Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

You’re a football coach and you’re looking me in the eye and telling me changing QBs has the same impact on a team as returning a backup corner to the bench?

Ok.

When your QB isn’t very good? Yes. I am.

But it’s a nuanced question. You can’t bench a QB when there isn’t a better option. And while I think Howell is a better player, I don’t think he’s the better option in this scenario.

One of Heinicke’s strengths is how he has ice in his veins. This is a situation where that is paramount. 

But if our backup QB was a capable QB who has seen time I think it’s a move you can make without issue.

Our roster has a front row seat to Taylor’s struggles, so they can see it better than anyone.  It’s a bit presumptuous to assume they are all gung-ho that Heinicke is an untouchable dude.

I don’t think he’s getting pulled yet though.  I said prior to todays game that he’ll have to lose one minimum, maybe two.  I’m thinking the tie counts more like a loss though.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Our roster has a front row seat to Taylor’s struggles, so they can see it better than anyone.  It’s a bit presumptuous to assume they are all gung-ho that Heinicke is an untouchable dude.

I don’t think he’s getting pulled yet though.  I said prior to todays game that he’ll have to lose one minimum, maybe two.  I’m thinking the tie counts more like a loss though.

If we're being honest, making a change only works if you do it one game too early rather than one game too late. If we lose in 2 weeks and Seattle makes up ground in the meantime we're going to be on the ropes and it would put Wentz in a terrible situation. If you're going to do it, you gotta do it now. 

Just now, CapsSkins said:

If we're being honest, making a change only works if you do it one game too early rather than one game too late. If we lose in 2 weeks and Seattle makes up ground in the meantime we're going to be on the ropes and it would put Wentz in a terrible situation. If you're going to do it, you gotta do it now. 

Call me a pessimist, but this was the scenario I thought was most likely to occur.  Waiting on Heinicke to lose and then inserting Wentz into a must win stretch.  Then we’ll get 600 more pages of this thread in the offseason.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

When your QB isn’t very good? Yes. I am.

But it’s a nuanced question. You can’t bench a QB when there isn’t a better option. And while I think Howell is a better player, I don’t think he’s the better option in this scenario.

One of Heinicke’s strengths is how he has ice in his veins. This is a situation where that is paramount. 

But if our backup QB was a capable QB who has seen time I think it’s a move you can make without issue.

Every single argument for benching Heinicke is completely reliant on ifs and buts.  I don’t disagree with anything other than your first sentence, which on no universe do I believe you actually believe. 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Every single argument for benching Heinicke is completely reliant on ifs and buts.  I don’t disagree with anything other than your first sentence, which on no universe do I believe you actually believe. 

You don’t think I believe that Heinicke isn’t very good? Just last week I was called a hater. I can’t keep track of what I am with Heinous anymore

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

If we're being honest, making a change only works if you do it one game too early rather than one game too late.

Not messing w/ the sauce while winning is a time honored NFL tradition, but a tie aint a win. You can make that move

the whole team sees him struggle every week and the whole team sees Turner take the ball outta his hands.

If another QB can give you something, anything its a plus. You don't even need good QB play to see a benifet. You can honestly get it from bad QB play as long as they bring a new dimension.

Even if Wentz or Howell are just as bad as TH, but Wentz pushes back the D or Howell brings a rushing element that is a dub.

• Thanks 1

Just now, KDawg said:

You don’t think I believe that Heinicke isn’t very good? Just last week I was called a hater. I can’t keep track of what I am with Heinous anymore

God damnit. It did it again. Heinicke. Not Heinous. Autocorrect is a real jerk.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Call me a pessimist, but this was the scenario I thought was most likely to occur.  Waiting on Heinicke to lose and then inserting Wentz into a must win stretch.  Then we’ll get 600 more pages of this thread in the offseason.

Hopefully in the off-season they get an actual solution to the QB position instead of making us pick between a fart that doesn’t smell and ghost poop that reeks to high heaven.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Hopefully in the off-season they get an actual solution to the QB position instead of making us pick between a fart that doesn’t smell and ghost poop that reeks to high heaven.

Agreed, but the minute the new shiny turd has a bad game or two people will be calling for the fart poop to save the season.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

No, I don’t think you think deciding to change QBs isn’t a bigger deal than sending a backup corner to the bench when the starter is healthy.  

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Every single argument for making any change ever is reliant on ifs and buts. Lol 

Has anyone even thought about this: Wetnz hasn't played in 6 weeks or practiced at all. I don't see how he can just come in and just simply light up the Giants in two weeks. Or start throwing down the field with our OL. Taylor mobility was buying him time and at least not afraid to stand in the pocket and take a hit as he is trying to throw. Is Wentz going to be able to do that though?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Taylor is playing like one of the worst QBs that have played any significant period of time this season. Im not sure whos in the argument with him besides Zach Wilson 

Russel Wilson. Andy Dalton. Anyone that has played for the Panthers. Matt Ryan. The list goes on and on.

As bad as Heinicke is(and he is pretty bad)there are actually quite a few QBs that have been worse. The state of QB play in the league as a whole is really bad outside of a few really really good ones.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I just dont see an option out there. 

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Has anyone even thought about this: Wetnz hasn't played in 6 weeks or practiced at all. I don't see how he can just come in and just simply light up the Giants in two weeks. Or start throwing down the field with our OL. Taylor mobility was buying him time and at least not afraid to stand in the pocket and take a hit as he is trying to throw. Is Wentz going to be able to do that though?

I have thought about this. IMO it really comes down to how he looks in practice and meetings, which we don't have visibility into.

But at the very least, a heavy running game would ease the burden on him.

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Taylor is playing like one of the worst QBs that have played any significant period of time this season. Im not sure whos in the argument with him besides Zach Wilson 

Heinicke been more on par with Russell Wilson than Zach tho. 🤷‍♂️

Also I know for a fact the Panthers have used some absolute garbage qbs. Darnold, Walker, and Mayfield each might not have significant time but there's a reason for that. They stinky poo poo. 🤭

1 minute ago, mh86 said:

Agreed, but the minute the new shiny turd has a bad game or two people will be calling for the fart poop to save the season.

That depends entirely on what route they go.  If it’s an early draft pick or say Garoppolo, you won’t hear a peep from me.  Taylor should have his ass glued to the bench.

If it’s a guy like Brissett then yeah, you gotta consider TH if they are losing.  

There’s like maybe 10 QBs in the league who can get to a super bowl and there’s young guys who you have to give a chance to become that.  If next years solution doesn’t check either of those boxes, then you’re already living in the discard pile and there’s simply no reason for loyalty to anyone in the discard pile based on anything other than results. 

Some other real bad QBs this year: Mac Jones. Jacoby Brissett. Davis Mills. Ryan Tannehill. 

I don't know if they're all better or worse than Heinicke. The truth is its all a hodge podge of mediocre to bad QBs outside of like maybe 5-7 really good(or better) ones.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Some other real bad QBs this year: Mac Jones. Jacoby Brissett. Davis Mills. Ryan Tannehill. 

I don't know if they're all better or worse than Heinicke. The truth is its all a hodge podge of mediocre to bad QBs outside of like maybe 5-7 really good(or better) ones.

Is Mac Jones really worse than Heinicke? I haven't watched any Pats games but I know Rivera was high on him coming out of the draft and would've selected him had he lasted to our pick.