Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Perpetually Pissed Philly vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK
Message added by TK,

238171562_ScreenShot2022-01-02at3_49_55PM.thumb.png.173f23c1dd180a90b4d76545c9a7f3b0.png

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Heinicke played well. Yes, we still need a QB. But Heinicke belongs in the League. Just not sure he’s going to be in Washington unless A) we win out and we can’t get a trade and settle for Trubisky/Mariota to compete with Heinicke and a mid round rookie… or B ) he’s the second or third QB.

But I still like the dude. 

Despite the fact he may be killing our draft position.

I'm unsure why we are so willing to take someone elses failed starter to make them our future hope.

I would rather hold on to TH and draft a player.   In short, I don't want to see Trubisky nor Mariota...

Now if you bring up the message 👑..then we can have a conversation.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, OMacAttack said:

Think there is a scenario that involves 3 other teams winning.  But at this point the Vikings winning probably won't happen.

Going into the final game of the season still alive is not horrible. Obviously wanted more but not a complete fail of a season. 

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

I'm unsure why we are so willing to take someone elses failed starter to make them our future hope.

I would rather hold on to TH and draft a player.   In short, I don't want to see Trubisky nor Mariota...

I would be okay with giving Trubisky a chance personally. I've not done anywhere near a deep dive as to the QB's this class but the pickings look very slim with the Pitt QB at the top for me.

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

I would be okay with giving Trubisky a chance personally. I've not done anywhere near a deep dive as to the QB's this class but the pickings look very slim with the Pitt QB at the top for me.

Let's all be honest if we bring in a veteran after the season we will probably see Rothlisburger suiting up for us next year.

6 minutes ago, TK said:

Here's some actual facts about the camera guy getting hit from someone that actually been there, done that & got a scar to prove it. :) 

On field media has to stay behind yellow line- Broadcast tv cameras are allowed to stay in front of the yellow line so that the rest of us down there aren't in their shot- otherwise you guys wouldn't see a game but rather the back of @themurf, @Spaceman Spiff, or myself's heads. :) 

To be working down on the field, during a game you have to sign a LIABILITY WAIVER- meaning if what happened to their camera guy Jimmy, he can't sue & is responsible to pay for his own medical.

In 10 years of on field coverage, I had several near collisions- Marcus Washington at OTAs, RG3 on a MNF opener against Philly, got hurdled by Gronk in the endzone in NE, & hit once. The hit was a preseason game in NE. It was a blindside hit on a kick return. A Pats player hit me & bounced off me. The hit didn't move me. I ended up catching a cleat down the side of my leg & getting it ripped opened. May have been about a 6 inch cut. I told him he hit like puss which popped the 980 & Comcast guys there. @KDawg was up in the box during this. I think he saw it once we got back to the hotel. 

True story. I saw him hit you and bounce off live. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Heinicke getting it done with a limited cast who are all stepping up… nice first half.  Wish he would pull it down and run here and there though, like on the pass to RSJ.

I know it’s a patchwork oline, but they gotta stop letting rushers run free - it’s hard enough to keep this dline at bay.  They’re putting work in though.  

6 minutes ago, dc1 said:

I said compete with them, didn’t I? No one said they would be an auto starter. And that scenario is my nightmare fuel.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chump Bailey said:

I will admit that Trubisky got a bad wrap under Nagy's offense.   

And that the QB pool this year looks less promising.   But I'll hold.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I said compete with them, didn’t I? No one said they would be an auto starter. And that scenario is my nightmare fuel.

You did say compete and it would be my nightmare fuel as well.