Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Soon To Be Former WFT at Joe Judge's Own 3 Ring Circus

TK
Message added by TK,

1305856091_ScreenShot2022-01-09at3_54_06PM.thumb.png.4511140066d3537caa704a8c1559df9b.png

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They also determine our final team we play in 2022. We host the loser of that game. Atlanta and 11 might be a better package than New Orleans and 10. I think Saints get Rogers or Russel Wilson.

Watch for Denver to get Rodgers they got the picks and players to trade and they may hire the packers offensive coordinator 

Edited by Redskins 2021

22 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I actually dont agree. This team wins 10 games at least with a real QB. 

I wouldn't classify acquiring a franchise QB as a tweak.  If we have a real QB under center week 1, that means we pulled off a major trade.  The draft, with guys available at 11 such as Willis or Howell, aren't getting us to 10 wins next year.  

6 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Watch for Denver to get Rodgers they got the picks and players to trade and they may hire the packers offensive coordinator 

I think we will be his first choice. I fully expect us to get him. However, we will probably botch it. I don’t think he wants to go against Mahommes or an up and coming Herbert twice a year in the division or against Brady twice a year. We are a division lock with Rodgers. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Disagree, if this is a serious rebuild he has to draft a QB, and that will buy him time under the guise of doing an actual rebuild.  Trading for a QB will add too much pressure to win now, and the roster jus isn't ready for that yet.

Ron has the worst owner in sports. He won’t accept 2 more years of sub 500 football with out playoffs. 

this team if it did not lose its qb in the first game would have won 3-4 more games this year. 

And with a high production qb next season This team can win 10 plus games 

20 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

So glad we got that moral victory today increasing the likelihood that we can only get the QB we want by trading a boatload of picks!

I would not trade or use a first round pick on any of these qbs in the draft.

10 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I wouldn't classify acquiring a franchise QB as a tweak.  If we have a real QB under center week 1, that means we pulled off a major trade.  The draft, with guys available at 11 such as Willis or Howell, aren't getting us to 10 wins next year.  

Which is why we are going to go hard and heavy for a vet qb.

6 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Ron has the worst owner in sports. He won’t accept 2 more years of sub 500 football with out playoffs. 

As many years as Snyder gave Jay and Bruce, im not concerned about his impatience with Ron.

6 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

this team if it did not lose its qb in the first game would have won 3-4 more games this year. 

Thats debatable.  We lost a lot of games waiting for defense turn around plus a couple division games that were blowouts.  I really want to believe Fitz would've made a 3-4 game difference, but everything still the same with injuries and COVID outbreak, maybe 1-2 games tops.

Edited by Renegade7

7 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I think the team has more talent than most people realize.  They can win 10 games next year if three things happen.  One, get a real QB.  Two, play an easier schedule.  And three, avoid season-killing injuries to key players.

A lot of years in recent memory, I felt like we were on the right path but then injuries dashed any hope of a successful season.  I don't really feel that about this year. 

Our defense actually improved after chase went down. 

I think Curtis Samuel hurt big time as our offense was so one dimensional.  Logan for the same reason.  Our oline was being held together by duct tape at times and it showed.  But would fitzmagic been much better than TH?  I'd like to think so, but far from a given, and he looked pretty meh in the small sample we saw.

All NFL seasons will have injuries, I just don't think we can blame injuries for our performance this year.  We just have too many holes and we get exposed when the inevitable injuries start to set in.  

15 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Thats a helluva assumption.

As much as people complain about not taking Herbert or Mac Jones, im suprised folks are making up there mind there's no way we find a sleeper in the 1st round of the draft, especially a 10 or 11 pick.

There's a large a chance an older QB jus gets hurt here, see Alex Smith and Fitz.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Hey it's OK! I'm old too!

I'm so old, I'd been legally drinking for several years last time the team won 11+ games.

What competent vet QB is going to want to come here?  The only reason this team won 7 games this year is because the NFL added another game to the schedule.  Can't wait for it to go to 18 like the old USFL (which is now back as an 8-team, 10-game league).

