Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr Ed's Mile High Ride

TK
Message added by TK,

854007137_ScreenShot2021-10-31at7_21_22PM.thumb.png.c04efb06d5e19f58dd2c6ee286db677b.png

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We all watch a lot of football, how often do we see a fumble like that with so little time to go.   We were in scoring position and had enough time to score.  But Chase's play wasn't that exciting because most of us probably didn't expect anything would come from it.   It would be a different feeling if you had the right QB. 

I agree. The paradox is that Chase's play wouldn't have happened without Chase, but because we have Chase we don't have a QB to take advantage of the play Chase made. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, hairyhun44 said:

This is my question.  How does this “D” regress this bad?!  Attitude?  Overconfidence?  Piss poor coaching?  What am I missing??

Jimmy Johnson said today that the Skins defense played weak teams in the second half of last season so they have a inflated rating now.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Just got home from trick or treating. Gonna start my watch soon. Stat line is unimpressive and I heard there were more OL injuries.

I’ll reserve judgement for the watch but man it feels like this team may not win another game.

Dont waste your time brother. I recorded the game last week while I was on vacation and didnt watch it when I got home yesterday. I feel much better for not wasting 2 hours of my life. 

• Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, hairyhun44 said:

This is my question.  How does this “D” regress this bad?!  Attitude?  Overconfidence?  Piss poor coaching?  What am I missing??

They didn't regress. This is closer to who they are.

Go back to last season. Look at the game logs when we played good QBs. Every single one of them lit us up for 30 except I believe Russell Wilson.

Kyler Murray: 30+. Lamar Jackson: 30+. Baker Mayfield: 30+. Matty Stafford. Tom Brady. Hell even Jared Goff's Rams put up 30.

Now look at the good games. We faced a ridiculous, disproportionately high # of backup QBs and/or backup OL.

Eagles: had 4 backup OL in the opener. Backup and 3rd string QB in finale.

Cowboys: Backup QB both games. Also lost Zack Martin on the first drive in the Thanksgiving game(and had OL injuries).

49ers: Backup QB.

Bengals: We were actually losing to Joe Burrow and probably lose that game if he doesn't get hurt. Backup came in and was awful.

The only real legitimate offense we beat was the Steelers last year. Even then, by the time we played them they were basically figured out. We did limit the Seahawks to 20, but they jumped out to a big lead and basically took their foot off the gas.

Now look at this year, we've faced pretty much all top notch offenses and they've all lit us up. Hell even bad offenses like the Giants and Falcons have put up big #s.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Just got home from trick or treating. Gonna start my watch soon. Stat line is unimpressive and I heard there were more OL injuries.

I’ll reserve judgement for the watch but man it feels like this team may not win another game.

they got Sam Darnold in 2 weeks, that one that might be able to take. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I agree. The paradox is that Chase's play wouldn't have happened without Chase, but because we have Chase we don't have a QB to take advantage of the play Chase made. 

I sure am glad they didn't pay Kirk Cousins, they wouldn't have had any money left to sign all these busts/injured players in FA, ever since he left.

Who needs a QB anyway?

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It's going to be interesting to see what happens this off season.  I've heard enough from Ron that I know they get its Code Red at QB.  So I think that big move is coming.  But for whom?  

Should be a fascinating off season.  The last time I felt that it was all hands on deck for QB was 2012.  2022 I think will be the same.  They obvously though better get it right.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

It's going to be interesting to see what happens this off season.  I've heard enough from Ron that I know they get its Code Red at QB.  So I think that big move is coming.  But for whom?  

Should be a fascinating off season.  The last time I felt that it was all hands on deck for QB was 2012.  2022 I think will be the same.  They obvously though better get it right.  

The better question would be whether or not this inpatient fanbase is willing to give someone more than 6 games before they demand blood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

The better question would be whether or not this inpatient fanbase is willing to give someone more than 6 games before they demand blood.

Yeah judging by some of the comments about the current rookie QBs on other teams, the answer is loud no with some.  Some of these guys are killed after 2-3 games like they are busts.  :ols:

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah judging by some of the comments about the current rookie QBs on other teams, the answer is loud no with some.  Some of these guys are killed after 2-3 games like they are busts.  :ols:

It's the new breed of fantasy football guys that don't understand the concept of progress and adjustment. If someone isn't giving stats then they're never going to be anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think that thought could be expanded to offense and defense as a whole. Neither side performs in a vacuum.

I don’t think we are tapping the potential of Sweat/Young because they rarely play with a lead where they can “pin their ears back” and full out blitz. You need an offence with sustained possession and the ability to put up points to allow the D to wreak havoc.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Now look at this year, we've faced pretty much all top notch offenses and they've all lit us up. Hell even bad offenses like the Giants and Falcons have put up big #s.

We’ll put. So then we obviously have a way to go, clearly.  But when should we expect results and improvement?  What is the cutoff on this staff to explain where this **** is going?  

I’m a 3rd generation fan and my earliest memories are from the early 80s. I know I can’t expect anymore what we had back in the day but damn, I miss being proud of this team!

2 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Don't worry everyone, Rivera will be scouring the NFL for former Panthers OL this week, he will probably bring one in who has been on a building site for the last 3 years, but Rivera knows best and only ex Panthers will do. 

Sir Purr at RT can't be worse then Charles.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

People just want someone young and exciting and athletic to root for. I think with the future in the building (showing flashes and not busting immediately like Haskins lol) people would be surprisingly patient. We haven’t had that guy since RG3 and it didn’t last long. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Just watched the first drive. Offense was doing decent. Then they went for it on fourth with a goofy play call. Why not run the ball inside? I mean I guess they were trying to be tendency beaters but meh.

It seemed like they put all the Big plays/moments in Heinicke's hands, and he failed miserably.