won the trade. 

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Not good...

Wentz struggled with accountability in his last three seasons in Philadelphia and it hurt his standing with teammates and coaches. But it was the torn ACL that ended his 2017 season and denied him the Super Bowl run that revealed character defects and affected him in certain corners of the locker room.

Sometime before the championship game, Wentz voiced his displeasure with the Eagles’ success to a group of other injured players, sources with direct knowledge of the incident said. One of the players immediately confronted him and the two eventually had to be separated.

Wentz certainly had his supporters or those that sympathized with the obstacles he faced in Philly. If he was more successful, others would have likely been willing to overlook some of his personality quirks.

Well that won't happen here. This team won't be making a Superb Owl run any time soon! 😉

Well he's our QB now so might as well spin it positively!  ...he's a fiery competitor that wants to lead and hates watching from the sideline!....

..Anyway, it didn't cost much.  Until the elite superstar comes from somewhere, we need someone who can launch it anywhere near Terry and grasp the "check down-extended run game" thing we do with the RBs.  

Someone here I think posted something about "why not draft QBs literally every single year".  Up your odds of finding a great one.  After watching the last couple years of football, I'm inclined to agree.  Look at the playoffs QBs every year lately.  It's basically all that matters on your team.  We apparently tried for Wilson, made one of the only other available moves, so as least we're not ignoring the situation.   It's very meh, but it's something different, give it a shot. 

I am not over the moon with this- BUT, we did improve this position on our roster. This addition means we keep our 11 , have a great back up QB and now have a qb that has won before and if he does not work out ( no cap hit), we cut him and the hunt goes on. The question now is what do we do with our 11? Trade down? Take a highly rated WR? Take an ILB? (Wagner is still around) It will be interesting to see what everyone thinks vs. what we actually do.