Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

I find it funny how some people are upset that we're not making high profile signings. Where has that gotten us before. Deion, Hayensworth, McNabb, Randle El, Bruce Smith. I could go on and on. Don't pay attention to winning the off season. I'm more interested in what they do in the draft. Get some quality players on rookie contracts.

• Like 4

not upset , and i dont think we need to make high profile signings, but do need to make some signings we have lost talent , other than wentz who i think is an ugrade for sure , what have we done? lost settle ionnnidis ,seals jones, let flowers go, scherff gone , signed a few of our own players, but we need to fill some holes , maybe we do with the draft idk 

8 minutes ago, smooth said:

not upset , and i dont think we need to make high profile signings, but do need to make some signings we have lost talent , other than wentz who i think is an ugrade for sure , what have we done? lost settle ionnnidis ,seals jones, let flowers go, scherff gone , signed a few of our own players, but we need to fill some holes , maybe we do with the draft idk 

The loss that I hate the most is Settle. I think his best days are a head of him and wish we kept him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

The loss that I hate the most is Settle. I think his best days are a head of him and wish we kept him.

Smart teams would have traded Ionnidis at his peak value a couple years ago and let Settle take his spot.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

Smart teams would have traded Ionnidis at his peak value a couple years ago and let Settle take his spot.  

Maybe our depth behind the big 4 isn't so bad...Smith-Williams and Wise have both shown glimpses of nice potential at cheaper contracts? Can't keep em all....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Maybe our depth behind the big 4 isn't so bad...Smith-Williams and Wise have both shown glimpses of nice potential at cheaper contracts? Can't keep em all....

Exactly. We should have moved one of them for draft picks instead releasing them for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mojo said:

But what's the actual value for Ioannidis. Even so called "peak value" Ioannidis? A 5th round pick? Maybe? teams aren't exactly lining up to trade assets for rotational DTs on non-rookie deals. He's useful player, but the trade value for most players around the league isn't great unless you're a QB or an All-Pro or maybe a fairly good WR.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

But what's the actual value for Ioannidis. Even so called "peak value" Ioannidis? A 5th round pick? Maybe? teams aren't exactly lining up to trade assets for rotational DTs on non-rookie deals. He's useful player, but the trade value for most players around the league isn't great unless you're a QB or an All-Pro or maybe a fairly good WR.

A couple of years ago when he had 8 or 9 sacks, I don’t think a 3rd rounder would have been out of the question? Instead we signed him to a new deal when we already had Settle on the roster.

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Wagner is special and I'd love to have him on the roster, but if he is just looking for the biggest contract out there and a bidding war is why he hasn't signed with anyone yet, it probably means he won't be a Commander.

I think if it comes down to a pure bidding war and he isn't considering other factors like recent success or the reputation of the owner, I think our odds of signing him go up. I hope that's all he is considering and I hope Ron ponies up.

10 minutes ago, mojo said:

A couple of years ago when he had 8 or 9 sacks, I don’t think a 3rd rounder would have been out of the question? Instead we signed him to a new deal when we already had Settle on the roster.

if we hadn't signed him to a new deal he only had one year left on it.  Most people aren't that interested for trading a third round pick for a one year rental

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah he's around the same age London Fletcher was when we signed him back in 07 too. He's exactly what this defense needs. 

London Fletcher 2.0 :)  

27 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

This might not be the thread to have this conversation but haven't there been rumblings that our D-lineman and DL coach haven't always been on the same page? I wonder if the decline in Matt I's play was a consequence of this.

IMO, Matty I. was a 3 down DL.  If JDR would have used him as so I think he could have had 10 sacks a season but then there's a 1st round pick called Payne and rotating DL.  Matty I. is old school football.  He will be missed.  Also our Cap guy, Rob Rodgers isn't no Eric Schaffer.  Eric was THE Cap guru!

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo said:

He was a free agent at the end of that year, so it would have been impossible to trade him. It was either resign him or let him walk for nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Ion was a 5th rounder in 2016. He was a great find, a shame we couldn't keep him but we got our money's worth out of him. 

If only we have similar results with all 3rd day selections....or day one and two as well! 

I think Jim Tomsula had a lot to do with him being successful and bringing out the best in him.

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It’s obvious that Tomsula is a way better DL coach than Sam Mills. It is a tad disgusting that Mills is trying to make these guys change their technique from something that was working.

If you hear Allen speak, he still mentions how his tomahawk chop move came from Tomsula. Ioannidis was obviously more effective under Tomsula 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Keim's podcast today.  Not much new

1.  This team chasing McKissic back after him signing elsewhere isn't an uncommon practice around the league.  He said there was a Washington player where the same thing happened years back, but that player/agent just ignored those pleas to come back

2.  They slow played the Settle situation, suggesting they wanted him back but might have misplayed it.  But also said he wasn't sure if they could have matched the money Settle got.

3.  He said this dude below, is a target

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim's podcast today.  Not much new

1.  This team chasing McKissic back after him signing elsewhere isn't uncommon around the league

2.  They slow played the Settle situation, suggesting they wanted him back but might have misplayed it.  But also said he wasn't sure if they could have matched the money Settle got.

3.  He said this dude below, is a target

We surely need DL rotational help and Star is a good player

ExPanther or not, It does seem funny they would go after a 32 year old

• Like 3