Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

Anyone who has watched the Eagles “All For Nothing” season on Amazon Prime  can clearly see that CW has terrible charisma for a team leadership position.  CW was so cringe that I had to quit that season because of him.  Not worth the picks or the salary.  I score this trade 5 Clowns for WSH

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

If this is how it shakes out then its not really a bad move imo. We needed to do something

If they dont draft a guy though......woof

Wentz was tripping when eagles drafted Hurtz... how do you think he will react to a rookie QB drafted high this time around?   I actually think this move means Wash will not draft a QB in the top 2 rounds this year. 

• Like 1

https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/topic/5399-carson-what-the-f-happened-wentz/?do=findComment&comment=885485

Honestly, it's the perfect franchise for him.  A QB with a dysfunctional career headed to a dysfunctional organization.  With everything that goes on in Washington with that franchise, it'll deflect negative attention from him.

In a million years I never imagined the Eagles would be catching passes from him again….

Which would mean next year SportsCenter will do an awkward 2 minute piece about how Wentz has narrowed it down to a few potential teams while there is a backdrop of him throwing a football in the ocean with his gut flopping around.   PLEASE make that happen.

If you had told me 5 years ago that Wentz would be QBing for the Commanders in 2022, I would have said...

"who the eff are the commanders, some arena league team or something?"

The Eagles message board is lawless and funny as hell

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

If this is how it shakes out then its not really a bad move imo. We needed to do something

If they dont draft a guy though......woof

Agreed, I'm perfectly fine with this if we still draft a first round QB this year.

But if we run out there with Wentz as the longterm answer knowing Taylor will start a game or two in 2022 because Wentz can't stay healthy, shame on us and boo this fn :look I did something" plan.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

if we still draft a first round QB this year.

That should have been the plan to begin with. So why throw away picks? It just doesnt make sense. There is some trash can vet that would come here.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

That should have been the plan to begin with. So why throw away picks? It just doesnt make sense. There is some trash can vet that would come here.

I can see the case for wanting Winston over Wentz right now, talking to my Dad via text about that now. 

But anybody else?  I...I don't know, man, we've backed ourselves into the type of corner that "any veteran QB not named Taylor Heinicke" starting for us next year wasn't going to happen.

We clearly desperately wanted someone with high upside, even if it wasn't high current production, to work from.  Not saying that was the right plan, jus that I never believed someone like Trubisky level player would be starting for us next year based on the way Ron was talking lately.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We clearly desperately wanted someone with high upside,

FA QBs dont have upsides. Or upsides that dont matter. Franchises have realized they wont realize the. The only reason to have a FA QB in this offseason is so you dont have to watch TH noodle arm the ball over the field and not have to throw the QB draft pick in week one to the wolves if hes not ready. 

11 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Wentz was tripping when eagles drafted Hurtz... how do you think he will react to a rookie QB drafted high this time around?   I actually think this move means Wash will not draft a QB in the top 2 rounds this year. 

He (helped) take the eagles to a Superbowl. His career has changed significantly since then and he does not have the pull here he had there. For this price we really dont care if he fails or decides he doesnt want to play. We took a shot, and it really didnt hurt the team to do it. Thats the best kind of low risk high reward play we could make at the moment. 

This is not us trading 3 firsts and our soul for Griffin. We can recover if this ends up being a failure and thats the point of the move. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

FA QBs dont have upsides. Or upsides that dont matter. 

Exactly. Which is why it's so rare for them to hit the open market like say Kirk did.

Having said that, point remains, we weren't going to sign a free agent that a team willingly moved on from, it was always going to be a trade for someone the franchise could pass as a possible immediate solution to our not having a franchise QB problem.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Having said that, point remains, we weren't going to sign a free agent that a team willingly moved on from, it was always going to be a trade for someone the franchise could pass as a possible immediate solution to our not having a franchise QB problem.

And all it really does is tells me that I this franchise isnt serious about winning anything of note or simply doesnt understand the league/position/NFL.

Its all about selling to a fan base. 

• Like 1

Just now, Commander Adama said:

Is that you Carson?

No, it's just old Kool sipping the upside koolaid with my burgundy colored glasses on.

Best QB this team has had in a very long time and it's not close. This is a Brad Johnson, Mark Boonell type move and I'm here for it. 

I can't imagine a better move that we could have made. We have a top 12 QB and if it doesn't work out we can easily walk away from it and we still have our 1rst rounders.

There is no down side to this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1