Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

But you can't just write off the fact that he floats passes that end up contested instead of the easy completitions they should be.  Sims went up and made a huge play, awesome, but the last time they tried that McLaurin ends up in concussion protocol, so do you think that is a good trade off as a 50/50 every time Heinicke tries to throw the ball deep?

His players have said as long as TH gives them a chance to make a play on the ball they will. 

Well, they had a chance to make this competitive, and Gibson absolutely have it away.  Put them down 3 scores and into known passing situations.  

That’s as bad as a time to fumble as you can get.  Even if you go down and have to kick a FG, you are down 15 with a quarter to play, anything is possible. 

Being down 21, you’re basically screwed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Okay. Whatever. It was a TD. End of story. 

Interesting that this level of homerific, extremely basic analysis is only used in this situation—but when something goes wrong there’s twenty levels of reasoning as to why it’s someone else’s fault other than Heinicke’s. A little disingenuous, no? Let’s just dig to the same depth regardless (which is what’s happening in that post you quoted)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Csup said:

Why don't they show the owners  box anymore?  Would love to see Synders reaction.

It was part of his NFL suspension settlement.  "I'll give the team to my wife for a bit, but you can film me in the both anymore"  .. something like that. 

Edited by dc1