Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I don't disagree with you but would caution against breaking the bank for either of those two positions. 

Really, LB/CB/RB are now the most urgent needs.

Are there going to be any LB/CB/RB available?

R Jones Rb

D James LB

Only one I can think of.

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

Are there going to be any LB/CB/RB available?

R Jones Rb

D James LB

Only one I can think of.

I guess we have to wait for final cuts to know for sure. I think we have to temper our enthusiasm - it's not like we will find an every down starter in FA. Will be a backup at best.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I don't disagree with you but would caution against breaking the bank for either of those two positions. 

Really, LB/CB/RB are now the most urgent needs.

I don't think you have to break the bank to upgrade on what we have now.    Is Star Lotuleilei still available?     I'm confident there will be cuts who are better than what we have now.

D-Line is a bigger need than RB.  

• Like 1

RBs should be available, they always are, especially for back fill needs.

Its the easiest position to get spot help in outside of kickers n punters.

Need more clarity on the Rob situation before I can say we commit to bringing in another guy tho, but the question is certainty valid facing the unknown as we are

19 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I strongly disagree.  Even with Mathis healthy; We're short.   We have Nothing above average at DE besides Sweat.

You know we aren't going to have 53 all pros on our roster, right?

8 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I don't think you have to break the bank to upgrade on what we have now.    Is Star Lotuleilei still available?     I'm confident there will be cuts who are better than what we have now.

D-Line is a bigger need than RB.  

Wait, you think Star Lotuleilei is an upgrade? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

all pros?  no.   But I'd like fewer JAG's.

Star is better than Daniel Wise.  

I hear you.  Personally, I can’t say for sure that Star (at this point in his career) is for sure better than Wise, particularly when you factor in age/contract.  I also tend to believe that your immediate backup needs to be either a proven vet or young guy with pedigree (Mathis), but the next level of backups should be up-and-coming youngsters with some promise.  Of course DT is a little different because of rotations.

For DE at the moment, JSW/Sweat are your starters, Toohill the immediate backup, followed by Toney/WBK/Obada.  Once Young comes back though, I’d probably move on from Toohill as JSW fits that proven vet backup role (even though he’s still young).

Corner might be the trickiest spot.  DJ gives you a backup to St Juste in the slot (and can play outside), but some of our safeties can also play in the slot, at least to some extent.  So do they keep Elder instead, with Holmes as the 5th guy?  Might come down to whether they like DJ or Elder better for ST…. Or maybe they look at FA for a better backup?

22 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

all pros?  no.   But I'd like fewer JAG's.

Star is better than Daniel Wise.  

Wise just had a great camp. Really good pass rusher and back up to Allen.

You're really splitting hairs for guys who play maybe 15 snaps a game.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I hear you.  Personally, I can’t say for sure that Star (at this point in his career) is for sure better than Wise, particularly when you factor in age/contract.  I also tend to believe that your immediate backup needs to be either a proven vet or young guy with pedigree (Mathis), but the next level of backups should be up-and-coming youngsters with some promise.  Of course DT is a little different because of rotations.

For DE at the moment, JSW/Sweat are your starters, Toohill the immediate backup, followed by Toney/WBK/Obada.  Once Young comes back though, I’d probably move on from Toohill as JSW fits that proven vet backup role (even though he’s still young).

Corner might be the trickiest spot.  DJ gives you a backup to St Juste in the slot (and can play outside), but some of our safeties can also play in the slot, at least to some extent.  So do they keep Elder instead, with Holmes as the 5th guy?  Might come down to whether they like DJ or Elder better for ST…. Or maybe they look at FA for a better backup?

I'm not pushing for Star specifically.  Just a name to throw out there based on his experience with Rivera.   I'm certain there will be other guys out there better than Wise.

Having said all that, LB and CB are bigger problems.    Danny Johnson is a 5th CB.   We need a 4th and possibly someone who can challenge BSJ for #3.

LB is a joke.   Mayo is our 3rd best LB.  Sad.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm not pushing for Star specifically.  Just a name to throw out there based on his experience with Rivera.     

And it was reported earlier in the offseason that we made him a contract offer so that’s a fair call on your part. Maybe it was before we drafted DL, not sure on the timeline there.

Star a good player but I suspect he does not want to play for what he is being offered.

There are players out available Suh and Beckum but they will not play unless they get big money. Beckum more about injury.

LB or CB would be nice but availability could be problem. I think we should add another DE if a better one is available.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Lions released Jarrad Davis.   Was a big fan of his at Florida.   Has had injury problems, but only 27.      Worth a look.   

Isnt he Bostic 2.0? Kinda scary how similar they are given their games, college and high draft status

I think they’ll be happy with J Williams

2 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Isn't he a DE? AZ can call him a LB'er but he's a DE in a 3-4 who can't get to the QB or cover? PASS

There is always a reason a player gets released, unless it's strictly a cap move, you def have to look deeper than the surface.  Agree - Pass.

• Like 1