Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2

Koolblue13

6 hours ago, MartinC said:

I don’t think even she knows what that means. 

Yeah, @Skinsinparadise, maybe Rick Snider could explain it to us in 2 minutes?

On 4/27/2023 at 6:45 AM, KDawg said:

His posts have become a troll artistry. Hits and runs. Doesn't respond to anyone's counter points. 

His batting average of being loud wrong approaches 100%

There is another poster who resembles that..  I don’t know who…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 4/27/2023 at 12:36 AM, skinsfan4128 said:

Dude,can you please let your hatred for Rivera go. You honestly keep this **** show going with Ron even if you hide it behind Lil Napoleon. 

Just stop. The man has done more under Snyder than any coach before him (other than perhaps Gibbs 2.0).

Your disdain for Rivera is sickening.  The man dealt with cancer upon the cancer of an owner he had to put up with and still led this team to respectability. 

2 words for you....Just. Stop.

HTTR!

Ron has been a saving grace for this franchise regardless of his W/L record. If you hate Ron then you're just a pretty miserable person....the guy just won some community/military award too. RR is a credit to the Commanders franchise, hopefully he's rewarded with a big season this year.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 4/30/2023 at 9:58 AM, HigSkin said:

Anybody know what this means?

Feels like it has to be about EB succeeding Rivera after this season but how in the world could they feel confident in the fidelity of that plan when a new owner is coming in?

Edited by Conn

50 minutes ago, Conn said:

Feels like it has to be about EB succeeding Rivera after this season but how in the world could they feel confident in the fidelity of that plan when a new owner is coming in?

It's very confusing and not sure she knows what she's talking about but was in response to a Pete Haley QB tweet so figured it had to do with that.

There aren't really any QB's of value left to pursue unless shes talking next years draft under new ownership or God forbid Brady?

Edited by HigSkin

40 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

It's very confusing and not sure she knows what she's talking about but was in response to a Pete Haley QB tweet so figured it had to do with that.

There aren't really any QB's of value left to pursue unless shes talking next years draft under new ownership or God forbid Brady?

Idk, I didn’t get the vibe that it had to be QB related, seemed to me she was using his post about national reporters without local connections as a jumping-off point to talk about other stuff that would be surprising for national reporters to know if they only had the sources. idk that’s how I took it, no idea if I’m right about my interpretation or if she’s right about her alleged info lol

While we’re on the subject of next year….

CBS Sports has us projected at the #4 pick for 2024.  IF this is what ends up happening, would all of you be satisfied with Drake Maye?  Or would you like the team to make a move to #1 like Carolina did for this draft?  Keep in mind that Arizona is projected to be the worst team in the league going into next season, AND they’re still paying Kyler Murray, so it’s not inconceivable that they trade out of the #1 pick like Chicago did.

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I would guess it has something to do with Bienemy becoming HC if the team is even moderately successful and Rivera likely moving to a FO role as president. 

Jason Wright on the McAfee show Friday was reeeeaaaaalllllll comfortable it seemed with his job.

This is all, of course, speculation. But I’m sure the various ownership groups have been kept in the loop with all of this stuff. 

Now, plans can change quick even if this was the plan. But that plan makes sense.

It also explains why they didn’t move draft capital for next year. They want their assets just in case.

7 minutes ago, samy316 said:

While we’re on the subject of next year….

CBS Sports has us projected at the #4 pick for 2024.  IF this is what ends up happening, would all of you be satisfied with Drake Maye?  Or would you like the team to make a move to #1 like Carolina did for this draft?  Keep in mind that Arizona is projected to be the worst team in the league going into next season, AND they’re still paying Kyler Murray, so it’s not inconceivable that they trade out of the #1 pick like Chicago did.

I don’t mean this to be snarky, but it’s not even worth discussing yet.

• Thumb up 1

That wouldn’t bother me if Rivera’s FO role was more a leadership/ceremonial thing and the majority of his FO was still washed out for a new personnel-focused GM that Harris hires and gives final say. And then if that GM independently loves EB for HC, so be it. But it’s wild that anyone in that building would feel comfortable making plans for the future at this juncture lol 

Edited by Conn

Josina was one of the reporters chiming in about our QB situation earlier in the offseason.

