Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Soon To Be Former WFT at Joe Judge's Own 3 Ring Circus

TK
Message added by TK,

1305856091_ScreenShot2022-01-09at3_54_06PM.thumb.png.4511140066d3537caa704a8c1559df9b.png

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Think we're picking 10 or 11 in draft. 

HTTRedwolves 

If Atlanta loses to New Orleans, Washington will fall to #11.  There may be a chance they could move back up to #9 if Atlanta beats the Saints and if Seattle beats the Rams.  Seattle's SOS is .522 and Washington's is .529.  The Ram's have a .750 winning percentage.  Of course, it would drop some with a loss.

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I am still a Taylor Heinicke fan. I want him as our future backup.  I think he’s ideally suited to the role. 

He will be a great back up the problem is week to week he can't get it done. If a team not ready for him he is dangerous.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Like i said earlier, with everything that went on this year, to match our win total from last year is nothing short if a miracle.  Pleasantly suprised.  Not happy it went down like this, but not as mad as I was a couple weeks ago.

A lot of ppl expected a 7 win type season due to our brutal schedule.  And that was said while still being optimistic about our long term health.  Just goes to show 1. How demoralizing it is to actually go thru a 7-win season, although 2. We are probably lucky our record wasn't worse.  Our offense was weak most of the year and our defense was asleep the first half of the season.  A 7-win team should feel a few tweaks will lead to a winning record the next season, but I think we all agree we aren't just a few tweaks away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I am still a Taylor Heinicke fan. I want him as our future backup.  I think he’s ideally suited to the role. 

Ideal role for Taylor for sure. 

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

but I think we all agree we aren't just a few tweaks away.

I actually dont agree. This team wins 10 games at least with a real QB. 

13 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

And NOW we can start talking about draft position. 

Hoping for losses to move up a slot or two is just icky.

We're locked into either #10 or #11.

Falcons win today: #10

Falcons lose today: #11

Seattle's pick (goes to the Jets) will be ahead of us even if they win.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Care to share your crystal ball?? I believe any QB not named Rogers or Winston would be a mistake. We need to stop going after QBs that have failed elsewhere. That has a proven record of not working. I know it's popular to say there are no QBs this draft but that has been proven wrong more times than not. So I think I will wait for the actual draft.  

BTW, along with the crystal ball, you can also provide the proof that some people have been "rooting for Taylor to fail" and the recording this week of Galdi where he said Taylor graded on PFF as a top 22 out of 31 QBs. 

Seems like multiple swing and miss comments.  

Swing And A Miss GIFs | Tenor

Ron does not have time to spend 2-3 years with a rookie. And this class of college qbs is not worth a first round pick. 

• Thumb down 1

34 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Handshake, bro hug, Judge had a little bit more words to say than the usual “good game.”  Couldn’t read lips though.  Smiles. 

Judge was asking if there were any openings on his staff.  Ron laughed but then Judge reminded him that he knew how to take down the Giants.  

Ron is considering options.  

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Haha 5

Just now, duffy said:

Wow, big win today! Sorry I'm late to the party. How many more wins do we need to get into the paloffs? 

Well, I figure if the season was 10 or 11 games longer, we'd have a chance at our first 11+ win season since 1991.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Ron does not have time to spend 2-3 years with a rookie. And this class of college qbs is not worth a first round pick. 

Disagree, if this is a serious rebuild he has to draft a QB, and that will buy him time under the guise of doing an actual rebuild.  Trading for a QB will add too much pressure to win now, and the roster jus isn't ready for that yet.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

If Atlanta loses to New Orleans, Washington will fall to #11.  There may be a chance they could move back up to #9 if Atlanta beats the Saints and if Seattle beats the Rams.  Seattle's SOS is .522 and Washington's is .529.  The Ram's have a .750 winning percentage.  Of course, it would drop some with a loss.

Too bad the Seahawks are playing Arizona and the Rams the 49ers...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, zskins said:

Currently 10 pending the outcome of the ATL vs. NO game. If ATL wins we get to pick 10. If they lose we pick 11. 

They also determine our final team we play in 2022. We host the loser of that game. Atlanta and 11 might be a better package than New Orleans and 10. I think Saints get Rogers or Russel Wilson.

Edited by SoCalSkins

18 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

A lot of ppl expected a 7 win type season due to our brutal schedule.  And that was said while still being optimistic about our long term health.  Just goes to show 1. How demoralizing it is to actually go thru a 7-win season, although 2. We are probably lucky our record wasn't worse.  Our offense was weak most of the year and our defense was asleep the first half of the season.  A 7-win team should feel a few tweaks will lead to a winning record the next season, but I think we all agree we aren't just a few tweaks away.

I think the team has more talent than most people realize.  They can win 10 games next year if three things happen.  One, get a real QB.  Two, play an easier schedule.  And three, avoid season-killing injuries to key players.

• Like 1