Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He did it multiple times and they should have been picked. They weren't picked off out of sheer luck. It wasn't him threading the needle, it was him trying to force dumb throws he can't make and getting bailed out by whatever god he must be sacrificing 300 goats to before every game.

The coaches clearly agreed seeing as how they refused to put the game in his hands after that last drive before OT.

There are passes every game from every team that should/could have been picked. 

• Thanks 1

We didn't win so I'm down for QB switch.

I think TH had more turnover worthy plays in the 2nd half than any game he has played this season. Just spray painting balls in random directions.

That out route to Dot was especially bad.

Just continues an almost unbelievable pace of TWPs and they get even more frequent the more he has to pass. Its had already been at the point where Turner has to shield his team from it, Its just really obvious when you choose not to let a QB lose the game in OT.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

There are passes every game from every team that should/could have been picked. 

I think it was @Thinking Skinsand maybe @KDawg as well in the game thread, who also counted at least 3 passes in the last couple of drives alone that should have been picked. It's no coincidence that Heinicke one of the highest, if not the highest, turnover worthy throw percentage of starting NFL QBs.

The dude is straight up lucky. He somehow seem to get multiple INTs dropped over and over again. I really want to know what god he prays to, because I'm getting on board with that ****.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He had one amazing drive at the end of the game but played mediocre at best, or crappy at worst for the other 95% of it. He also nearly threw 2 back breaking INTs in the last drive before OT, which would have pretty much ensured a win by NYG. The coaches had so little faith in him not going out and doing it again, that they basically refused to let him pass the ball in OT.

Outside of that last drive, and a nice play for the TD on the 1st drive of the game, it wasn't a great day for him.

He was under extreme pressure in the 2nd half. Saw a few plays where he go roughed and of course, no calls against the Garbage men. One play the D lineman hit him in the head.

Just now, mistertim said:

I think it was @Thinking Skinsand maybe @KDawgwho also counted at least 3 passes in the last couple of drives alone that should have been picked. It's no coincidence that Heinicke one of the highest, if not the highest, turnover worthy throw percentage of starting NFL QBs.

Danny Dimes had two passes there at the end what shoulda been picked as well. 🤷‍♂️

QBs trying to make plays down the stretch? 

• Like 3

Just now, mistertim said:

I think it was @Thinking Skinsand maybe @KDawgwho also counted at least 3 passes in the last couple of drives alone that should have been picked. It's no coincidence that Heinicke one of the highest, if not the highest, turnover worthy throw percentage of starting NFL QBs.

The dude is straight up lucky. He somehow seem to get multiple INTs dropped over and over again. I really want to know what god he prays to, because I'm getting on board with that ****.

My brother in Christ, I’ve seen posts about Heinicke and passes that should have/could have been picked going back to 2020. 

At some point it’s not luck. 

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Danny Dimes had two passes there at the end what shoulda been picked as well. 🤷‍♂️

That’s what I’m saying. This isn’t unique to Heinicke, although people would love to believe that. 

There are passes every game that could be picked. Maybe not from the true elites like Mahomes and Allen but you don’t have to watch a lot of football to see quarterbacks getting away with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

My brother in Christ, I’ve seen posts about Heinicke and passes that should have/could have been picked going back to 2020. 

At some point it’s not luck. 

Then he's inserting nanobots onto the ball via his hand that respond to the touch of other teams' players by secreting grease or some ****.

Yeah, it's luck. The dude has seemingly easy interceptions dropped every week. I have absolutely no clue how he does it. He has a super high percentage of turnover worthy throws, so it's not like this **** is is just being made up out of thin air.

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I remember one he had that could have been intercepted. It was a laser he tried to fit into a tight window before OT IIRC. That wasn't a smart throw, but it also wasn't a borderline gimme floater.

Edited by mistertim

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree with Bullock, Heinicke didn't play well, but I'll give him major props for this play

Oh no doubt it was an amazing play. But the whole issue with Heinicke is that he just can't put whole games together. He'll either be blah for 90% of the game and then pull a rabbit out of a hat like today, or he'll be ok for most of the game and then make a backbreaking play at an extremely inopportune time.