If I remember correctly she was strongly pushing the idea of new ownership working to get any elite franchise QB above all else

That she responded to a post about the QB situation combined with that... it pretty much pushes me to the side of she was talking about QB.

Whether she has any actual good intel however...

41 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Josina was one of the reporters chiming in about our QB situation earlier in the offseason.

If I remember correctly she was strongly pushing the idea of new ownership working to get any elite franchise QB above all else

That she responded to a post about the QB situation combined with that... it pretty much pushes me to the side of she was talking about QB.

Whether she has any actual good intel however...

There are no QBs to be had, though, unless my bat**** theory about Brady from earlier this offseason comes to pass. Which feels very unlikely given how long it’s taken for the ownership situation to actually change. My theory at the time was based on an earlier timeline and different FA/draft plans. And given, you know, he seems to actually be pretty retired. 

6 hours ago, Conn said:

There are no QBs to be had, though, unless my bat**** theory about Brady from earlier this offseason comes to pass. Which feels very unlikely given how long it’s taken for the ownership situation to actually change. My theory at the time was based on an earlier timeline and different FA/draft plans. And given, you know, he seems to actually be pretty retired. 

Yeah the QB train has left the station and isn't coming back. And using the term "succession" for a QB carousel is odd wording.

15 hours ago, KDawg said:

Jason Wright on the McAfee show Friday was reeeeaaaaalllllll comfortable it seemed with his job.

I watched it on the weekend.  I got the same vibe.  And the reason for it to me felt like it was the stadium.  Maybe I'll comment on it on the stadium thread but found it interesting.

I would guess it has something to do with Bienemy becoming HC if the team is even moderately successful and Rivera likely moving to a FO role as president. 

Bieniemy's ride should be interesting.  So many assume that he's the next HC.  Based on reading Harris' style about his hires, I'd say 50-50 at best.

It also explains why they didn’t move draft capital for next year. They want their assets just in case.

Feels like Rivera didn't change a thing in his approach this off season.  Nothing done as to win now type of sexy moves.  Though listening to Mayhew (Keim and Grant Palusen both said they heard they wanted to trade up in the 2nd) I got the vibe they toyed with doing so.

I think the Howell dynamic is going to be interesting.  We got a young QB, with a reshuffled O line and a new offensive system -- seems to scream a slow start and then they gradually get better.  Which would speak to all of Ron's previous seasons.

You got potentially a hyped up fan base because of Dan leaving.   Already some talk that they might sell out game 1, etc.  People wanting to be there for the new start, etc.

If this starts slow how is it all handled?

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

Everyone assumes EB and SH are both gonna' fail and the engine hasn't even started yet.

Man, this is one punch-drunk fanbase... :rofl89:

If you're once bitten, twice shy then what are you after you been chewed to the bone?

The whole fanbase has PTSDanny

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Oh the engine has been started. It will depend on not how fast you can go but how well you can drive it. ;)

As well as if your GPS is giving good directions, and local speed limit laws, and if the gas station sells those big macadamia nut cookies—not the ones with the duck on the label but the softer chewy ones—and if the car has satellite radio, and please people do not pick up hitchhikers, although I once gave a ride to two attractive women who were flirtatious the entire ride and said they thought MC Hammer was good in bed because he could dance and asked me if I was a good dancer and giggled a bit because I’m black and they were white and were kinda hinting at maybe I’d be good in bed but I was married so that didn’t go any further although when I dropped them off at the club they were going to they asked me if I wanted to come in and get a drink with them…sigh…

Dan Bucatinsky Smile GIF by ABC Network

What was the question again?…

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 6

39 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

What was the question again?…

I think it was something about a guy named EB, I think those are the initials and not his real name, but I digress, who bought a used car but hasn't started it yet. Maybe he had it towed to his house and it is just sitting there. People are walking by his house and wondering when EB will start the car. They do see him washing it and waxing it, like that karate kid guy, same hand motions and all. How fast it will go, doesn't matter, as long as EB knows how to drive it. We haven't seen him drive it yet.

At this point I am not even sure what is going on now...

• Haha 1