Edited by GothSkinsFan
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

As many years as Snyder gave Jay and Bruce, im not concerned about his impatience with Ron.

Thats debatable.  We lost a lot of games waiting for defense turn around plus a couple division games that were blowouts.  I really want to believe Fitz would've made a 3-4 game difference, but everything still the same with injuries and COVID outbreak, maybe 1-2 games tops.

I think with fitz the defense would have been better since they would not have had to have been leaned on so much

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

I think with fitz the defense would have been better since they would not have had to have been leaned on so much

Thats not how it works.  The communication in the secondary was completely broken beginning of the season, Young and Sweat were terrible against the run, worse then their backups. 

It took a lot of going to the chalkboard to bring defense back to respectability, we were at an historically bad pace to start the year, let's not forget that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Its silly to play the schedule game. Some of those bad teams will be much improved. 

The only thing that matters are the 3 games based on where you finish in the standings. 49ers, Browns and if turns out to be the Saints are not jokes. Everyone else in the division plays the same 14 other games. 

Obviously injuries and when in the year you play them will factor in, but there is very little difference. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

The only thing that matters are the 3 games based on where you finish in the standings. 49ers, Browns and if turns out to be the Saints are not jokes. Everyone else in the division plays the same 14 other games. 

Obviously injuries and when in the year you play them will factor in, but there is very little difference. 

Yep I expect all three of those teams to be

playoff contenders in 2022

10 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

No way Fitz makes it through half a season playing behind Ismael n that patchwork line. He couldn't even last a quarter behind the starters.

Edited by clietas

12 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

A lot of years in recent memory, I felt like we were on the right path but then injuries dashed any hope of a successful season.  I don't really feel that about this year. 

Our defense actually improved after chase went down. 

I think Curtis Samuel hurt big time as our offense was so one dimensional.  Logan for the same reason.  Our oline was being held together by duct tape at times and it showed.  But would fitzmagic been much better than TH?  I'd like to think so, but far from a given, and he looked pretty meh in the small sample we saw.

All NFL seasons will have injuries, I just don't think we can blame injuries for our performance this year.  We just have too many holes and we get exposed when the inevitable injuries start to set in.  

Fitzpatrick looked like a deer in headlights and looked very fragile even before he got injured.  So I agree with you about him possibly being no better than Heinicke.  But I  disagree about how many holes the team has.  They had injuries throughout the lineup all year.  It got to a point where they were dropping like flies before the first game against Dallas and COVID finished them off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thats not how it works.  The communication in the secondary was completely broken beginning of the season, Young and Sweat were terrible against the run, worse then their backups. 

It took a lot of going to the chalkboard to bring defense back to respectability, we were at an historically bad pace to start the year, let's not forget that.

I agree to a point. But it would have been interesting to see if Fitz could have an the offense better enough to keep the D from getting as exposed jsut simply by not being on the field enough. Fitz easily beat out Taylor for the starting job. But he never got a real chance thanks to that injury. 

I said this earlier, but do not be surprised if Fits as th starter next year is plan C  - after drafting someone or making a run at a top level Vet. I do not see brining in a Trubisky when you have Fitz, assuming he wants to sign here again and is healthy enough.  

24 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Looks that way now, but by the time the official schedule with dates is released in the spring, folks on here will claim its the toughest sked in league history.

Maybe some will but I don’t think most will.

It didn’t take much imagination to see we had a killer schedule this year with an unusually high number of top 10 QBs on the slate 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, clietas said:

No way Fitz makes it through half a season playing behind Ismael n that patchwork line. He couldn't even last a quarter behind the starters.

That was a freak injury. He did not have an injury history so not sure you are correct. I would like to have seen what he could do. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

With as bad as they were the first 5 games the team would in my opinion would have been 3-2 with Fitz. And the defense would not have been exposed as much due to an offense that gave them leads and less time on the field. It took to week 7-8 for the offense to get on track this season.

and then it fluttered again when covid and injuries devastated the team.