Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Heini won't run. He doesn't do that.

I think it couild kill him today if he doesn't.  Giants blitz like crazy, play a ton of man, are vulnerable on the edge -- its the perfect storm for him to run.

I'd hope his competitive juices are fueled by watching Jones run today.  Watching Mariota run didn't seem to move him at all.  Hopefully that changes today.

I think he's fooling himself if he thinks he has a shot to be a starter in this league if he's like Drew Bledsoe as far as being no threat as a runner.    Not that i think he has much of a shot to be a starter even with running ability -- but without running the ball I think the idea that Heinicke is going to have a career as an NFL starter is even more ridiculous. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think it couild kill him today if he doesn't.  Giants blitz like crazy, play a ton of man, are vulnerable on the edge -- its the perfect storm for him to run.

I'd hope his competitive juices are fueled by watching Jones run today.  Watching Mariota run didn't seem to move him at all.  Hopefully that changes today.

I think he's fooling himself if he thinks he has a shot to be a starter in this league if he's like Drew Bledsoe as far as being no threat as a runner.    Not that i think he has much of a shot to be a starter even with running ability -- but without running the ball I think the idea that Heinicke is going to have a career as an NFL starter is even more ridiculous. 

He is not good at taking advantage of the blitz either. He won't run, because he just won't. I am predicting well over 40 runs today.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Zach Wilson is the exact opposite end of the moxie scale as Heini. That would tank our locker room. Wentz proved to be a good dude, regardless of performance, but Zach Wilson is pure grade douchebag.

Though, high comedy would ensue if Milne was still on the team and dating Wilson's ex. 

Mind you, I wouldn't want this high comedy.  But if it does happen, I REALLY want a front row seat for that meet-and-greet.  And get the Jets equipment manager who called out Milne on Twitter to join the team, oh, the party we would have!  

(Again, this is all sarcasm.)

I actually hope Wilson goes to another team and becomes a captain.  When we play them, we should trot Milne and his girlfriend (Zach's ex) out for the coin toss.  Because that would be some rather wonderful trolling.

I never understood why when Romo was playing for the Cowboys, we didn't have Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood sing the national anthem and then act as honorary coin-toss captains.  That was an opportunity lost.  

28 minutes ago, Conn said:

Specifically because it came up in pressers, I think he will run today. It’s on his mind and the Giants are going to blitz him.

Crank up the moxie to 11, boys 

What would be really good is if he could actually throw it to the guys who will be open because the Giant's secondary is horrendous, and when they blitz, they basically don't cover anybody.

So instead of running, I hope he can make them pay for blitzing with completions.  

Though, I do understand, throwing the ball is hard for him. But it is core competency of most NFL QBs, so we should try it. Until it fails, at least.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I thionk it couild kill him today.  Giants blitz like crazy, play a ton of man, are vulnerable on the edge -- its the perfect storm for him to run.

Yeah, I agree with all of this.  Given the way he’s talked about getting the ball into his playmaker’s hands (like saying if he can throw it 5 and let them pick up YAC, vs looking deeper) it feels like he’s decided that he’s better also prioritized that over scrambling.  I think it’s a mistake though (as you and others say/allude to).  Not only because it’s sometimes more of a sure thing then relying on a well placed/timed ball, but also because of what it does to defenses - demoralizing/frustrating them at times, forcing dlines to hesitate (worrying about containment), causing defenses to spy him, tiring dlines that are chasing, etc.  

Now the flip side to this, or maybe on the bright side, one of the things I like about Heinicke is his willingness to adapt, and willingness to put in the effort to do so.  Last year we saw him add significant mass, work on joint mobility, and run smarter (sliding and getting out of bounds).  And it’s not just macro stuff - in the games prior to playing GB last year, the running aspect was brought up, and then he runs like crazy against the Packers.  This past offseason he worked on hard on his mechanics (trying to help his velocity/torque), and he seems to be getting the ball out a lot quicker (I’m guessing this was at least partly in response to seeing the poor pass pro Wentz faced).

I’ll add that it seems like there are two sides to Heinicke.  The one that tries to be cerebral and calm, and the YOLO side.  Feels like he struggles with harnessing both aspect at the same time.  And it seems like situational urgency plays into this.  For example, against the Colts, he had some trouble producing, but then late in the game (I think it was the game winning drive?), he seemed to play with more urgency IIRC, including running multiple times.  I think these two aspects are a major reason he’s so polarizing, and can have such swings in his play.  

• Like 1

I don't see how the narrative is gonna change much in this thread this week considering heinicke had his best game statistically this week.

I saw a whole lot of the same, some heinicke magic mixed in with a lot of close your eyes while the ball is in the air throws and a very conservative gameplan Giving the giants the chance to run blitz the ever loving **** out of us.

I think Heinicke was....fine today. Basically, he was as good as you can realistically expect. And he did lead a clutch game tying TD drive. 

He had the same issues Wentz had earlier when we had OL injuries. When there is no pass protection it won't matter who the QB is.

• Like 2

Team is in a conundrum.

Heinicke’s lucky rabbit foot looks like it’s wearing out. But turning to Howell now when they playoffs are literally on the line is a lot of pressure to put on the guy. If he is ready and he comes across as confident I’m game. But that’s a tough spot to put him in.

I think we should forget Wentz exists. He’s gone after this year and doesn’t have the mobility behind this line.

Heinous is… well him. 

We don’t have a good option at this point. But Heinicke is going to revert like he did last year and it’s already begun.

Edited by KDawg
Phone autocorrected Heinicke to Heinous for the third time today. Was going to edit it but whatever. The Football Gods speak.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Just now, KDawg said:

Team is in a conundrum.

Heinicke’s lucky rabbit foot looks like it’s wearing out. But turning to Howell now when they playoffs are literally on the line is a lot of pressure to put on the guy. If he is ready and he comes across as confident I’m game. But that’s a tough spot to put him in.

I think we should forget Wentz exists. He’s gone after this year and doesn’t have the mobility behind this line.

Heinous is… well him. 

We don’t have a good option at this point. But Heinicke is going to revert like he did last year and it’s already begun.

Trust me. Ron is not even close to considering Howell as an option. There is no conundrum between TH and SH. 

• Sad 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Well, I don’t trust you. I think Howell is a better player. But your opinion is yours.

No clue if Howell is a better. player. I am saying there might a conundrum in people on this board's eyes, but I guarantee that thought is not even crossing Ron's mind. And that's the only person that matters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Team is in a conundrum.

Heinous is… well him. 

I sure wish Rivera showed some confidence in Howell. 

He will look at the OL injuries and use it as an excuse to stick with TH or give it back to Carson.

Just now, DWinzit said:

I sure wish Rivera showed some confidence in Howell. 

He will look at the OL injuries and use it as an excuse to stick with TH or give it back to Carson.

I mean I think Heinicke is the best option. Which in an of itself scares the jumping jelly out of me.

• Like 2