There's no way you can have long term success with a QB like that, especially with TH's physical limitations.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I remember one he had that could have been intercepted. It was a laser he tried to fit into a tight window before OT IIRC. That wasn't a smart throw, but it also wasn't a borderline gimme floater.

Danny Dimes lobbed one into triple coverage there towards the end of regulation. Forrest almost intercepted it. 

Both qbs were trying to fit passes into places they shouldn't have at the end. Kinda par for the course in a tight game. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

There are passes every game that could be picked. Maybe not from the true elites like Mahomes and Allen but you don’t have to watch a lot of football to see quarterbacks getting away with it. 

Actually Mahomes almost had one in the 1st half that was dropped (I am watching the KC and CIN game right now) It was such a bad throw too with whole bunch of defenders around his WR as well.

I watch all of the games on TV every Sunday. I see a lot. Even the best of the best make mistakes or take chances. 

Edited by zCommander

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Danny Dimes lobbed one into triple coverage there towards the end of regulation. Forrest almost intercepted it. 

Both qbs were trying to fit passes into places they shouldn't have at the end. Kinda par for the course in a tight game. 

Yeah, I mean...you're not going to get much argument from me that Danny Dimes is a mediocre at best QB. I've always thought he was. But when you combine his pretty strong arm with his ability to run, he's at least a clear peg above Heinicke.

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, he makes an incredible play on 4th down that no other QB on this roster can make, and then he misses a wide open TD to Logan in the 1st quarter that costs us 4 points.  It is Jekyll & Hyde

Right. Or he makes that amazing play on 4th down to drive us down the field, and then seemingly does everything he can to give the game to the Giants on the ensuing drive by tossing at least two balls that should have been intercepted.

It's absolutely maddening.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, I mean...you're not going to get much argument from me that Danny Dimes is a mediocre at best QB. I've always thought he was. But when you combine his pretty strong arm with his ability to run, he's at least a clear peg above Heinicke.

He'd be a good get for the Commanders once the Giants cut him. Dude has zero weapons at receiver. 

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

He'd be a good get for the Commanders once the Giants cut him. Dude has zero weapons at receiver. 

Nope.  Want nothing to do with him.  He looks the part, but he's been a bust for his draft position.  Giants will be smart and move on after this year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, it's luck. The dude has seemingly easy interceptions dropped every week. I have absolutely no clue how he does it. He has a super high percentage of turnover worthy throws, so it's not like this **** is is just being made up out of thin air.

So your argument really is that he’s been lucky across three consecutive NFL seasons?

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Actually Mahomes almost had one in the 1st half that was dropped (I am watching the KC and CIN game right now) It was such a bad throw too with whole bunch of defenders around his WR as well.

I watch all of the games on TV every Sunday. I see a lot. Even the best of the best make mistakes or take chances. 

Shhhhhhhh let’s not let that get in the way of a good Heinicke bash session. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

So your argument really is that he’s been lucky across three consecutive NFL seasons?

Three seasons? He's played less than a season and a half. And he's been pretty consistently lucky, though eventually things turned south last season. It happens. I remember the exact same thing with Daniel Jones. His rookie year everyone was like "OMG DANNY DIMES IS TEH BEST!" but nobody was talking about how he had the highest turnover worthy throw percentage of any starting QB and seemed to have been super lucky with the passes not getting picked. I remember a guy from PFF on one of the sports shows talking about it specifically after his rookie season. It eventually caught back up to him.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Nope.  Want nothing to do with him.  He looks the part, but he's been a bust for his draft position.  Giants will be smart and move on after this year.

If they cut Danny Dimes I wouldn't mind signing him on the cheap at all. He's definitely an upgrade compared to what's here currently.

• Like 1

Taylor threw 15 picks last year in 15 games.  He's been a bit luckier this year or if some want to argue he's put the ball less is harms way -- OK.  to some of our naked eyes and apparently big time to the PFF guys, Taylot has thrown the ball in harms way much more so than the average QB.   The one thing consistent from last season through now, Heinicke doesn't throw many TD passes. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, JSSkinz said:

I want the Heinicke from the playoff game vs the Bucs, what happened to that guy?

Nobody in the league knew what he was about or his limitations and he was throwing his body around like someone who may never get to play in the NFL again. That guy doesn’t exist anymore and neither does the unique context that created him. Like a fart in the wind, he’s gone after a quick whiff.