Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

Heinicke has had a bad game but that ball was caught...and dropped lol. I'm not going to blame him for that. That's what great receivers are supposed to do. Come down with those kind of catches. I see it in every other NFL game. That's what playmakers do.

• Like 1

Just now, zskins said:

I thought that was what he was going to do. Today it seems like he is not himself at all. 

He actually is himself.  We have seen him do that many times.  We have also seen him make throws he lacks the arm talent to make.  

This series is why I hate when TV play by play calls things according to the pre-game narratives instead of using their eyes.  They are all over Diggs' jock, when the replay clearly shows McLaurin was wide open for likely a house call if Henicke throws the damn ball the way an NFL QB should be able to.  Instead he floats it up in the air,  McLaurin has to stop and run backwards to the DB.  Then later on when he signals Terry to go deep, but he can't even throw it far enough and Terry now gets hurt trying to climb over two defenders to make the catch.  

Next up. 

• Like 1

Just now, AJ* said:

Heinicke has had a bad game but that ball was caught...and dropped lol. I'm not going to blame him for that. That's what great receivers are supposed to do. Come down with those kind of catches. I see it in every other NFL game. That's what playmakers do.

This might be the stupidest post in this thread.

• Thumb up 1

I know we don't have many real weapons, but I truly hope there is a limit to how much lack of thought/creativity Ron is willing to accept from his OC.

If Ron has any sense of self-preservation and of the way winning offense is supposed to operate in today's league, then he simply cannot choose to die on the Scott Turner as his OC hill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AJ* said:

There’s a lot on Heinicke today. That ball got sailed. I don’t agree McLaurin had to come back because he was floating to begin with… but if Heinicke throws that down the sideline with some umph that’s completed. That’s on him.

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Hang in there, fam.  Let’s show some grit and put ourselves in a good mindset for next week.

I agree. While I didn’t expect us to look this bad, I expected to lose.  But, this team has also provided some good games to watch the last 4 weeks.  That was a nice surprise.

1 minute ago, Capsman said:

He actually is himself.  We have seen him do that many times.  We have also seen him make throws he lacks the arm talent to make.  

I was talking about running to get a 1st down and not talking about him throwing to Terry instead. 

Edited by zskins